Good Day 2 Play Invitational 4/20 - 4/22!

coachrop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't get any better either, wingman10.

Here are the scores from all the games I saw today

At Harpeth:

Hunters Lane 8, Harpeth 2

Harpeth 5, Page 1

At Dickson Co.

Hunters Lane 5, Dickson Co. 2

Hunters Lane 7 Page 3

Dickson Co. 9, Page 4

Pool B Standings:

Hunters Lane 3-0

Harpeth 2-1

Dickson Co. 1-2

Page 0-3

Hunters Lane therefore is the winner of Pool B and will play in the championship game at Harpeth tomorrow at 2 PM against the Pool B winner who I don't know.

I am worn out after being on the road and at the ball parks for about 13 hrs today. I doubt I will post anything else about this tournament since we did so badly. Good luck to Hunters Lane and whoever in the championship game. I'll be mowing my grass tomorrow.

Edited by PageMan

pageman there isnt goin to be a championship game tomorrw. creek wood won the other pool. they won 4 games this weekend. hunters lane cant come down tomorrow for some reason and they have important district games monday and tuesday so they cant come down so there isnt goin to be a championship game. so creek wood and hunters lane are co-champs of the tourney

Thanks, baseballfan1. I guess I didn't get the memo on that one.

Here are some of the highlights for the games that Hunter's Lane played:

In their 8-2 win over Harpeth, Keith Holmes went the distance on the mound allowing only 3 hits with 9 K's. Holmes also hit a 2 run HR in the 3rd and also singled and scored in the 7th. DH Corey Reid went 3 of 4 for the game with a double and had 3 RBI's. Other players with doubles included Robert Lawrence, Tim Faught, and Casanova Donelson. For the game, HL had 12 hits.

In their 5-2 win over Dickson Co., I arrived from Harpeth just as their game was ending so I don't have any details.

In their 7-3 win over Page, Cody Hogan went the distance allowing 4 hit that included a 2 run HR by Page's Kyle Caldwell and Cory Herald went 3 of 4. Hunter's Lane had a big 1st inn as DH Corey Reid had a 2 RBI's on a bases loaded single and Casanova Donelson followed hit with a triple that also scored 2 runs. HL scored 3 runs in the 2nd as there were singles by Robert Lawrence and Keith Holmes. Holmes went 2 for 2 with a walk in this game and scored 2 runs.

Congratulations to Hunters Lane for being the Co-Champion. When Page first played them in the Warrior Classic their record was 1-11, since then I believe they have improved their record to 10-14. Good luck to them for the remainder of the season and post season play.

It didn't get any better either, wingman10.

Here are the scores from all the games I saw today

At Harpeth:

Hunters Lane 8, Harpeth 2

Harpeth 5, Page 1

At Dickson Co.

Hunters Lane 5, Dickson Co. 2

Hunters Lane 7 Page 3

Dickson Co. 8, Page 4

Pool B Standings:

Hunters Lane 3-0

Harpeth 2-1

Dickson Co. 1-2

Page 0-3

Hunters Lane therefore is the winner of Pool B and will play in the championship game at Harpeth tomorrow at 2 PM against the Pool B winner who I don't know.

I am worn out after being on the road and at the ball parks for about 13 hrs today. I doubt I will post anything else about this tournament since we did so badly. Good luck to Hunters Lane and whoever in the championship game. I'll be mowing my grass tomorrow.

Borrow T's mower....better yet, call him, he will come mow your grass.

Thanks to everyone that participated in the tourney. We have no sponsor, we just want to play ball. Hope several teams want to return next year. Final Standing:

POOL A:

Creek Wood 4-0

Goodpasture 2-1

Hickman Co. 1-2

Giles Co. 1-2

Northwest 0-3

POOL B:

Hunters Lane 3-0

Harpeth 2-1

Dickson Co. 1-2

Page 0-3

Sunday's championship game was cancelled. CW and Hunters Lane were declared Co-Champs. Hunter's Lane had indicated to Tourney Directors that they could not play on Sunday when the revised schedule was being made. Congrats to Coach Parrish, your team is playing well.

