East Tennessee- AA Next Year

OS91

Posted by Converse:

1. McMinn Central

2. Hotly contested between Walker Valley and Tellico .

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Grundy

2. Bledsoe or Sequatchie - not real sure how many of

contributors were seniors this year.

I'd pick Bledsoe if I had to pick right now, with East Ridge, Marion and Grundy going 2-4 in what order not sure. Sequatchie had 4 senior starters, probably 90 percent of the points and rebounds are gone. Bledsoe had one senior, a good player but not one that can't be replaced without too much difficulty. Candace Smith was her name, one of the blonde guards if you saw them play (not the high scoring one). I am pretty sure East Ridge returns their very strong post player, she was pretty brutal inside when the refs kept the whistles in their pockets, when they called it normal she was on the bench in a hurry with fouls. Marion was very young, I think they had some freshmen and sophomores starting (might be wrong) and they looked okay at times. Grundy lost their best player, a point guard. Sequatchie lost 4 seniors, return a starting guard and a post that was a backup last year but probably could have been a starter. 3 players quit before last season began, all three would have been in the top 6 or 7 in the rotation so they could have been much better last year, they were not as good as their 25-3 record but they were pretty good considering they had only 6 reliable players.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Springs 7th??????? I can see other picks, but why would you pick a state tourney team with 5 of their 6 top players returning also a tremendous transfer in Monk and All State( as a sophomore) PG Hall who help lead her AAU team to 4th place in the nation this summer 7th, are you serious?

OS91,

Really did i hit a major nerve you posted your picks and i posted mines those were my opinions. 7th...........hmmm must sound familiar. you place A-E 7th they went to the state, they made it to the final four Ida Sammons made all state they are returning 8 of their 12 best players and adding I'm not even going to bring up the past you should know about that........A-E beat half of the people you posted on your list including OS but that was the past. There's know question in mind that OS is a good team but before you start jumping to conclusions those were just my opinions :x Now, if you want to get real about a lot of people don't give A-E no kind of respect they found out they were wrong. If i'm not mistaking you were the one talking about A-E in the regional tourney stateing that no one on A-E's team could stop Hall, pass there swarming defensive press, and OS was going to destroy everyone in their path hah! Now what exactly happened in that game i'm sure you can find a reason. Now A-E should deserve a better spot than 7th don't you think? :confused:

Posted by bballtn:

1.OS

2.AE

3.GATLINBURG

4.S GREENE

5.LOUDON

6.ELIZABETHTON

7.SEYMOUR

8.UNICOI

9.KINGSTON

10.SCOTT

Now get real Gobball99 lets see your real picks?

those were my picks

AE

SG

GP

Eliz.

OS

Loudon

Seym.

Kingston.

Carter

Unicoi

these are the new one's are you happy now?

:x

goldball, you are not only mistaken, but completely out in left field, but thats ok... I am certain you still have your training wheels on.. one day I will get a wrench and you can peddle your bike with the big boys..

First off, Ida Sammons did not make ALL STATE as you mentioned. She made all East Tennessee and Honorable Mention ALl State. Possibly she made All tourney at the state tourney, but without question she was not on the all state team AP. Strike one

Secondly, I never made comments that any player from OS would run circles around any opposing player or team. Why do I knw this? Its simple actually. I would never put expectations on a young player to perform. Backtrack and look and see what was posted if you feel strongly about your misguided post. Strike 2

Hm.. I guess you think its a sore spot as you stated above. Well, obvioulsy You ranked OS 7th because I ranked AE 7th. But unlike you I did mine without bias to gat even with a poster as you di with me. Strike 3

YOur out, game over..

In summary,

I dont think AE will have the super team it had last year. Ae will be good and soid, but a 30 win season will be hard to duplicate. Again, that my belief.. Just some advice.. KNow if you can hit the pitch, before you come to bat..

OS91,

1. i was talking about the all state tournament team i know she didn't make all state

2. I said if I'm not mistaking you were the one that posted those things said about A-E.

3. I didn't pick OS 7th because you picked A-E 7th that had nothing to do with what my opinion was. And I just replyed to your comment about how could i pick a state tourney team 7th and i asked the same question. And i don't need a summary i think you got it. Both of the teams are real good teams with some talented players. Who knows if A-E can win 32 games this season like last season, only time can tell but i wouldn't doubt them. :D

1. YOu clearly said all state in your first post. AS I quote you " IDA Sammons made all sate. Now you claim you meant all state tourney.. There is a HUGE difference.

2. You said I posted things about AE if you are not mistaken. You are clearly mistaken. First off in you original post on this topic you said that I made references that a certain OS player would run wild on AE. Your last post then said I made comments about AE. If you are going to post, please have some knowledge of what you are posting. COacht.com allows you to backtrack, so instead of posting SLOPPY posts do some homework and add something concrete, instead of if I am not mistaken or I believe..

3. I posted this original post. I only ranked AE 7th and that was the last time I posted. WHen I amde the top 10, I actually do believe AE will not have the success they had last year with losses- Michelle Booker, etc. come to find out, the reason you ranked OS 7th is because of me putting AE 7th. YOu openly admited that above... Again, sloppy posting..

That is all for now.. Training wheels still entact, for now

• 8 years later...