Homeruns anyone?

bella444

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which world series (and not putting them down because it sounds like they have a really good team)?

That is a good question, which brings up a point. Homeruns are great but they seem not to happen against good teams with good pitching. I mean some of the teams that I am reading about say they have all these homeruns and I am looking at the teams they have played and its like " wow" who have they played that is really good? When I have watched some of these teams against a top five team, their bats are silent and they have trouble getting on base.

That is a good question, which brings up a point. Homeruns are great but they seem not to happen against good teams with good pitching. I mean some of the teams that I am reading about say they have all these homeruns and I am looking at the teams they have played and its like " wow" who have they played that is really good? When I have watched some of these teams against a top five team, their bats are silent and they have trouble getting on base.

I agree and in reverse it is hard for a player who can hit big off good a pitcher to hit off a slow pitcher.

Also, I would be interested in the size of the fields. In my experience the distance to the fence varies greatly in some areas.

I agree and in reverse it is hard for a player who can hit big off good a pitcher to hit off a slow pitcher.

Also, I would be interested in the size of the fields. In my experience the distance to the fence varies greatly in some areas.

I agree, and some teams dont even play on fields with fences, so those home runs shouldnt even count

I agree, and some teams dont even play on fields with fences, so those home runs shouldnt even count

without a error on the play they should count but I also think all the fences should be 200 to 215' the ones that should'n is the fields that have 185' fence that's just a lazy pop fly.

Edited by wpasi

Kaitlynn Reed Hit one out also at the Tournament in Crossville too. I kind of suprised that she hitting more out i guess her elbow is still hurting her.

Crossivlle is 200' with a tall fence one that goes out there to me is a homer it's the 185' that is a lazy fly anywhere else that's a joke. Kaitlynn is a heck of a ball player.

Edited by wpasi

without a error on the play they should count but I also think all the fences should be 200 to 215' the ones that should'n is the fields that have 185' fence that's just a lazy pop fly.

On an open field, I have seen ground balls thru the infield roll between the two outfielders and goes for a homerun because there is no fence to stop it. Those should not be counted as homeruns. With a fence, the most it would be is a double, or triple

On an open field, I have seen ground balls thru the infield roll between the two outfielders and goes for a homerun because there is no fence to stop it. Those should not be counted as homeruns. With a fence, the most it would be is a double, or triple

the question was homeruns right, i do believe standard softball field is 200 to 220 but i do know that some of the girls in the little town of erwin have hit at least 220 to 240 my question who has the most in in the dist 1 aa schools is there such a record. and dont forget the faster the ball the farther it goes. and ladies good luck to all keep stroke in that ball.

I've seen about 10 to 15-at most-hit at Sequatchie (200 feet with a normal height wall) in 4 or 5 years, total, home team and visitors. Two this year, one home team and one away team. Visitors have included teams like GPS, East Ridge, others, teams with Division I and high level juco/NAIA signing hitters. Sorry if I'm skeptical on some, and that wasn't the point on the world series question and it wasn't to single out one team.

Edited by Indian