Madison

ozzie_johnson

so ozzie.... Mr. UNC(wink wink).... if you are such a big shot baller who played for unc and are now at law school at vandy(once again wink wink) WHY ARE YOU ON COACH T WHINING ABOUT TWO WEST TENNESSEE TEAMS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN PLAY????? bottom line, shut up and grow up.

Edited by lilbit_trojan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No explanation is necessary madisonLB. Keep winning. If you're good, it will show. Assuming he really is a Vandy Law student, ozzie is just cranky because his 1L (first year) exams are upon him and may consume his being. Once they're over he'll turn back into the gentleman he probably once was when he graduated from KCHS (unless, of course, he's an Irish imposter since I know the '98 team pretty well and I don't remember anyone going on to play for UNC nor does the UNC team roster for those years have anyone from Knoxville named). He wouldn't make that stuff up, would he?

yeah, I dont know, its not like its easy to make up stuff on here or anything.

sorry madisonlb, i wasnt aware of your financial conflicts probably cause i didnt grow up in Tennessee, i grew up in South carolinawhere soccer comes before every other sport including football which here is the total opposite,so now im living in Murfreesboro and have been following teams over the past few years, so sorry to hear that your school system doesnt provide the transportation to your matches cause it sounds like you are a strong team which means you love the game which matters the most

sorry madisonlb, i wasnt aware of your financial conflicts probably cause i didnt grow up in Tennessee, i grew up in South carolinawhere soccer comes before every other sport including football which here is the total opposite,so now im living in Murfreesboro and have been following teams over the past few years, so sorry to hear that your school system doesnt provide the transportation to your matches cause it sounds like you are a strong team which means you love the game which matters the most

Hold on Hoss! Where in SC did you grow up? and if you did play for the gamecocks how could you possibly say soccer comes first in South Carolina? I grew up in Clemson and went to Daniel High school and CLemson University and football will always be first there and in Columbia and anywhere in the rest of the whole state. I watched I.M. Ibrahim, a chemistry professor at Clemson, create a soccer dynasty at Clemson when he won the NCAA championship in 1984 and '87 (unheard of against soccer greats like Duke and North Carolina). And it wasn't until the early 90's that youth soccer became big in Clemson and that was thanks to the new coach Trevoir Adair getting involved in the community; so, granted in the past ten years it has had tremendous growth but I'd really like to know where you could have come from in that state that left you believing soccer was ever first or will ever be first.

Edited by JOE23

joe23 i played for dutch fork high school for 4 years and in around the columbia soccer is extremely huge within youth, players start playing when they are in their early ages as early as three and four year olds, i had to choose between Irmo high school and dutch fork, both who have Been nationally ranked many times, but i lived right down the road, from dutch fork so i attended school there, and if soccers not so big then how does a team like northwestern take down a Tennessee powerhouse like farragut 10-1, save the being tired and playin on the larger field , im not throwin blows at farragut, just sayin soccer is huge in SC, Maybe not in the Clemson Area but Gamecocks fans take huge pride in the soccer program at USC Clemson is a great school but i was referring to at the high school level and where i grew up, Now im in Tennessee working, and watchin and listening to soccer news in TN so...Im new to this website,im not liking the welcoming im getting, believe me or not, but i take pride in being a Gamecock

Edited by MiddleTNSoccer

I just cant believe that Haywood is that good after only beating covington and trenton 3-2, so I just figure Madison is overrated. I dont think they win this district this year and I think they will lose to sheffield in the region semis. Sorry fellas, yall just are getting too many injuries and the chemistry just wont be there come tournament time.

joe23 i played for dutch fork high school for 4 years and in around the columbia soccer is extremely huge within youth, players start playing when they are in their early ages as early as three and four year olds, i had to choose between Irmo high school and dutch fork, both who have Been nationally ranked many times, but i lived right down the road, from dutch fork so i attended school there, and if soccers not so big then how does a team like northwestern take down a Tennessee powerhouse like farragut 10-1, save the being tired and playin on the larger field , im not throwin blows at farragut, just sayin soccer is huge in SC, Maybe not in the Clemson Area but Gamecocks fans take huge pride in the soccer program at USC Clemson is a great school but i was referring to at the high school level and where i grew up, Now im in Tennessee working, and watchin and listening to soccer news in TN so...Im new to this website,im not liking the welcoming im getting, believe me or not, but i take pride in being a Gamecock

