lincoln co. vs coffee county

Rosie_the_Riveter

lincoln county lost 2-1 agaisnt coffee county tonight. lc out hit and out played coffee we had a few bad breaks and a few missed opportunities but i geuss thats how it goes. lady falcons keep your heads up and keep playing your game. we cannot wait to face the lady raiders again. good game both teams tonight. we'll see you soon lady raiders in our house!! you can get your ribbons back when you come.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible call by the umpire at first, if they couldn't see if the firstbasemen touched the base (which she did) then shouldn't they call her out! ,and then at the end of the inning , the fans where booing the umpire, he put up his middle finger on the side of his face and kept it there for about 15 sec. facing the fans. Unbelievable behavier from an umpire. At the end of the game the girls from Coffee spit in their hands before shaking hands, thats poor sportsmanship. I think the coach from Coffee needs to give his Players, Fans and Umpires a talk about good sportsmanship.

Terrible call by the umpire at first, if they couldn't see if the firstbasemen touched the base (which she did) then shouldn't they call her out! ,and then at the end of the inning , the fans where booing the umpire, he put up his middle finger on the side of his face and kept it there for about 15 sec. facing the fans. Unbelievable behavier from an umpire. At the end of the game the girls from Coffee spit in their hands before shaking hands, thats poor sportsmanship. I think the coach from Coffee needs to give his Players, Fans and Umpires a talk about good sportsmanship.

yea freakin teriable call at first

I'm not sure I was at the same game as gomidstate. I did not see the umpire stick up his middle finger nor did I see any of the lady raiders spit in their hand before shaking and I was there til the end. It may have been a bad call at first but then again I thought the call at home was a bad call giving lc their only run of the game. i thought both teams played hard and played to win. Cheslea pitched a great game and we pulled the game out because of an error. Rivalry is a good thing and makes the girls dig hard for the win but lets not bad mouth either team. Looking forward to coming to your house soon.

Nice try GOMIDSTATE! You are just a trouble maker. I am glad to see that nobody fell for that garbage. Umpires would lose their jobs if they were caught on film doing something like that. The Lady Raiders did not spit on their hands. They just had hair ribbons in their hands (some kind of fun towards the other team) but definitely not spit!!!! Both teams played a great game as always. It is always fun to watch these teams play. Kasie Meeks pitched a great game only gave up one run. Great defense Lady Raiders! Looking forward to watching you girls play in Fayetteville!

BTW- Why do some always blame the umpires?

Before this goes any further,please remember this is the oldest and best rivalry in middle Tennnessee softball and it has been that with both sides mostly showing fantastic sportsmanship toward each other. Please dont get on here and ruin something that these two schools have worked so hard for over the years. Perfect example is last year in coaches allstar game Lincoln Co. Whitney Horton and the girls from Coffee that played had a great time together and realized that after 4 yrs of stiff competition against each other they could be friends. Whitney still talks about this when Coffee gets brought up.Hey maybe some things have happened this year that shouldnt bUt dont blow the greatest rivalry in high school softball{my opinion} anywhere to be found. I still say id rather watch these two teams play each other than any other teams in Tennnessee.Good luck to both teams but Lincoln Co. GET UR DUN!

I call the games on the radio for Coffee County so first let me say the call at home was right. The call at first was right. I sit up high, pressbox level and had a great view of both plays, blue got them right. For those of you who listen to my broadcast you know I'll jump an ump if I think he's wrong, this time he was right.

I call the games on the radio for Coffee County so first let me say the call at home was right. The call at first was right. I sit up high, pressbox level and had a great view of both plays, blue got them right. For those of you who listen to my broadcast you know I'll jump an ump if I think he's wrong, this time he was right.

If you where in the press box you had no angle or good view of the play at first, neither did the umpire behind the plate who called her safe. Didn't say the umpire held up his middle finger, said he had it on the side of his face, like he was rubbing his eye but he wasn't moving his hand. people on the coffee side wouldn't of had a good angle at this.