TSSAA Issues Sanctions on Tullahoma

Whitey

its not richie chadwicks fault he's the guidance councilor at east middle

so its up to the administration at tullahoma high to keep up with it but they just overlooked it luckily they did double check his eligibility status and found the error and self reported it to the tssaa

forfeiting all our district wins is a fair punishment i don't think their should a fine because its self reported

You are much nicer, I think that's unfair. Going to two classes vs three classes didn't affect the outcome of any game. It's not like he or the school was trying to lie or tried to hide the fact that he wasn't eligible. It's the school who circumvent the rules or tried to hide the rule breaking that need to be punished, not schools with a silght oversite. I am not sure what they should have done, but making a team forfeight games was not the anwser. I am just glad it didn't completely afftect the teams season, like it did Riverdale.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are much nicer, I think that's unfair. Going to two classes vs three classes didn't affect the outcome of any game. It's not like he or the school was trying to lie or tried to hide the fact that he wasn't eligible. It's the school who circumvent the rules or tried to hide the rule breaking that need to be punished, not schools with a silght oversite. I am not sure what they should have done, but making a team forfeight games was not the anwser. I am just glad it didn't completely afftect the teams season, like it did Riverdale.

RULES ARE RULES, who cares if its incidental or not, breaking rules is unacceptable...this rule may be one that you high school students/fans dont understand but it is there for a reason...no matter how weird a rule is the only thing that matters is its a rule....there must be regulation to keep things fair..it stinks for tullahoma players but teams must be more careful and rules should be known to all players as well as coaches.....in case you dont know you can find them at TSSAA.ORG

If teams arent careful and dont look into things i think they deserve the maximum penalty so they and others willl learn to be careful and FOLLOW RULES SPECIFICALLY SET OUT BY OUR HOME BOYS AT TSSAA!!!

RULES ARE RULES, who cares if its incidental or not, breaking rules is unacceptable...this rule may be one that you high school students/fans dont understand but it is there for a reason...no matter how weird a rule is the only thing that matters is its a rule....there must be regulation to keep things fair..it stinks for tullahoma players but teams must be more careful and rules should be known to all players as well as coaches.....in case you dont know you can find them at TSSAA.ORG

If teams arent careful and dont look into things i think they deserve the maximum penalty so they and others willl learn to be careful and FOLLOW RULES SPECIFICALLY SET OUT BY OUR HOME BOYS AT TSSAA!!!

You say hand down the maximum penalty until it happens to your team or your favorite team.

Rules are rules and they shouldn't be broken, but there is fair punishment and not fair punishment. It's like a thief who stolel money to better provide for his family gets sentenced 3 years in prison, no parole. Then a rapeist who gets sentenced 10 years in prison with a possiblity of parole and gets out in 2 years. Where's the fairness? Unfortunately it happens all the time in society. No one is saying ignore the rules, but some people want is the punishment to fit the crime. And if it's your son, which this is not in my case, who is a senior and his and his classmates whole season got messed up because of a mistake that didn't affect a game or an outcome of a game, then you have to side on the way of fairness and who it affects.

Edited by SoccerOnTheRise

You say hand down the maximum penalty until it happens to your team or your favorite team.

Rules are rules and they shouldn't be broken, but there is fair punishment and not fair punishment. It's like a thief who stolel money to better provide for his family gets sentenced 3 years in prison, no parole. Then a rapeist who gets sentenced 10 years in prison with a possiblity of parole and gets out in 2 years. Where's the fairness? Unfortunately it happens all the time in society. No one is saying ignore the rules, but some people want is the punishment to fit the crime. And if it's your son, which this is not in my case, who is a senior and his and his classmates whole season got messed up because of a mistake that didn't affect a game or an outcome of a game, then you have to side on the way of fairness and who it affects.

A wise man told me a trick to deal with this

DO THE CRIME AND PAY THE TIME!!!

THE TRICK IS DONT HAVE ANY REASON TO BE PUNISHED,

how often do you hear of teams being punished like this????????? you should realize that this sets an example for not only that team but other teams also

if u have a problem, you shoulda read about riverdale last year, at least your season isnt completely over!!! i feel forfeiting all district games is a fair punishment....coaches and school officials shoulda been more careful...i mean its common sense to at least know some academic things about players....the athletic directors and coaches shoulda been more careful....but whats done is done....so no point going on an obviously arguable topic....

A wise man told me a trick to deal with this

DO THE CRIME AND PAY THE TIME!!!

THE TRICK IS DONT HAVE ANY REASON TO BE PUNISHED,

how often do you hear of teams being punished like this????????? you should realize that this sets an example for not only that team but other teams also

if u have a problem, you shoulda read about riverdale last year, at least your season isnt completely over!!! i feel forfeiting all district games is a fair punishment....coaches and school officials shoulda been more careful...i mean its common sense to at least know some academic things about players....the athletic directors and coaches shoulda been more careful....but whats done is done....so no point going on an obviously arguable topic....

so if you're ever pulled over for speeding, it's fine if they put you in prison for 20 years? as long as it sets an example for others right?

Edited by frommy

so if you're ever pulled over for speeding, it's fine if they put you in prison for 20 years? as long as it sets an example for others right?

