Kris White is Staying at Riverdale

Pepper2005

Could the fact that Britton applied for the Riverdale job have changed the equation somewhat?

Coach Britton laughed when I asked him about this and said, "yeah right."

Franklin Co. will enjoy having him around for quite some time. I hope he doesn't pick any more "friends" like White though. When you give a man your word, that's supposed to mean something. And we wonder why our society is going down the drain. This is acceptable???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Britton laughed when I asked him about this and said, "yeah right."

Franklin Co. will enjoy having him around for quite some time. I hope he doesn't pick any more "friends" like White though. When you give a man your word, that's supposed to mean something. And we wonder why our society is going down the drain. This is acceptable???

a man's word should b his bond. he is sorry 2 backlog.

bet those players hate him 4 that @ fc.

wife hadnt ought 2 apply 4 a job when she knows he gave his word.

I got to know Kris when we had classes together. We are both coaches and he is a class act guy. Decisions can be tough and when certain events hit you right in the face they can be tougher. You know high school coaching isn’t everything. Coaches have families and for most of us they come before any x and o. Support and commend a guy who made a decision, but decided it wasn’t the best for him and his family. You can look at it from every angle, but so what!!! He committed there, came back, etc… So what!!! You want to talk about professionalism and the coaching business!!! Hello, this isn’t college and pros!!! You want to talk about what this teaches the kids!!! I tell you what it teaches!!! It teaches them that decisions are tough at every age level. It teaches them that we are human, and sometimes we have to say I am sorry. Sometimes we make wrong choices and sometimes we make good ones. However, in the end we have to put ourselves to the side and make the decision for the greatest good. We get paid very little money to mold young men into well disciplined citizens, and we do it because we love it. What really chaps me is that some people bring in a man’s wife when cutting him down. That is an outright disgrace. This or that event doesn’t matter and I don’t think anyone on this board would like their wife to be discussed.

Good luck and God Bless Coach White.

I got to know Kris when we had classes together. We are both coaches and he is a class act guy. Decisions can be tough and when certain events hit you right in the face they can be tougher. You know high school coaching isn’t everything. Coaches have families and for most of us they come before any x and o. Support and commend a guy who made a decision, but decided it wasn’t the best for him and his family. You can look at it from every angle, but so what!!! He committed there, came back, etc… So what!!! You want to talk about professionalism and the coaching business!!! Hello, this isn’t college and pros!!! You want to talk about what this teaches the kids!!! I tell you what it teaches!!! It teaches them that decisions are tough at every age level. It teaches them that we are human, and sometimes we have to say I am sorry. Sometimes we make wrong choices and sometimes we make good ones. However, in the end we have to put ourselves to the side and make the decision for the greatest good. We get paid very little money to mold young men into well disciplined citizens, and we do it because we love it. What really chaps me is that some people bring in a man’s wife when cutting him down. That is an outright disgrace. This or that event doesn’t matter and I don’t think anyone on this board would like their wife to be discussed.

:lol: good post i agree

yea like i said earlier i also respect the decision coach white he made for his family. originally he decided to take the job at FC for his family because he lives somewhere in that area, but a better oppurtunity came along for his family so he took it and i think he will be more happy with it. i dont think he was ever looking to leave riverdale (he is a riverdale alumni) anyways, so im glad he has the chance to stay

I dont think anyone was putting his wife down or saying anyhting derrogatory about her i think the comment was the reason he is staying is because we "think" she might have gotten an assistant job with the girls basketball team no one was putting his wife down but i agree with a lot of the other points you made

If you were referring to me, I was in NO way putting his wife down. I had simply heard his wife had gotten an asst bball job at RHS . He decided to not only remain in the Boro himself, but to also move here. My apologies if anyone thought I was putting down his wife by mentioning that.

Edited by 2priceless

Great Post.

Ole Dad

You are correct, it teaches LOTS of things............it teaches a man that spent 13 seasons at RHS as the o-line coach, that those that enjoyed his dedication and hard work are now turning their back on him. It teaches that the almighty dollar trumps a promise. It teaches that the former-supporters of Steve Britton are just band-wagon riders. It speaks volumes for the integrity of Coach White. It's not college coaching or professional coaching, BUT it is a profession. There must be loyalty within your profession or you'll never be successful. It also teaches that the "greatest good" sometimes isn't about ourselves, but about the decisons we make. White made a selfish one, not only due to the wife and the job situation, but it seems to me, out of fear of failure. What if FC doesn't win as much as R'dale? How could he take the strain? GROW UP!

I wish Coach Britton all the luck in the world. I hope R'dale get what they deserve. It normally works out that way in the end. I'm thru on this post.