Who are the contenders in 14u?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is what I know so far:

Tennessee Flight - They are not having a 14U team as they moved about half of last year's roster up to play in the 15U division.

Memphis Lady Elite/Lady Tigers - This organization had two very strong teams qualify last year and they will be really strong again this season despite the fact that Avant has moved up to play on the 15U Memphis Lady Elite exposure team.

Tennessee Team Pride - The Team Pride are, in my opinion, the front-runner for the #7 seed as I believe they will be your 14U State Champions with all the new talent they have and the old talent they have returning.

Tennessee Lady Tigers - Should be more competitive at state after picking up some high quality guards to go with some new additions in the post.

Tennessee Elite - Lost a couple of players but may have picked up a jewel in 6'6" Ferris. She'll make them a completely different team.

Teams that could certainly make a run: Franklin Fury, Memphis Glory, and whatever team the players from the old East Tennessee Lady Bulls are on.

And for some reason, the last team that made it to Nationals last year out of the East has escaped me. I know they only had like 8 girls on their roster, but I can't remember who they were. However, I don't expect them to give these other 4 much of a challenge.

Who left Team Pride and where did they go? And where did there new players come from? Is this a case of middle Tennessee team shuffle?

Whatever happened to the Bulls, anyway....they didn't even make it to the state tournament last year. Are they still together?

Have any of these middle Tennessee teams played in any tournaments so far? And who are the top players?

Tennessee Flight - They are not having a 14U team as they moved about half of last year's roster up to play in the 15U division.

Memphis Lady Elite/Lady Tigers - This organization had two very strong teams qualify last year and they will be really strong again this season despite the fact that Avant has moved up to play on the 15U Memphis Lady Elite exposure team.

Tennessee Team Pride - The Team Pride are, in my opinion, the front-runner for the #7 seed as I believe they will be your 14U State Champions with all the new talent they have and the old talent they have returning.

Tennessee Lady Tigers - Should be more competitive at state after picking up some high quality guards to go with some new additions in the post.

Tennessee Elite - Lost a couple of players but may have picked up a jewel in 6'6" Ferris. She'll make them a completely different team.

Teams that could certainly make a run: Franklin Fury, Memphis Glory, and whatever team the players from the old East Tennessee Lady Bulls are on.

And for some reason, the last team that made it to Nationals last year out of the East has escaped me. I know they only had like 8 girls on their roster, but I can't remember who they were. However, I don't expect them to give these other 4 much of a challenge.

Thanks for your insight, ptguard12. You always provide interesting information. By the way, concerning the Memphis Glory, I don't believe they have a team at this ager group or older. But as knowledgeable as you are, you may have picked up on a recent change in that organization.

Thanks again for your post. Looking forward to more in the future.

Thanks for your insight, ptguard12. You always provide interesting information. By the way, concerning the Memphis Glory, I don't believe they have a team at this ager group or older. But as knowledgeable as you are, you may have picked up on a recent change in that organization.

Thanks again for your post. Looking forward to more in the future.

Actually, I believe they don't have 14U team.....but, they do have a 16U Exposure group themselves. Don't know much about that group though! <_<

The West TN Lady Tigers/Elite team does not exist anymore. Avant moved up to the 15u Elite as did several of her teammates. Many of the others went to the 14u Memphis Lady Elite (James). The rest are on another Memphis team that plays exposure tournaments and local tournaments. They apparently have no plans to play AAU, at least for now. There is a second 14u Memphis Lady Elite team, the 14u Memphis Lady Elite (Miles).

If Team Pride has improved, then they have to be considered as not just a contender for the state championship, but also for the national championship. They lost to a tough and fast Garner Flames team last year in the Elite 8, but with the improvement, they could make it to the Final Four and once that happens, anything is possible.

The West TN Lady Tigers/Elite team does not exist anymore. Avant moved up to the 15u Elite as did several of her teammates. Many of the others went to the 14u Memphis Lady Elite (James). The rest are on another Memphis team that plays exposure tournaments and local tournaments. They apparently have no plans to play AAU, at least for now. There is a second 14u Memphis Lady Elite team, the 14u Memphis Lady Elite (Miles).

If Team Pride has improved, then they have to be considered as not just a contender for the state championship, but also for the national championship. They lost to a tough and fast Garner Flames team last year in the Elite 8, but with the improvement, they could make it to the Final Four and once that happens, anything is possible.

I was aware that the Lady Tigers/Elite team did not exist. I also knew that Avant and some of the others moved up to play on the 15U Exposure team. I know based on some of the names on the rosters that the Memphis Lady Elite still have enough talent left on their two 14U Division I teams, especially the James team, to compete rather well at State.

Team Pride is definitely the favorite in this age group.

Edited by ptguard12