Dekalb

Just a BBall Fan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynthia Woodward will turn this program around very soon. It's beem a while since DC has had a guard this good. Let's just hope she doen't get caught up in the slump that the entire team has seemed to be in the past few years.

Word up my way is that the coach is committed to playing the older girls and Woodward may not even get to step on the floor. Isn't there another freshmen girl there who is supposed to be ggod. Did she move? Or is she playing?

Word up my way is that the coach is committed to playing the older girls and Woodward may not even get to step on the floor. Isn't there another freshmen girl there who is supposed to be ggod. Did she move? Or is she playing?

Well we had an awesome freshman shooter last year but she moved away over the summer and for some unknown reason the coach wouldn't let her rejoin the team when she moved back ojust before school. And yes, the coach is committed to playing older girls, but with only two senior this year, woodward has a decent chance to play. And really, the whole freshman class this year isn't too shabby.

Well we had an awesome freshman shooter last year but she moved away over the summer and for some unknown reason the coach wouldn't let her rejoin the team when she moved back ojust before school. And yes, the coach is committed to playing older girls, but with only two senior this year, woodward has a decent chance to play. And really, the whole freshman class this year isn't too shabby.

It comes down to, who gets the job done.

Play them freshmen. Just Get 'er dun.

There may be some parents or grandparents complaining about (My Little Petunias) playing time. So what. A coach must have the flexability to put the best player rotation on the floor to win. <_<

Edited by jimbo44

A team in the situation that they have been in, a coach should play the best players at the position no matter whose parents are involoved or what grade the players are in. Sometimes it is tough to do this becasue of politics, but what are you teaching kids and why play to lose. If your best chacne to win is playing freshman play them.

You need to develop a offensive and defensive system to where you HAVE to play 9 to 11 girls every game. They have the talent and depth to press, play man2man, and fast break, push the ball up, to win games. They need some consistency from the coaches and trust them. The coach needs to return the favor and trust the players. I do agree the Woodward girl is talented and the middle school is developing players, its time for them to stick with it in high school as well. I would try to get the Shay Sullivan girl back too. Heckofa player.

You need to develop a offensive and defensive system to where you HAVE to play 9 to 11 girls every game. They have the talent and depth to press, play man2man, and fast break, push the ball up, to win games. They need some consistency from the coaches and trust them. The coach needs to return the favor and trust the players. I do agree the Woodward girl is talented and the middle school is developing players, its time for them to stick with it in high school as well. I would try to get the Shay Sullivan girl back too. Heckofa player.

I think Shay's parents wanted her to choose between basketball and softball and she chose softball. And, frankly, she's one of the best pitchers i've ever seen so i can't say i disagree with her choice. I totally agree that you have to press and run to win ball games and the coach should have realized that during the Livingston game last year when DC pressed almost the whole game an only lost by five. And the Lady Tigers were actually AHEAD with two minutes left! I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Shay's parents wanted her to choose between basketball and softball and she chose softball. And, frankly, she's one of the best pitchers i've ever seen so i can't say i disagree with her choice. I totally agree that you have to press and run to win ball games and the coach should have realized that during the Livingston game last year when DC pressed almost the whole game an only lost by five. And the Lady Tigers were actually AHEAD with two minutes left! I don't know.

Shay also plays golf for the high school, actually won the district this year. It may just be hard to find time to do all three and she just decided to focus on two sports.