Region 3-2A

reaction

I really think its to early right now to be discussing this especially when most if not all the teams in the region haven't even went through a day of Spring Practice yet. I think its possible that Boyd Buchanan, Tyner, Sequatchie Co. & Marion Co. could all go into the season tied for first in the region.

Tyner Academy has to replace players such as K. Craddock, M. Mitchell, N. Jordan, K. Jones and lineman C. Taylor.

Boyd Buchanan has to replace QB/DB Weston Perry, H. Wallace and a number of other seniors who contributed. They have a bright spot in A. Hathaway but he is coming off a major injury.

Marion Co. lost a good number of players as well including V. Kinsey, C. Kopek, S. Sowder and several lineman.

Sequatchie Co. also has to replace several players most notable is the backfield of QB C. Bureau and RB's C. Whited, B. Lewis as well as a four year starter at OT in Chuck French. A lot of the younger guys I think can offset those losses Senior RB Justin Walden will bring a mixture of speed & power to the backfield as well as LB along with several other guys such as Quad Bain and Sophmores such as Brandon Ashby and Mathew Johnson will give the Indians some speed in the backfield that hasn't been seen in a couple of years. Senior Bud Christy will bring speed to both WR & DB positions. I also think there are a couple of transfers that will be playing for the Indians this season? :thumb: I know of at least one (if he is still here) that should help at LB or DB on defense and rb or reciever for the offense.

edit

Sorry was in a hurry at the time here is my early take on Bledsoe County they probably return the most players at least at the skill postitions than any other team but they just don't have the athletes to compete with the other teams in the region other than a couple of players like DeGenero & Colvard.

sequatchie has more players than just a couple to provide power and speed to the offensive and deffensive side of the ball. you are forgeting about a player who started midway through last season that has a lot of power and ran the top 40 time this year. Logan Farley and other fellow Indians that have not got there time to shine yet will also provide some speed and power sequatchie has not seen in a couple of years. There has been position changes to benifit the teams needs. Yes there is a transfer that started at another school that will provide some more skill at Lb and rb. like i said time will only tell, and yes it is early but our hard work will pay off. Year Of The Indians in 06. :angry:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie has more players than just a couple to provide power and speed to the offensive and deffensive side of the ball. you are forgeting about a player who started midway through last season that has a lot of power and ran the top 40 time this year. Logan Farley and other fellow Indians that have not got there time to shine yet will also provide some speed and power Sequatchie has not seen in a couple of years. There has been position changes to benifit the teams needs. Yes there is a transfer that started at another school that will provide some more skill at LB and RB. like I said time will only tell, and yes it is early but our hard work will pay off. Year Of The Indians in 06. :justwrestle:

I failed to mention Logan sorry about that another guy I think could have a breakout year is Cody Harmon. I am ready to watch some spring practice so much so that I actually watched the highlite DVD from last season. Walden how many guys are you going to have for spring practice and is there going to be a scrimmage with anyone or just the Purple & Gold game?

Tyner Academy has to replace players such as K. Craddock, M. Mitchell, N. Jordan, K. Jones and lineman C. Taylor.

...This is true but the "RAMS" have always been deep at the skill positions and the coming year is no different...the O-line and the D-line return intact(with the exception of Carl Taylor)...I'll update after the scrimmages later this month :thumb:

I failed to mention Logan sorry about that another guy I think could have a breakout year is Cody Harmon. I am ready to watch some spring practice so much so that I actually watched the highlite DVD from last season. Walden how many guys are you going to have for spring practice and is there going to be a scrimmage with anyone or just the Purple & Gold game?

We have about 40-50 kids coming out for spring.Its going to be more of a learning spring more than contact.Sequatchie may suprise some people this fall.One thing i can say we have a team more than we have individuals.Lets just say TIME WILL TELL. year of the INDIANS in 06 :thumb:

Tyner will rule this Region! Boyd will go to DII and Sequatchie will move to AAA in about 3 or 4 years.

