Dekalb

Just a BBall Fan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offense,but i dont think "doing very good" quite describes it. Katie is a beast. If she didnt have so much pressure on her to lead this team, she could be nearly unstoppable. If she were on a team such as Upperman or LA, she would have scouts all over her...but thats just the way things are i guess...she's still got one more year and im betting on her finally leading the lady tigers to the coveted district win.

If she stays at Dekalb County for her senior year. I have heard rumors that she has been looking at another place to play in the district, if the current coach is back next year. Dekalb will be okay this year, a district win is not in the making this year I do not think, but they will compete with teams. Coaching and not knowing how to win close games will effect them this year. The younger kids and a new coach possible could help win some games in the future. But people in Smithville have to remember teams in this district don't go down they reload and get better every year, by middle schools and grammar schools producing talent to keep there high school programs at a high level. So for Dekalb to be better and compete at the next level, they are also going to have to upgrade there middle school programs.

And yes they do need to hire someone from outside of Smithville, fresh blood is exactly what DCHS needs. They will not get it with someone who is from Smithville.

Im pretty sure Katie is staying...i thought it was a rule that if you transferred schools you had to sit out a year...but thats just me thinking i guess...and about the coaching thing, we wont be able to get a coach from out of town and with any credentials because the school system is just too cheap to put any more money into the county sports programs...take football for example, a few years back, we had a coach looking to come in and coach our team...maybe turn things around...but the school board wouldnt even negotiate on paying him anything decent. The sad thing about that situation was that the coach was Gary Rankin. Go figure...i guess the DC boys program found a one in a hundred coach when they got Martin...and you cant forget, the girls coach is only in her second year. It's gonna take time. At least give her a chance. Look how Martin's first year went! People cant expect her to lead this team to an undefeated season and state championship in her first and second season! That's the kind of pressure ppl have put on her tho...good luck Amy! :thumb:

Martin had experience, and can't compare his first. That was Bond's team. I know that teams in the district reload, but the Middle School has won 54 games the last three years. Playing tough competition.

Yes, as long as the middle school keeps pouring in good players, the high school has a good looking future. Lauren Adcock, Mercedes Luna, and Martha Webb are the latest batch of 8th graders Agee will be sending up. These girls are good and play smothering D. After they leave, that will probably be the end of any major talent for a couple of years. The DC coach better make the best use of these three. (I heard she may not be picking any freshmen though...although that makes NO sense at all and i talked to Mercedes and she has doubts about playing...) Those girls play VERY tough competition. Most of the schools they play are assciated with AAA high schools.

What do you think the outcome of this year will be? If the the team goes 0-28 or 1-27 does the coach get to keep the job? From what I have seen this year there is enough talent on the team to have been in and won all of the non district games. I know the district in tough and it would be hard to win a game in the district but the non district schedule is weak. In my opinion the coach is doing a terrible job.

What do you think the outcome of this year will be? If the the team goes 0-28 or 1-27 does the coach get to keep the job? From what I have seen this year there is enough talent on the team to have been in and won all of the non district games. I know the district in tough and it would be hard to win a game in the district but the non district schedule is weak. In my opinion the coach is doing a terrible job.

It will probably be a rough year for them again, im sorry to say. They have kept three of their first four games pretty close so they are headed in the right direction...they havent played anyone to tough though...they'll get their test tonight though...they play Upperman, my pick for state champion. :thumb:

Not offense but did you watch the game last night??? From what I saw, the lady tigers were out of shape and weren't even coached. I have been to quite a few games in my time and I have never seen a coach not use a single time out nor have I ever seen a coach on the losing end sit back with their arms crossed and smiling from ear to ear! Personally, if I was coaching and I was getting beat by 60+ I would be fuming mad! 14-80 is not what this team is capable of and I think a lot of talent is being wasted. I hope someone in the position of hiring coaches for this county steps up and does justice for these kids that are working hard. If something isn't done I forsee kids quitting and/or not going out for the team at all. That is a such a shame.

The lady tiger program is in some serious trouble. If the adminstration does not step in and do something this program will never get back on track, it does not matter what kind of talent they have coming up. Young ladies will start transfering out to other schools and helping them win games. When you have a coach who sits and does nothing to adjust or coach her players at all that is not good for the team at all, especially when you have young girls with talent.

Now, in saying Upperman is a very good ball club with a lot of tlaent and potential. They should be in the BORO in March playing for a gold ball. But Dekalb could have given a better effort period, and the coach could have done her job and coached instead of sitting back and acting like she is on a Sunday afternoon retreat with family and friends.