How many innings can a pitcher pitch in a week?

goirishgreen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the rule on how many innings a pitcher can pitch in a week? I know at this level, arms have to be protected but what is the rule? Maybe a coach or an official can answer this and is there a pitching log signed to keep teams honest?

i think they can appear in 10 innings. this situation happened last year in the district tournament between halls and oak ridge. oak ridge won the game on scoreboard but their pitcher threw too many innings that week and so oak ridge had to forefit the game and that put them out of the tournament.

We relished from this rule so I know it pretty good. A pitcher cannot pitch more than 10 innings in Two consecutive days, as for a week I have no clue but I know they cannot pitch more than 10 innings in 2 days. Oak Ridge screwed that one up.

there is no rule on innings pitched for a week - just the 10 innings on consecutive days rule.....

This can't be right . Can it? Possibly 20 to 35 innings a week. This can't be right. Can it?

Actually, that is correct. Once a pitcher has totalled ten innings in consecutive days he has to sit for one day, and then the cycle can start over again.