Trying to teach my son "submarine" style pitching

ccriders25

Out of respect for my sons injury and the elimination of my early retirement... please let's get off the amphibious ambidextrous pitchers that utilize swimming as an exercise tool. I was going to buy an in ground pool with my sons signing bonus had he not got hurt.

I would appreciate it :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of respect for my sons injury and the elimination of my early retirement... please let's get off the amphibious ambidextrous pitchers that utilize swimming as an exercise tool. I was going to buy an in ground pool with my sons signing bonus had he not got hurt.

I would appreciate it :)

My condolences Slyder.....with that, I think this thread should be closed so that Slyder can mourn in peace.

Old timer, you sir are indeed a gentlemen. My intentions were not to closed the thread. Honesly I was lookig for a way to make money off of a kid...uh rather help get them to the big leagues. I am just tender hearted.

Wanted: 6 year that loves baseball and wants to pitch. A lefty is a plus :) , have a rubber arm, can deliver papers at 4:00am and wash clothes. Doesn't mind cutting yards ar throwing breaking pitches. Contract sharing any/all future baseball monies a must.

Signed a loving and caring baseball fanatic,

Slyder, SPBE (self proclaimed baseball expert)

Edited by Slyder

gentlemen, thanks for all the advice... but it looks like i'm not going to be able to post for a while. apparently some of my neighbors made some phone calls. over the last couple days, my son and i have tried nearly every training method mentioned on this thread. (day 1) we started with the belt sander on his hands for toughness, followed that with tying a 20 pound dumbell to his arm and long tossing. (day2) i submersed his entire body in a sand pit and practice his mechanics, followed by rolling a wrecking ball up and down our driveway. (day3) began with a private tetherball game against bill romanowski, followed by a visit to a gaylord perry camp. (day 4) began with me holding my son by his ankles practicing the "inverted" submarine style in our neighbors pond.... then the authorities arrived.. you will all be called for questioning :(

Sounds like a lame attempt to rob us of our share of the kid's future signing bonus, to me. Authorities, indeed! WE'RE the authorities on this issue, dag nab it!

And, who's a gentleman? I'm more an Ernest T. Bass type, actually.

Edited by LCborn

gentlemen, thanks for all the advice... but it looks like i'm not going to be able to post for a while. apparently some of my neighbors made some phone calls. over the last couple days, my son and i have tried nearly every training method mentioned on this thread. (day 1) we started with the belt sander on his hands for toughness, followed that with tying a 20 pound dumbell to his arm and long tossing. (day2) i submersed his entire body in a sand pit and practice his mechanics, followed by rolling a wrecking ball up and down our driveway. (day3) began with a private tetherball game against bill romanowski, followed by a visit to a gaylord perry camp. (day 4) began with me holding my son by his ankles practicing the "inverted" submarine style in our neighbors pond.... then the authorities arrived.. you will all be called for questioning :(

COACH T NOTICE: Old Timer is not a viable screen name on this site any longer. Any attempt to access this site as such shall be reported to the proper authorities.

cc: Myself, old timer, E5, and several others that have offered up our expert advise will be character witnesses for you in the event this gets nasty. The high level of integrity this group has will surely keep you in the 15-20 year range.

If that is the case... you want me to work with your son and maybe work out some arrangement on any signing bonus while your in the joint? If you get sent to the state pen, say hi to some of my relatives. :(

gentlemen, thanks for all the advice... but it looks like i'm not going to be able to post for a while. apparently some of my neighbors made some phone calls. over the last couple days, my son and i have tried nearly every training method mentioned on this thread. (day 1) we started with the belt sander on his hands for toughness, followed that with tying a 20 pound dumbell to his arm and long tossing. (day2) i submersed his entire body in a sand pit and practice his mechanics, followed by rolling a wrecking ball up and down our driveway. (day3) began with a private tetherball game against bill romanowski, followed by a visit to a gaylord perry camp. (day 4) began with me holding my son by his ankles practicing the "inverted" submarine style in our neighbors pond.... then the authorities arrived.. you will all be called for questioning :thumb:

CC, you may end up guarding the gold mine. Since you will now be spending alot of quality time with persons of a similiar fate, I bet none of them have ever seen, much less know how to execute, the punch bunt in kickball. You could make millions teaching this while residing in some of the state's finest facilities. Heck, I bet the state even provides all of the equipment you need. One word of advice though, it might be best to ask for cash up front, since you don't want to get paid on the flip side :lol:

Edited by Old Timer

you don't want to get paid on the flip side

I think at Brushy Mount "the flip side" probably doesn't refer to the inverted drill. Or maybe it does. Without the pitching.

Hang in there, CC, you'll be out in time to pass your wisdom on to the great-grandkids.

Edited by LCborn

There you go cc, you have another character witness in lcborn. The support system you have is incredible. I am looking after your childs future and lc is watching out for you health at Brushy Mountain.

If you get sentenced, start a penial league kickball team and E5 can do charitable coaching seminars as a write off! You could be the Brushy Mountain State Ambidextrous Bushwackers, pivoted by CCriders. You choose the colors.

A sign of a man's character is how he face adversity... you will "end up" on top! :thumb: