Overrated/underrated

shims4

You can talk all you want but don't be telling everyone how good you are or how good your friends are. Include your state and southern rankings if you want some respect.

I'll get on whatever board i want and say what i want :thumb:

I know what state rankings are and I know what southern rankings are but in all actuality rankings these days are based on nothing but how many lucky draws you get or how many tournaments you've played. The points system is way off...playing a novice tournament can get you as many points as playing a state open or closed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hah I think I remember you getting on here about this time last year and belittling everyone on here in the same way....also I think we all know the rankings are extremely skewed, especially state rankings, in favor of those who play every weekend as opposed to those who don't play USTA as frequently. Unless you think Bo Seal is the 59th best player in 18's? Or Zach Zola is the #9 player in 18's? or that Ian Chadwell is #23 in 16's

You put too much value in rankings...you always have...things happen and people can't play....they get injured and have to take long periods of time off there are other reasons, play other sports, ...does that mean they shouldn't post in here?

I agree that the change in the ranking system a few years ago was not a good one. It rewards the players that play in a lot of tournaments. I just get tired of seeing these average players talk about how good they are or how good their friends are when most of them will put their racquets away in a couple of weeks.

Most of these guys were not ranked in the old system either. I stand by my statement about qualifying for Southerns. If you have not qualified you don't need to talk any smack. You do not need a lot of points to qualify. You just have to win a few matches in the state qualifying. So....after you guys qualify in June let me know.

MarronNation....watch the language.

Ive had to delete multiple posts because of vulgar language, so lets try to keep it off these boards. Its not needed...These boards are for sharing opinions...so people are going to disagree. It happens. Using vulgar language to help you state a point isnt necessary.

yea ok whatever. maroon not marron please learn to spell thanks.

I agree that the change in the ranking system a few years ago was not a good one. It rewards the players that play in a lot of tournaments. I just get tired of seeing these average players talk about how good they are or how good their friends are when most of them will put their racquets away in a couple of weeks.

Most of these guys were not ranked in the old system either. I stand by my statement about qualifying for Southerns. If you have not qualified you don't need to talk any smack. You do not need a lot of points to qualify. You just have to win a few matches in the state qualifying. So....after you guys qualify in June let me know.

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to people who pick up a racquet the december before h.s. tennis season starts and think they know a lot and then get on this website and post idiotic comments...it's evident in their posts who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. You don't know who I am, do you? I can tell you right now that I play tennis 300 days a year...but during the high school tennis season I'm not one to play USTA tournaments.

I used to care a lot about rankings but this past year I realized that they aren't as important as I once thought. High School tennis isn't about who's ranked higher than who...so who cares what the rankings are

yea ok whatever. maroon not marron please learn to spell thanks.

lol redbaron won't hesitate to kick you off...if you don't care then whatever but if you do, I'd say you should listen to him :lol:

Guest Cutters Crazies

its called ignore....you can tell the idiots on here from the ppl who actually know true tennis.

I agree with what your saying that those people who dont play competitive tennis shouldnt act like they know all about it, but im pretty sure everyone in this bulliten knows what their talking about since we are all either from siegal or bearden and i think everyone starts top 5 (but im not sure about that). Also, regarding the new ranking system, theoretically it is good and is more accurate a ranking system, but in acuality it doesnt work quite as well. I know the old ranking system was quite confusing and complicated to keep track of on your own, and the new one would work perfectly if everyone played in alot of tournaments. It is based on the ranking system in the atp tour, however, the pros obviously all pretty much play all the same high level tournaments so it works much better.

Edited by MaroonNation77

its called ignore....you can tell the idiots on here from the ppl who actually know true tennis.

Someone has to be the voice of reason on here and it is not you Hoolie, or Cutter or whatever you call yourself this year.

Why don't you replace that basketball picture of your boyfriend and put a picture of a tennis player on there?

Guest Cutters Crazies

Someone has to be the voice of reason on here and it is not you Hoolie, or Cutter or whatever you call yourself this year.

Why don't you replace that basketball picture of your boyfriend and put a picture of a tennis player on there?

You act like you know so much about who I am, when you know so little. If you knew Hoolie you would know hes a hog fan, has a strong dislike for Memphis State.

Edited by Cutters Crazies