10u RANKINGS

Your obviously a parent of one of the players on TP that takes things out of context, why is that classles? All I said was it looks like they arnt head and shoulders better than everyone else, LIKE EVERY ONE ON HERE WERE SAYING. People said they would have no problem winning the title, well apparently it wasnt as easy as people thought. Goodness get a life!

THIS IS A CLASSLES POST, not mine! For anyone to say we are far above anyone else is just being rediculous and big headed.

I think that 10U did not have any clear cut winners. Everybody lost at least once and with the help of the REFEREE in some cases one team got futher than they should have. I still believe the the top teams SHOULD have been..:

1. Team Pride

2.TN Ladies

3.TN Xtreme--vs Memphis Elite was a 1pt win for the Elite..with theXtreme being down 20-2 the first 3 qtrs. by far if the Xtreme whole team was there or a netural setting they would have beat Memphis Elite.

4.TN Stars

Like someone said before the numbers came into play which created more than one "what if" situation.

I think the REFEREES need to spend a little more time on the court and out of the stands for whatever reason.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the state, here are the top 7 after I have seen each team play: Pool play prevented the true rankings but fortunately everybody goes to the Nationals at this tournament.

1) Pride - too many scorers and too much defense

2) Ladies - well coached. Very good size and rebounding

2) Glory - good size and speed, need more scoring. Good win over the Ladies in pool play.

4) Elite - They are quick but need more size, very similar to Xtreme

5) Xtreme - See #4. They need a little more discipline.

6) Stars - They are well coached but need a few more athletes

7) Belles - They never gave up despite some lopsided games. I liked

this bunch and the coaching staff. :)

NOMOORE I would have to agree 100% with your assessment after seeing all of these teams play this past weekend as well.

I wish the Glory,Pride and Ladies could have been separated in pool play. What kind of scoring does the Glory need? Outside shooting, transition or inside play?

I agree pool B had the three best teams in it. I would make a slight ajustment to the rankings. I would say 1. TN Team Pride 2. Glory 3. Ladies and the rest the same but it could be that they are 2a and 2b.

After the state, here are the top 7 after I have seen each team play: Pool play prevented the true rankings but fortunately everybody goes to the Nationals at this tournament.

1) Pride - too many scorers and too much defense

2) Ladies - well coached. Very good size and rebounding

2) Glory - good size and speed, need more scoring. Good win over the Ladies in pool play.

4) Elite - They are quick but need more size, very similar to Xtreme

5) Xtreme - See #4. They need a little more discipline.

6) Stars - They are well coached but need a few more athletes

7) Belles - They never gave up despite some lopsided games. I liked

this bunch and the coaching staff. :)

I think this poll looks good, oops oh wait, no comment. :)

I wish the Glory,Pride and Ladies could have been separated in pool play. What kind of scoring does the Glory need? Outside shooting, transition or inside play?

They had to put 2 substate winners and 2 runner-ups in each pool, if you want to avoid stacked pools, you need to win you substate. Not trying to be mean, Im being serious.

I agree pool B had the three best teams in it. I would make a slight ajustment to the rankings. I would say 1. TN Team Pride 2. Glory 3. Ladies and the rest the same but it could be that they are 2a and 2b.

Just out of curiousity. what makes you and the others think the Glory is better than the Elite? They have played 2 pretty close games and split. The Glory has a nice team, but I see no clear cut better team. Just curious....

Edited by elitebball

I would pick the Glory over the Elite because they have a better overall team at this time. They give teams match-up problems where Elite is more one-dimensional. I'm sure it will always be a close game wherever they play. On a neutral court, I would choose the Glory however. Both teams will make Tennessee proud at the Nationals. Good luck to both.

Hopefully they will meet again. They both have pieces the other could use....

Just out of curiousity. what makes you and the others think the Glory is better than the Elite? They have played 2 pretty close games and split. The Glory has a nice team, but I see no clear cut better team. Just curious....

Honestly I have only seen the Elite play in spots. I have seen the the Glory 3 or 4 times. But of what I have seen I would pick the Glory because of there post play. I think its a little stronger. But I will admit that I have not seen the Elite play much, so I

could be wrong.

I would pick the Glory over the Elite because they have a better overall team at this time. They give teams match-up problems where Elite is more one-dimensional. I'm sure it will always be a close game wherever they play. On a neutral court, I would choose the Glory however. Both teams will make Tennessee proud at the Nationals. Good luck to both.

I agree wholeheartedly....Elite has the best player but glory has the better balance...Elite is going to see alot of box and one or maybe even triangle and two to force her to give the ball up and make someone else beat them. Box and one won't work on glory due to having two guards and more balance. If elite could pick up one more solid scoring threat then they would be real dangerous because teams would then have to pick their poison.

Elite is the larger aau program in memphis so this team should improve their depth over the next couple of years rapidly.

both teams are good, just different. Congrats to both.

I agree wholeheartedly....Elite has the best player but glory has the better balance...Elite is going to see alot of box and one or maybe even triangle and two to force her to give the ball up and make someone else beat them. Box and one won't work on glory due to having two guards and more balance. If elite could pick up one more solid scoring threat then they would be real dangerous because teams would then have to pick their poison.

Elite is the larger aau program in memphis so this team should improve their depth over the next couple of years rapidly.

both teams are good, just different. Congrats to both.

have the coachs put the best player on the strongest team and go from there. if the glory is the stronger of the two teams then put this players there. being larger doesn't increase depth, quantity or quality

have the coachs put the best player on the strongest team and go from there. if the glory is the stronger of the two teams then put this players there. being larger doesn't increase depth, quantity or quality

Nice idea but doesn't seem to work that way around here. Like I said, the two teams have shown they are very even, so one player here or there isn't the answer. Being a large organization does have its advantages, and size by its definition does indeed reflect quantity and depth. There is a reason organizations grow and get large. Quality is what it is, and like I said, both teams are quality teams. But if things at this age hold to form, there will be new kids that get plugged in and perhaps some movement between teams. Best of luck to both teams....

Nice idea but doesn't seem to work that way around here. Like I said, the two teams have shown they are very even, so one player here or there isn't the answer. Being a large organization does have its advantages, and size by its definition does indeed reflect quantity and depth. There is a reason organizations grow and get large. Quality is what it is, and like I said, both teams are quality teams. But if things at this age hold to form, there will be new kids that get plugged in and perhaps some movement between teams. Best of luck to both teams....

to complicated, more difficult than should be. best kept simple. the previous post said the glory was the stronger team. why doesnt it work around there, read websters, size and quantity don't make up for quality. i saw teams with 15 girls get totally blown away by a team with 8 and 9 girls