You obviously dont have the right to post...since you obviously dont know ANYTHING.....i mean seriously pal, when have you heard of 20 years for speeding!!! And besides if you do speed, you should FIRST accept the consequences instead of crying about it when you get pulled over!

You obviously dont have the right to post...since you obviously dont know ANYTHING.....i mean seriously pal, when have you heard of 20 years for speeding!!! And besides if you do speed, you should FIRST accept the consequences instead of crying about it when you get pulled over!

you seem to have the attitude that as long as an example is set for others, it's ok. so why not give 20 years for speeding? i obviously don't know anything, but i'm pretty sure that tssaa is too harsh on teams that make small, honest mistakes. like you jatoree, they have no common sense or grasp of what a fair punishment is. instead of trying to ruin a team's season, tssaa should actually hear their case and evaluate it. yes tullahoma and riverdale both messed up. yes they should have been punished for breaking rules, but the fact is that they did the honorable thing and reported themselves as soon as they found out. now riverdale got royally screwed last year and there is nothing anybody can do about that, but at some point the power happy people at tssaa need to start realizing that a small mistake doesn't deserve harsh punishments like these, especially when the teams report themselves instead of trying to cover it up.

you seem to have the attitude that as long as an example is set for others, it's ok. so why not give 20 years for speeding? i obviously don't know anything, but i'm pretty sure that tssaa is too harsh on teams that make small, honest mistakes. like you jatoree, they have no common sense or grasp of what a fair punishment is. instead of trying to ruin a team's season, tssaa should actually hear their case and evaluate it. yes tullahoma and riverdale both messed up. yes they should have been punished for breaking rules, but the fact is that they did the honorable thing and reported themselves as soon as they found out. now riverdale got royally screwed last year and there is nothing anybody can do about that, but at some point the power happy people at tssaa need to start realizing that a small mistake doesn't deserve harsh punishments like these, especially when the teams report themselves instead of trying to cover it up.

I am pretty sure they knew what was going to happen when they turned them selves in....and also i think the people at tssaa do know what they are doing or they wouldnt be there....sounds to me like ur just a sore looser!!

So if someone commits murder and turns themself in...does that make them honorable also!! Its not the end of the world frommy boy...so quit crying about it and making harsh comments about tssaa, after all they are the governing body for a reason

What is there to to hear and evaluate...i do believe that is exactly what they did....they turned themselves in so doesnt that mean that they did hear their case!!! Looks likie your school doesnt focus on common sence much at all frommy boy!!

Edited by halfdoller

I am pretty sure they knew what was going to happen when they turned them selves in....and also i think the people at tssaa do know what they are doing or they wouldnt be there....sounds to me like ur just a sore looser!!

So if someone commits murder and turns themself in...does that make them honorable also!! Its not the end of the world frommy boy...so quit crying about it and making harsh comments about tssaa, after all they are the governing body for a reason

What is there to to hear and evaluate...i do believe that is exactly what they did....they turned themselves in so doesnt that mean that they did hear their case!!! Looks likie your school doesnt focus on common sence much at all frommy boy!!

1. How can he be a sore loser when he hasnt lost anything...?

2. try using question marks and periods ocasionally instead of !!!! after every sentence

3. you probably dont even know what school he goes to, and theres no reason to try to start personal attacks

wow! i have so much to say to you that isn't allowed on coacht, but i'll try and keep it civil because unlike you, i can act like an adult when i post :lol: .

first off, i don't go, nor did i ever go, to tullahoma or riverdale. i'm not crying or whining because my team got screwed over, i'm saying tssaa has no idea how to deal out punishments that fit the crimes.

second, you just compared murder to a kid not taking enough classes to be eligible. that alone shows how unqualified you are to post on coacht or to even talk to people.

third, it does make them more honorable that they reported themselves instead of sweeping it under the rug, but i wouldn't be surprised if in the future some team finds out that one of their players is inelligible and doesn't report it because the punishments are so unfair. if they are going to give out the same punishments to those that turn themselves in and those that just get caught, why should anyone turn themself in?

fourth..ly (i guess), someone that knowingly commits murder and turns themselves in isn't honorable. someone that unknowingly commits a violation of a rule and turns themselves in when they find out about it, IS honorable. it is ridiculous though that that team gets such harsh punishment. a little fyi, if someone commits murder, turns themselves in, and pleads guilty at trial, they will get a less severe punishment than those that run from the law.

in my opinion, tssaa does a good job managing sports throughout the state, it's a huge task. however, i don't think tssaa does a good job punishing teams. they give maximum penalties for minimum crimes even when the school does the honorable thing and turns themselves in. if you feel like you have something to say back to me, that's great! i would love to prove you wrong, just make it an intelligent post next time halfdollar.

Edited by frommy

So if the Honor Student had taken gym or some other class there would not have been a reason for the punishment?

So all of U "Do the crime, pay the time" folks would rather an Honors student waste his time in a class he didn't need the meet the rule of law. There are exceptions to rules. TSSAA needs to look at each case and use the common sense rule.

Time is a valuable thing. Why have a "Honors Student" take a bogus class just to play soccer?

Your punishing a senior, senior team mates, team and his community on an oversight and the young man being exception in the class room.

That's teaching the right message.

NOT! :lol:

I hope none of U work for the IRS. You would have us shot when we make an mistake on our taxes. :)