You're right -I was not very welcoming-so I apologize. I was just very surprised that anyone would say soccer is first in SC. I'll just concede that it may NOW be a very close second. You are probably younger than me so maybe you are as aware of how far it HAS come in SC over the last 20 years. The cocks have a great program to most definately be proud of. I just remember 10 years ago when travel soccer teams in the upstate (Daniel and TL Hanna guys) had to travel long ways to get games. And there wasn't even a decent Y league in CLemson then. I was in a more rural area (despite a large university) and you were in a larger Metro area-I know Irmo H.S. is like a small college compared to Daniel H.S. Like you I am awed by the powerhouse teams in SC and very proud of them. Rock Hill has become a bedroom community of Charlotte so I guess that is why Northwestern Has such a formidable team. Sorry again for sounding so terse obviously alot can happen in 10 years. It's great to have another state's perspective on the boards. PS-I do agree about the size of the fields thing.

No apologies necessary, yes i am 25 years old, and when i was playin in high school soccer was big cause are football teams werent all so special, i do kno of a team in south carolina that was like ranked 2nd in the country or somewhere in football it started with a K but im drawing a blank so i guess in some areas football over rules but in my school it was soccer that took most of the trophies, Everybody knows TL hanna from their movie Radio , and i do belive they had a pretty big football program, and i have heard they are startin to play competive in soccer, im also glad to have somebody who knows so much about SC soccer programs even though this is a TN website its nice to compare and Contrast teams

I just cant believe that Haywood is that good after only beating covington and trenton 3-2, so I just figure Madison is overrated. I dont think they win this district this year and I think they will lose to sheffield in the region semis. Sorry fellas, yall just are getting too many injuries and the chemistry just wont be there come tournament time.

will all of you shut up about us being overrated......we messed up in one game..... its not like you can play a perfect game, every game.... every team has its down time, we're just in a slump....its gettin old.... you try playing games with hurt players who just started playin again and see how well you do.... just give us some freakin time and we'll be fine

will all of you shut up about us being overrated......we messed up in one game..... its not like you can play a perfect game, every game.... every team has its down time, we're just in a slump....its gettin old.... you try playing games with hurt players who just started playin again and see how well you do.... just give us some freakin time and we'll be fine

bad karma

When Haywood played Trenton, all of their best players were not there. They had some kind of school activity going on that day. Coach himself told me that.

Covington game I don't know. I know covington has a lot of football players on the team and it was a rough game.

Also, Haywood is good on their short field, and I do mean short field. If Madison and Haywood gets a chance to play each other again, it will be on Madison's home field in the Region championship. It is a large,large field compared to a small field. Makes a difference when passing the ball. The chemistry will be there by May 15. Like I posted before, there will not be a district tournament. Sheffield has nobody to play. There will be a region tournament only. Games should not be on fields that are too small. Also, Madison was missing there 3 year starter at Keeper because of a car accident. He is fine.

When Haywood played Trenton, all of their best players were not there. They had some kind of school activity going on that day. Coach himself told me that.

Covington game I don't know. I know covington has a lot of football players on the team and it was a rough game.

Also, Haywood is good on their short field, and I do mean short field. If Madison and Haywood gets a chance to play each other again, it will be on Madison's home field in the Region championship. It is a large,large field compared to a small field. Makes a difference when passing the ball. The chemistry will be there by May 15. Like I posted before, there will not be a district tournament. Sheffield has nobody to play. There will be a region tournament only. Games should not be on fields that are too small. Also, Madison was missing there 3 year starter at Keeper because of a car accident. He is fine.

Haywood will also be missing 3 of their top players in the Tomcat Cup because of another school function at Disney World.