Steroids

HLfan68

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you think steroids are too expensive for the average highschooler then you are way wrong! I guess 150 dollars is more money than any kid in highschool has ever seen right? it is not that hard to get ahold of these types of drugs, i would say its just as easy as any other type of illegal drug maybe even easier.

there is noway someone can tell another person they arent worth the risk either. that is for the person to determine for himself. so if having a chance to make the high school team or playing in the next level is worth being bald, having prostate or liver cancer, infertile sperm, severe acne, closing your bones growth plates early, or wearing down your joints to the point where everyday tasks are extremely painful then go ahead and spend your 150 bucks and pop them pills, shoot up, and swallow them drops!

and hlfan there are certain supplements that enhance vision, strengthen tendons and ligaments, grow taller, run faster, and do all that crazy stuff. these are called human growth hormone(HGH). they are the best stuff you can buy, doing all of those things, but are the most expensive and perhaps the most dangerous and disfiguring of all.

I agree about the relative ease of getting these drugs. Although, $150 will not get a very long supply of them. I know when I was in high school, I certainly did not have that kind of money to spend with no questions asked.The problem with them being relatively easy to get is that you are not sure what you are getting. Seriods alone can cause damage, not to mention when they are cut with other substances!! I definitely would not mention HGH when concerning high school use. There is no way of getting that for even close to $150 dollars. I do agree on the consequences of steriod use though. I guess it is like any other drug. You are probably right about each person deciding on their own.

yes $150 wont get you much more than a few weeks and HGH is nowhere near that amount at all. but I'm just saying they are much more available than they were 20, 10, or 5 years ago. and so is the money to buy them with.

also the way i see it is there is no policy whatsoever in highschool about em. sure they are illegal but if a coach or a member of the faculty is aware of a students use of them he doesnt have to do anything about it at all. so if im lookin to get that edge and that one step ahead now would be the perfect time to do it. there is no testing in highschool as there is in college and the pros not just in baseball but any sport.

Oh, I agree totally that they are much easier to get today. I guess you do have a point that kids have more money on average as well. Yes, I think there should be something to prevent kids from using steroids in high school. However, I'm not sure the use in HS today warrants a testing program. Let's say the problem was as bad in this region as it is in say California, or Miami, or even Texas. Tests for anabolic steroids are very expensive. In college, at the D-1 level, not everyone is tested for steroids. The only ones that get tested are a couple random players and players under suspicion. I wouldn't be surprised if state official are having the same conversation as you and I in five or ten years. Edited by jacktheripper

Some of you guys hit the nail on the head! Steroids is about one thing, MAKING MONEY!!!

More physical strength with appropriate stretching will increase bat speed, power, quickness, arm strength=BETTER BASEBALL PLAYER=BETTER NUMBERS=MORE MONEY!

Most Juco's, NAIA, and other small schools can not afford to steroid testing because most all drug testing is very expensive. I know when I was in school, no NAIA teams tested. DIV-1 schools are tested randomly, but not there is so many ways to pass the test.

The people that get caught in MLB now are idiots, because their are ways to get around the test, and they have the money to afford it. The ones that get caught are because they are careless.

The problem with steriods is that these guys cant get enough, they stack them and combine them with each other, this is what causes the liver damage and weaker tendons. Most of these guys that tear tendons and complete muscle tears are usually players juicing. They tear tendons because their muscles get so big and strong so quick that the tendon can not keep up with them. Muscle tears are usually from muscle imbalance and lack of stretching.

bignasty, im actually glad u and i can have intelligent conversations. lets keep it up. theres not point in bickering back and forth about whos better and what not because thats gets played out on the field

but back to the subject at hand, hgh is some powerful stuff. and sme kids around have enough money to get those if they can find out where. what are some side effects of that?