who waz the best freshman metro highschool team

dre41391

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more upset at not having Golden Tate at maplewood than D. Mason. D. Mason was headed to maplewood, but the coaching staff at maplewood told mason he wouldn't get a shot at qb right away so he went to pearl where he started immediately at qb as a FR. Its funny Coach Fitzgerald calls mason Gra-Mar. I don't know about the recruiting allegations........

I guess maplewood is mad at PJPII as well. G. Tate went to GraMar before transferring to a parochial middle school.

Keep in mind, Pearl-Cohn is a magnet school. So the "recruiting" aspect is questionable. Not saying it doesnt happen ex.-96&97 teams in basketball and football had out of zone players in the magnet school, biggest name John Henderson.

Keep in mind, Pearl-Cohn is a magnet school. So the "recruiting" aspect is questionable. Not saying it doesnt happen ex.-96&97 teams in basketball and football had out of zone players in the magnet school, biggest name John Henderson.

Speaking of Pearl can anyone tell me what the heck is going on over there???? I read a thread that GreenHornet started last week that said Brunetti may be on the way out after spring practice. Was that just a rumor or is it true???? I hope he stays there and enjoys success (despite the fact that he'll ALWAYS be coaching in the shadow of a legend in Maurice Fitzgerald). The people need to give the man a chance :rolleyes:

Speaking of Pearl can anyone tell me what the heck is going on over there???? I read a thread that GreenHornet started last week that said Brunetti may be on the way out after spring practice. Was that just a rumor or is it true???? I hope he stays there and enjoys success (despite the fact that he'll ALWAYS be coaching in the shadow of a legend in Maurice Fitzgerald). The people need to give the man a chance :lol:

I think that Brunetti just needs to purchase a 17 passenger van, and secure a replacement for coca cola and everything will be OK> :thumb:

Winning is easier with players out of zone. That is why colleges recruit. Great players make good coaches. Most coaches could win without doing this, but to win all the time this has become the standard. Sad.

Please explain what is actually sad about winning.

Every school probably has some players out of zone.

Good players gravitate to good programs.

I am referring to students recruited illegally from another zone,by a coach not from their zoned school. Nothing wrong with winning if done with ethical behavior. If a kid wants to go to a school that is his and his parents choice, but to be recruited by a coach from another school is wrong and I hope you agree. Winning is great if done with your own players. Also , I agree that players will want to be in a school if it a good program, nothing wrong with that, if transfer policies are followed.

Edited by fb247

• 1 year later...
i think it was us hunters lane maplewood jus slipped up and beat us by one point i was mad as heck. the only thing that beat us was that darn running back marcus cantrell he's good but not that good i takled him a couple of times he just wouldnt seem to go down but we had a great season wat do u guys think.

Cum on now Leandre... Ya'll were good bu Maplewood was def the best... And Markus is not that good??? Please he rushed 4 1,800 yds+ that season.Ya'll aint the only ones he clowned on so don't feel bad.I counted the yards and I'm sure that he rushed 4 1800+ yds in only 8 games..thats 225 yds per game... Kum on now who's consistent like that???? MARKUS CANTRELL