Good Luck to all teams as we conclude the regular season over the next 10 days. CW vs. Stewart Co. @ CW. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pageman there isnt goin to be a championship game tomorrw. creek wood won the other pool. they won 4 games this weekend. hunters lane cant come down tomorrow for some reason and they have important district games monday and tuesday so they cant come down so there isnt goin to be a championship game. so creek wood and hunters lane are co-champs of the tourney

Congrats CW on a good weekend, not to much competition except Goodpasture (who pitched for them against yall?) good luck with Stewart this week. I heard that since HL couldnt play, Harpeth was to take their place and play Creek Wood but CW decided not too.?

Edited by straightbill307

If GC went 1-2 and there only loses were to Goodpasture and Creekwood they why does it have them losing to Hickman Co.

And Good Job GC for at least competing with teams u have never played before, i didnt get to make it to the tourney but i will be in Loretto tomorow night to see u guys try and pull out the W

Congrats CW on a good weekend, not to much competition except Goodpasture (who pitched for them against yall?) good luck with Stewart this week. I heard that since HL couldnt play, Harpeth was to take their place and play Creek Wood but CW decided not too.?

Good baseball played this weekend in the Good Day to Play Tourney. Hunters Lane and CWood were declared Co-Champions because HL was not returning on Sunday. Understandable. Now about the situation with Harpeth. Yes, Harpeth did want to go ahead and play, but what most people do not understand, since it was not going to be a true championship contest for the tourney, it is illegal to "pick-up" an extra contest and play just to be playing in the middle of the season. It is like football playing a scrimmage in the middle of the season. Unscheduled contest. Against T$$AA rules. I'm sure the Harpeth contingent understand that. Congrats to Harpeth on a successful weekend of baseball. Sorry the competition was so week on the CWood side as you say straightbill. Hickman County, NorthWest, Giles County, and Goodpasture are all quality opponents as were the teams that Harpeth faced over the weekend. Bottom line is this: CWood is good and Harpeth is good. Leave it at that and quit taking jabs at the kids and their teams. :thumb:

Edited by shut up and play

Good baseball played this weekend in the Good Day to Play Tourney. Hunters Lane and CWood were declared Co-Champions because HL was not returning on Sunday. Understandable. Now about the situation with Harpeth. Yes, Harpeth did want to go ahead and play, but what most people do not understand, since it was not going to be a true championship contest for the tourney, it is illegal to "pick-up" an extra contest and play just to be playing in the middle of the season. It is like football playing a scrimmage in the middle of the season. Unscheduled contest. Against T$$AA rules. I'm sure the Harpeth contingent understand that. Congrats to Harpeth on a successful weekend of baseball. Sorry the competition was so week on the CWood side as you say straightbill. Hickman County, NorthWest, Giles County, and Goodpasture are all quality opponents as were the teams that Harpeth faced over the weekend. Bottom line is this: CWood is good and Harpeth is good. Leave it at that and quit taking jabs at the kids and their teams. :thumb:

OK, Mr.Shut up and Play, lets see where in the post did I take a jab at Creek Woods players or the team, exactly nowhere. And I have never said anything negative to any player or team on this web site, so leave it at that. And im pretty sure they could have played(CW and Harpeth), its not like the TSSAA police were going to come to the game and arrest the players and coaches. And your Bottom line is correct both teams are good.

Down playing the players' accomplishments this weekend and chalking it up to not much competition is not exactly being congratulatory is it. Those are quality programs. The TSSAA police might not have been there or they might have. Some chances are worth taking but not when it comes to possibly having to stay home during May because of an illegal game that didn't mean anything besides an extra gate. Two district games for us Monday and Tuesday and two non-district match-ups on Thursday and Friday(Dickson Co. and Rossview). We just played six games last week. Pitching as well as everyone else needs some rest. It was a beautiful day to just chill and rest up for another great week of baseball.

Edited by shut up and play