If Boyd moves out then why would Seqatchie move up? That means that until Bledsoe comes around, the game with Marion would be for homefield in the playoffs, plus if Tyner slips up Sequatchie would be right there to take the region. Also, look at the region they would move into: Notre Dame, Polk, Meigs, Howard, Grundy, East Ridge, McMinn Central, Sequoyah(?), and Tellico. That would be a ten team region if they moved up. If they stay they have an automatic playoff spot, rather than move up and miss the playoffs because they had a bad week, 1 bad week and they're out.

If Boyd moves out then why would Seqatchie move up? That means that until Bledsoe comes around, the game with Marion would be for homefield in the playoffs, plus if Tyner slips up Sequatchie would be right there to take the region. Also, look at the region they would move into: Notre Dame, Polk, Meigs, Howard, Grundy, East Ridge, McMinn Central, Sequoyah(?), and Tellico. That would be a ten team region if they moved up. If they stay they have an automatic playoff spot, rather than move up and miss the playoffs because they had a bad week, 1 bad week and they're out.

Sequatchie County is a growing county and the school is growing in size and if it keeps growing like it is, then I think they will move to AAA.

I was told the other day Seq has over 200 entering freshmen this fall and the classes below that are similar. The county has been one of the quickest growing in the state in the last few years, and a new elementary-age school is in early planning stages already. The only sport they'd move up in is football, from 2A to 3A, would have to increase by several hundred to move up to AAA in other sports. I'm still interested to know if anyone has the projected enrollments at Signal Mt, East Brainerd and Stone in Cumberland once they have four classes.

Edited by Indian

HMMMM! Bledsoe returns more players at skill positions than any other team in region!

These same players that domanited all throughout little league and the best seasons ever in middle school ,And you say it is the lack of athletes that is the problem :lol::lol::lol: LOOK AGAIN MY FRIEND!!!!!!

Look at the top of our program to see what the problem is and the answer is clear we have leaders in our system that POINT BLANK care more about their personal gain than our children.

Middle school results mean very little. The 2003 Seq team, I believe 5-6 or 4-7 without looking it up despite having 3 or 4 small college players, was 8-1 in 8th grade and won the conference. The 89 team, arguably the best ever at the school (lost to Kingston in the quarters in the final minute, Kingston lost to nationally ranked Alcoa in the final seconds the next week), was 4-4 in 8th grade.

Edited by Indian

I would think if that happens then Polk Meigs & Tellico would drop back to 2AA. Notre Dame would be gone as well.

I was told the other day Seq has over 200 entering freshmen this fall and the classes below that are similar. The county has been one of the quickest growing in the state in the last few years, and a new elementary-age school is in early planning stages already. The only sport they'd move up in is football, from 2A to 3A, would have to increase by several hundred to move up to AAA in other sports. I'm still interested to know if anyone has the projected enrollments at Signal Mt, East Brainerd and Stone in Cumberland once they have four classes.

That is a lot I remember about 4 or 5 years ago someone said the elementary school had nearly 1000 kids but I didn't think that was true but it must have been.

I think they are already in the process or planning on building on to the High School again. I read in the Tribune I think about a adding a larger commons area or something but it seems they are running out of room unless they start going down the hill. I would build the additions off the front of the school and make a new school entrance further down the hill.

Edited by Sequatchie

I would think if that happens then Polk Meigs & Tellico would drop back to 2AA. Notre Dame would be gone as well.

That is a lot I remember about 4 or 5 years ago someone said the elementary school had nearly 1000 kids but I didn't think that was true but it must have been.

I think they are already in the process or planning on building on to the High School again. I read in the Tribune I think about a adding a larger commons area or something but it seems they are running out of room unless they start going down the hill. I would build the additions off the front of the school and make a new school entrance further down the hill.

The middle school has played in the 5A division (largest of 5) in the state basketball tournament the past two seasons. I think close to 1000 at the elem. school was probably counting some preschool but it's around at least 900 in K-4.