Steroids

HLfan68

why all the hype about steroids? books, gossip, propaganda. ive heard of small colleges and high schools around the country using this stuff but i just really want you alls opinions on this subject since ive never seen it on coacht.

and PLEASE dont mention any names or any schools in this. we dont care/need/want to know any names or schools that might have this problem, thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why all the hype about steroids? books, gossip, propaganda. ive heard of small colleges and high schools around the country using this stuff but i just really want you alls opinions on this subject since ive never seen it on coacht.

and PLEASE dont mention any names or any schools in this. we dont care/need/want to know any names or schools that might have this problem, thanks.

I think one of the main reasons people use steroids is jealousy, being jealous of the other team or of their opponent.

It's pretty sad when people use stuff like steroids rather than trying and working hard to get better.

polk wildcat - jealousy might be a reason for some to juice up, but I think that's probably a minority of the users. Many juicers do it to have a shot at being the starter, or getting the oppotunity to play at the next level. A lot of people who use or have used might not have had the chance to play at the collegiate (or professional from college) level after high school had they not beefed up with help from 'roids.

It's sad to say, but many young athletes don't grab the attention of scouts or recruiters because of their size and lack of projectibility, however, they could be a late bloomer (or simply an overachiever) who is capable of playing at that level if given a chance.

I am not by any means condoning the use of illegal substances to gain an edge, but steriods for many is an extremely attractive way of leveling the playing field. Just don't label the majority of users as jealous when the majority are not.

polk wildcat - jealousy might be a reason for some to juice up, but I think that's probably a minority of the users. Many juicers do it to have a shot at being the starter, or getting the oppotunity to play at the next level. A lot of people who use or have used might not have had the chance to play at the collegiate (or professional from college) level after high school had they not beefed up with help from 'roids.

It's sad to say, but many young athletes don't grab the attention of scouts or recruiters because of their size and lack of projectibility, however, they could be a late bloomer (or simply an overachiever) who is capable of playing at that level if given a chance.

I am not by any means condoning the use of illegal substances to gain an edge, but steriods for many is an extremely attractive way of leveling the playing field. Just don't label the majority of users as jealous when the majority are not.

I'm not labeling them jealous, I'm just saying that that's what drives them to use them. Not being good enough, wanting to start on the varsity level, or wanting to catch people's eyes.

I think people need to work hard and practice hard to become better, not use steroids ;)

When it comes to steroids people always think that it automatically makes you a better ball player, well the truth is that you have 2 have good eyes and be able 2 pick up the rotation on the ball to hit it ya know?? So i mean strength isnt everything.

I don't know if it makes your eyes quicker but it will sure make your bat quicker to the ball. It will make all responsive muscles a little quicker & a LOT stronger.

I know it's illegal & have never used them myself but I can see why,in this day & age,that some might;especially if/when it wasn't illegal.

It didn't used to be illegal you know.(MLB)

THE SQUAD :blink:

Edited by THE SQUAD

Steroids weren't illegal in baseball for years & years after they were banned from the NFL.

The "experts" said that they wouldn't help a baseball player.

Way wrong. They will help ANY athelete in ANY sport.

With a big detrimental price to pay in the future though.

NOT WORTH IT!

THE SQUAD :blink:

Steroids weren't illegal in baseball for years & years after they were banned from the NFL.

The "experts" said that they wouldn't help a baseball player.

Way wrong. They will help ANY athelete in ANY sport.

With a big detrimental price to pay in the future though.

NOT WORTH IT!

THE SQUAD :lol:

Right on Squad. I can see why pro players who are wanting to make more money might use them. They feel that the breakdowns that will occur in their bodies later are worth the price. These high schoolers, on the other hand, do not understand what price they will pay in their 20s and 30s for a relativley moment of glory. :blink:

Right on Squad. I can see why pro players who are wanting to make more money might use them. They feel that the breakdowns that will occur in their bodies later are worth the price. These high schoolers, on the other hand, do not understand what price they will pay in their 20s and 30s for a relativley moment of glory. :lol:

Steriods, while not against MLB policy until recently, have been illegal in the U.S. for years. I think that overrides any league policy. Why do you think they have to get them from Mexico? They will enhance some aspects of an already capable baseball player. However, especially when taken by kids without medical guidance they will increase the risk of serious injury. They greatly increase the risk of complete muscle tears as opposed to strains. Most kids do not know the most effective ones to take for baseball, nor are they aware of the most healthy cycling procedures. None of this is in any way targeted at glorifying steroid use by athletes. However, professional athletes generally take many things into consideration before using steriods, and many are under medical advice of doctors. This is totally different from a high school kid buying a cycle because he heard Barry Bonds uses them. Finally, the price of steroids rules out the majority of high school kids even coming into contact with them. Check into it!! Just my thoughts.

Steriods, while not against MLB policy until recently, have been illegal in the U.S. for years. I think that overrides any league policy. Why do you think they have to get them from Mexico? They will enhance some aspects of an already capable baseball player. However, especially when taken by kids without medical guidance they will increase the risk of serious injury. They greatly increase the risk of complete muscle tears as opposed to strains. Most kids do not know the most effective ones to take for baseball, nor are they aware of the most healthy cycling procedures. None of this is in any way targeted at glorifying steroid use by athletes. However, professional athletes generally take many things into consideration before using steriods, and many are under medical advice of doctors. This is totally different from a high school kid buying a cycle because he heard Barry Bonds uses them. Finally, the price of steroids rules out the majority of high school kids even coming into contact with them. Check into it!! Just my thoughts.

Yeah, most cost way too much for high school athletes to get a hold of.

Edited by polk_wildcat

The real advantange is in performance, not jealousy.

Roids Do not make you a better player.

The Growth makes you equal or provides an edge that your own DNA does not provide.

Same as the Colt 45 made all men equal.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Cutbait, baby.

The Truth.

Edited by cutbait