scjhool has no lacrosse team.. what to do?

jesseQB#12

There have been alot of big programs that have combined guys from alot of different schools into one program. Im sure if you could just find someone to coach and get enough guyd together you could at least have a development year next year and possibly even a DII team sometime in the future... Where is Jefferson?

in dandridge. about 15 minutes from morristown.

West Knoxville and Farragut both have teams that I think can take students from any school in the area. It might be a bit of a commute but that might be your only option thus far. If you find enough guys, either at your school or in the are you could start your own club team.

west knox is the community program in knoxville. farragut and webb are strictly school teams. west knox takes kids from several schools including oak ridge (anderson co.) and maryville (blount co.). jeff county is quite a hike to play, but the sport is worth it. try organizing an interest meeting at your school. if you can get 15-20 interested, then you can start to look for a coach. contact the west knox people and i'm sure they will help you get the infrastructure set to start your own team.

• 1 month later...

Nice words of encouragment. I expect a little more out of you that this type of response.

If you can find 15-20 guys willing to play, find a sponsor in your area. You must have school board approval for any sport. If you have sponsor in place and the school will not have to incur any cost, it should pass. It would also help to have a member of the school board really interested.