Rhea County

cephus23

For the umptenth (sp), I am not a hater of anyone or any team. Don't really know anything about what he is saying about Powell or any other school. Don't have any knowledge of what that wonderful county of Knox pays it coaches or anyone else and really don't care. IMO, if HS coaches are doing it for the pay, then they need to find something else to do.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really know anything about what he is saying about Powell or any other school. Don't have any knowledge of what that wonderful county of Knox pays it coaches or anyone else and really don't care.

So, if you don't have any knowledge of the subject, nor do you care, then why are you sticking your nose in to the subject in the first place? :thumb:

have you all ever thought that maybe it's not about money and it's about family and what is best for Coach Hammontree's family.

and as an assistant? why is that funny? i mean come on, yeah he's a head coach, but if he is happier as an assistant elsewhere, then what's the big deal. he's a great coach, i'll give him that, he's an even better man, and a motivator and life teacher, not just a football coach.

and another thing......... you can look up pay scales all across the internet for georgia and tennessee schools... and yes, pay scales are SIGNIFICANTLY different.

and last.... Hammontree wouldn't take the Alcoa job or Powell job if it was handed to him, the communities do not back the coaching staff, they want everything for nothing. they want a state title after state title, but do not want to support the school to get it.

just a little from the inside.... i know a few people.

I do find it odd that he would go back to Georgia after only two years at Rhea Co, especially when i was under the impression he wanted to get back to Tennessee in the first place. I too have great admiration for his abilities as a coach and a person but given the intensity, and basically the "my way or the highway" focus that he and Reid both seem to possess this is an interesting union. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Regardless of the outcome he and Reid both are laying the foundation for reputations of not staying in the same place for long. IMHO

I do find it odd that he would go back to Georgia after only two years at Rhea Co, especially when i was under the impression he wanted to get back to Tennessee in the first place. I too have great admiration for his abilities as a coach and a person but given the intensity, and basically the "my way or the highway" focus that he and Reid both seem to possess this is an interesting union. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Regardless of the outcome he and Reid both are laying the foundation for reputations of not staying in the same place for long. IMHO

I had the same question until I read the article in the Chattanooga paper. Evidentially Hammontree's wife's career played a big part in the decision. I don't know what she does for a living, but the story did say that she has landed a position in the Paulding County area. Hammontree was quoted as saying that was a part of the decision.

So that everyone could see how rude you can be. LOL

Rude? Since when is the truth being rude?

The bottom line is when one makes a statement like Eagle did they can expect to be asked to have something more than 3 games experience in 17 years to back up what they say.

You just don't get it, do you?

Not when it comes to being an expert like yourself. RLOL

Well, there's a lot of things I don't know, but how much the Powell community supports the PHS football program definitely is something that I am very familiar with, despite what somebody like you who admittedly doesn't know nor care anything about it says.

Really, papatj, I don't give a rats behind what you think about me or believe about what I say on this forum. The core group of posters in this particular sub-forum know who I am and that I am pretty close to the situation and know that what I post generally comes from some pretty good sources.

Your opinion really is of no interest what so ever to me.

Hooray for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a nice person that you are.

I am a nice person to people who deserve to be treated nicely.

If you come with an attitude, like you normally do, expect to get the attitude back in your face.

Edited by HTV