Best games in the South

Aquaman_DHS

Lets discuss some of the best games around the southern part of the U.S. or teams from the South <_< . Here is my list(Just a few):

*Home Team First

Byrnes(SC) Vs. Glades Central(FL)

Daphne(Ala) Vs. Lincoln-Tallahassee(FL)

Findlay(OH) Vs. Texarkana(TX)

Hoover(Ala) Vs. John Curtis(LA)

John Tyler(TX) Vs. Texarkana(TX)

Springdale(Ark) Vs. St.Edward(OH)

St.Xavier(OH) Vs. Lakeland(FL)

Union(OK) Vs. Hoover(Ala)

Valdosta(GA) Vs.Lincoln-Tallahassee(FL)

Valdosta(GA) Vs. Lowndes(GA)

Edited by Aquaman_DHS

Hoover, AL is also going to Tulsa to play Union. That should be a good one.

Chase Nelson who is an incoming Freshman for the Vols played for Union and I think Macenzie Adams, who played at Union, is in line to be the starting QB @ Vandy. I'll be pulling for the Redskins in this one. Union played a home and home against a California team a few years back. They also had a deal set up where 2 Tulsa area teams played 2 Houston Teams at Union's Tuttle Stadium. It was a regular season game but it had a bowl atmosphere.

I think Byrnes and Charlotte Independence should play each other.

That Byrnes team I watched that killed MBA was hands down the best high school team I ever seen.

There's a lot of talk on the SC and national boards about why Indy and Byrnes don't play. Many people think Indy is trying to protect its 92-game streak, and the Indy coach just added fuel to the fire this week when he downplayed Byrnes's scrimmage win last year by implying that Indy didn't take the scrimmage seriously (link).

I'm with you on 2005 Byrnes. I saw the much ballyhooed Hoover (AL) play Nease on TV last year, and, as strong as Hoover was, I thought Byrnes was better on both sides of the ball.

Speaking of Nease, MUS-Nease should be interesting. Nease loses All-American QB Tim Tebow from '05, so conventional wisdom would lead one to believe Nease may be down a bit. MUS doesn't get enough credit for what they've done the past two years, and while the Owls lose some key offensive linemen and defenders, they are a solid, well-schooled team, and return a steady QB. That game should be a good one.

I traveled down to the Alabama 6a champ game to see what the Hoover hype was all about. I must admit, they were alot better than what I thought and seen on TV earlier last season. They take very talented teams and dominate them like they're nothing. I can say the same thing about Southlake. My next project is to travel down to Florida and catch a Lakeland game.

I traveled down to the Alabama 6a champ game to see what the Hoover hype was all about. I must admit, they were alot better than what I thought and seen on TV earlier last season. They take very talented teams and dominate them like they're nothing. I can say the same thing about Southlake. My next project is to travel down to Florida and catch a Lakeland game.

Southlake is the REAL deal in High School Football. The head coach (Dodge I think is his name) hires the pee-wee coaches, the middle school, the freshman and the JV... and makes them run his O and D. by the time they are juniors and seniors they can run the plays in their sleep. My bosses nephew was a starting TE as a Junior but his COMMITMENT CONTRACT was too much for him his senior year. If you aren't 100% commited to play and practice year round you are not needed on this TEAM.

Until a team in TN can get that type of commitment from the players AND parents we WILL NOT have a national champ team. The coach answers to nobody it truly is his way or the highway but hey NC for the last 3 years is not to shabby if you ask me..he knows what and how to get to that level.

Would love to see the MBA team with Ingle Martin a few years back take on a Southlake team, just don't know if we have a team in the state who could give those guys a game.

Southlake is the REAL deal in High School Football. The head coach (Dodge I think is his name) hires the pee-wee coaches, the middle school, the freshman and the JV... and makes them run his O and D. by the time they are juniors and seniors they can run the plays in their sleep. My bosses nephew was a starting TE as a Junior but his COMMITMENT CONTRACT was too much for him his senior year. If you aren't 100% commited to play and practice year round you are not needed on this TEAM.

Until a team in TN can get that type of commitment from the players AND parents we WILL NOT have a national champ team. The coach answers to nobody it truly is his way or the highway but hey NC for the last 3 years is not to shabby if you ask me..he knows what and how to get to that level.

Would love to see the MBA team with Ingle Martin a few years back take on a Southlake team, just don't know if we have a team in the state who could give those guys a game.

You make a good point about TN football. Some schools are close to the commitment you are talking about (BA, Gallatin of the past) but no one has consistently done it year in year out.

The MBA team you are refering to is the '99 team. Best team our state has seen.

Wilco