who waz the best freshman metro highschool team

dre41391

OK 26, I don't know who you play week 3, but it won't be my team. I aint had a team in many years and my only staff are grandkids. When I was coaching, the men coaching had integrity. And paid their dues in the system before moving up.

And at 50+, I aint too tired, just refuse to be part of what metro has now become.

You can have it. I still know what's going on in metro, and I know your history. You are pretty good at staying alive somehow. Your Hillsboro scenario, your grappling at Springfield, ... but you want to criticize others.

I dont know how to call you, wouldnt if I did. Call me if you figure how, but its long distance. B)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK 26, I don't know who you play week 3, but it won't be my team. I aint had a team in many years and my only staff are grandkids. When I was coaching, the men coaching had integrity. And paid their dues in the system before moving up.

And at 50+, I aint too tired, just refuse to be part of what metro has now become.

You can have it. I still know what's going on in metro, and I know your history. You are pretty good at staying alive somehow. Your Hillsboro scenario, your grappling at Springfield, ... but you want to criticize others.

I dont know how to call you, wouldnt if I did. Call me if you figure how, but its long distance. B)

Did you used to coach at a Nashville/Metro School?????? I am really trying to figure out who you are. It's obvious that Coach Thompson believes that you are Richard Campbell, WOW!, but that's obviously not the case. If he isn't RC than TooSicks you might be sick because you just inserted your foot into your mouth clowning on the guy.

To TooSicks,

I can't believe that you are actually a head football coach and you get on here letting it be known that you are going to be good. THAT TAKES BRASS ONES MY FRIEND!!!!!! I do believe Maplewood is going to win Region 5-4A and make a deep run in the playoffs (all the way to the BC Bowl as a matter of fact) but still adding fuel to the fire in the preseason certainly doesn't do you favors in any way, shape, or form.

Those 5 games against Pearl-Cohn, Tullahoma, Whites Creek, McGavock, and Hillsboro are going to be tough for your Panthers :)

Did you used to coach at a Nashville/Metro School?????? I am really trying to figure out who you are. It's obvious that Coach Thompson believes that you are Richard Campbell, WOW!, but that's obviously not the case. If he isn't RC than TooSicks you might be sick because you just inserted your foot into your mouth clowning on the guy.

To TooSicks,

I can't believe that you are actually a head football coach and you get on here letting it be known that you are going to be good. THAT TAKES BRASS ONES MY FRIEND!!!!!! I do believe Maplewood is going to win Region 5-4A and make a deep run in the playoffs (all the way to the BC Bowl as a matter of fact) but still adding fuel to the fire in the preseason certainly doesn't do you favors in any way, shape, or form.

Those 5 games against Pearl-Cohn, Tullahoma, Whites Creek, McGavock, and Hillsboro are going to be tough for your Panthers :blink:

Points well taken Big Country and Whatchacallit. I flew off the handle thinking I was being attacked by someone I thought was a good person. True enough, I made a statement about Casey Smith because of past dealings with him and I shouldn't have brought them to the message board. Big Contry, I wasn't braggigng that we are going to be great, I was saying that we would be looking forward to week 3.

Whatchacallit, what has metro become?

Points well taken Big Country and Whatchacallit. I flew off the handle thinking I was being attacked by someone I thought was a good person. True enough, I made a statement about Casey Smith because of past dealings with him and I shouldn't have brought them to the message board. Big Contry, I wasn't braggigng that we are going to be great, I was saying that we would be looking forward to week 3.

I guess I'm just cynical and old, 26. I just view the Garcia era with much contempt. With all the magnets and transfers and such, I just dont like it. Im too old school. I liked knowing where kids were going to school. Now it seems HS coahes either recruit or lose. 26 - if all your staff is recruiting is your own, then more power to you. I was defending a young coach Ive heard is good and attacked you for attacking him.

Big Country, yea I coached in metro for 30+ years, mostly at a blue school.

I guess I'm just cynical and old, 26. I just view the Garcia era with much contempt. With all the magnets and transfers and such, I just dont like it. Im too old school. I liked knowing where kids were going to school. Now it seems HS coahes either recruit or lose. 26 - if all your staff is recruiting is your own, then more power to you. I was defending a young coach Ive heard is good and attacked you for attacking him.

Big Country, yea I coached in metro for 30+ years, mostly at a blue school.

Gotcha :blink:

I know that a Coach from Maplewood turned me in for recruiting Deaunte Mason (QB Pearl Cohn) . Mason was not recruited by me but played for me and coach Smith in the 7th and 8th grade at Gra-Mar. I have seen Mason do well for Pearl Cohn but I did not hear of Maplewood turning in Pearl. Ralph , why do you continually disrespect Gra-Mar and the success the 3 coaches have had there? Komisar, Smith, and Cannon?

I know for a fact that you recruited Montez Buggs from Hillwood during summer school and it worked for you. Believe it or not , I did not turn you in to the board because i honestly care about the seniors and juniors on your team because I already won a championship with them 4 years ago. I guess coaching matters at every other level of football with the exception of Middle School.

12 NCS, Ralph has the upmost respect for what you and Smith did at Gra-Mar, if he didn't he wouldnt be trying to clown this guy on a message board because he is not on his coaching staff. Smith gave those kids a winning attitude and showed them how to win and it is showing all over the city not only at Maplewood. Ralph get a grip and find something to talk about.

I know that a Coach from Maplewood turned me in for recruiting Deaunte Mason (QB Pearl Cohn) . Mason was not recruited by me but played for me and coach Smith in the 7th and 8th grade at Gra-Mar. I have seen Mason do well for Pearl Cohn but I did not hear of Maplewood turning in Pearl. Ralph , why do you continually disrespect Gra-Mar and the success the 3 coaches have had there? Komisar, Smith, and Cannon?

I know for a fact that you recruited Montez Buggs from Hillwood during summer school and it worked for you. Believe it or not , I did not turn you in to the board because i honestly care about the seniors and juniors on your team because I already won a championship with them 4 years ago. I guess coaching matters at every other level of football with the exception of Middle School.

I have a lot of respect for the Gra Mar coaches. They do an excellent job and it shows in their record. I know I saw them personally last year and they gave us all we wanted. It was early on but I could already tell that the coaches knew what they were doing and the kids already had that competitive drive in them. Middle school coaches can greatly help their feeder high school. I try my best to run the same schemes as the high school, only a watered down version. This helps the high school because the kids coming from me already have a basic knowledge of whats going on. Gra Mar coaches---keep up the good work! Maybe we will see you again this year.

I'd be more upset at not having Golden Tate at maplewood than D. Mason. D. Mason was headed to maplewood, but the coaching staff at maplewood told mason he wouldn't get a shot at qb right away so he went to pearl where he started immediately at qb as a FR. Its funny Coach Fitzgerald calls mason Gra-Mar. I don't know about the recruiting allegations........

I guess maplewood is mad at PJPII as well. G. Tate went to GraMar before transferring to a parochial middle school.

I'd be more upset at not having Golden Tate at maplewood than D. Mason. D. Mason was headed to maplewood, but the coaching staff at maplewood told mason he wouldn't get a shot at qb right away so he went to pearl where he started immediately at qb as a FR. Its funny Coach Fitzgerald calls mason Gra-Mar. I don't know about the recruiting allegations........

I guess maplewood is mad at PJPII as well. G. Tate went to GraMar before transferring to a parochial middle school.

With Terrence Holt in the backfield and IF DeAunte Mason was the quarterback at Maplewood they would be the favorite to win it all in 4A. They would have beaten Whites Creek and Hillsboro with Mason at quarterback.

Edited by Big Country