Hillsboro High School

FootballDoc

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COACH WILLIAMS @ LAVERGNE WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE FOR THE HEAD COACHING JOB. HE KNOWS THE WING T & WAS THE OC A FEW YEARS BACK.

Don't think Hillsboro wants to go with a coach with no HC experience. They should have a good team and a Championship Run is possible with the right person calling the shots. If you are going to go with someone without HC experience and you are looking at LaVergne what about Will Hester? He has been named for numerous jobs and he is the one who put in the spread offense at LHS last year. Also, Will was DC at Siegel so he knows both sides of the ball.

Much of Hillboro's success was due to a great defense. That coach is still on staff and would like the job. Just being a Head coach is not saying he is the best coach on the staff. If someone is a true co-ordinator then they are capable of being a Head coach. Metro currently has a few schools where this is true.

Mose is a great guy and I like him alot. He is not ready yet, but I think one day he could.

I've got a ? When is someone ready. Was Arcentae "ready" when he took over at McG. What does it take to be "ready" to run a program. There are a lot of guys that are "ready," yet they don't want it, so who is next in line then, the "not ready" guys. No offense RTB.

What I am referring to is that no one is probably ready to fully understand or know all that is involved with being a head coach. This often comes with time and being around as many good coaches as you can and learning as studying as much as you can. I've seen alot of young guys get in over their heads and get out or get fired and this probably would not happen to someone with a lot of time and experience. I don't want this to possibly happen to Mose. I care for him to much. As for the coach you mentioned , no he was not ready and neither was some others that are coaching. Sometimes players make good coaches out of us all. And by the way , I'm not offended by your comments and mean no harm to anyone with my opinions.

Sounds like the winning days may be coming to an end at the BORO. Sorry to see this happen. I hear the principal hasn't even hired a basketball coach & it's been nearly a year. Maybe he wont wait so long to fill the football position.

I think the former Basketball HC at Ravenwood is going to Hillsboro....he got run off last week.....his name is Rodney Thweet.......calls himself Coach T....he's the worst coach at any level I've ever been around. Sorry BORO...we tried to send him back up north.....please don't blame us....

Must have had a problem with your son, huh?

Ole Dad

I think the former Basketball HC at Ravenwood is going to Hillsboro....he got run off last week.....his name is Rodney Thweet.......calls himself Coach T....he's the worst coach at any level I've ever been around. Sorry BORO...we tried to send him back up north.....please don't blame us....

The situation at Hillsboro is imploding big time. It is the chance for the principal to regain control and the word is that he is all but doing so by wiping the slate clean. Don't look for anyone with past Burro ties to get the job. I look for Hillsboro to be down for a few years. Whomever gets the job better get their arms in shape because they will have stings attached to their arms and will be a puppet for the administration for many years to come.

When you win as much as Ron did, nobody really questions anything. Now that he is gone everything changes. Hillsboro should always be good - in all sports. With their zoning options they have a true advantage. There are good guys on that staff who can keep things together but from what I hear they are not being treated like they are wanted. It's a shame really.

Edited by skippass

Must have had a problem with your son, huh?

Ole Dad

Actually OD...a problem with the entire junior class....and yes he had a problem with my little one. His thought was to build a round ball program with no footballers.....there was 11 juniors on the team last year...now there's one. ...and he's the only one that doesn't play football. I don't think you can build a HS basketball team these days without using footballers....anymore than you could at Riverdale or Oak Ridge or..?

He was young and this was his first HS coaching job...he was hired because of a relative in county system. He came from a middle school in VA...I think Richmond.

His main issue...doen't listen..to anyone! Pretty common story..he got the boosters, parents, players, and staff against him....and then you're looking for a job! I wish I could say he'll learn from this...but I doubt it...!

Then how did he get his new job? Must have a big family.

Ole Dad

Actually OD...a problem with the entire junior class....and yes he had a problem with my little one. His thought was to build a round ball program with no footballers.....there was 11 juniors on the team last year...now there's one. ...and he's the only one that doesn't play football. I don't think you can build a HS basketball team these days without using footballers....anymore than you could at Riverdale or Oak Ridge or..?

He was young and this was his first HS coaching job...he was hired because of a relative in county system. He came from a middle school in VA...I think Richmond.

His main issue...doen't listen..to anyone! Pretty common story..he got the boosters, parents, players, and staff against him....and then you're looking for a job! I wish I could say he'll learn from this...but I doubt it...!