LC team evicted?

LCborn

Well, he's a nice guy and works really hard at maintaining the facilities. But the program needs to step up a level or two to compete in their new class.

sorry i have no dog in this fight but.........................any "coach" that throws his players stuff in the trash and kicks them out of the locker room is anything but a nice guy.................that just ain't cool

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with LCBorn. There is some things that will have to change before LC will start beating teams besides Greenback (no offense to Greenback, but they are a single A school). Scheduling harder games and putting the best players on the feild would be a start. I was another one of those transfers that was referred to earlier in the post. I transfered to Loudon and played some quality baseball in my 4 years, and eventually ended up going 100-30 by the end of my senoir year. Bill Thompson doesnt pad his schedule and because of that he has won the district 6 out of the last 7 years, with a 3rd place finish at the state tournament. Buzz has access to facilities that most schools do not, until those things change then those facilities will mean nothing. As for the comment about jubal (you will need more than jubal to win), jubal is an AWESOME athlete, one of the best I have played with. Withouth Jubal on the feild last year, I am not sure LC wins 5 games. Without Littlefield or Draper last year, I am not sure LC wins more than 1 or 2.

• 2 weeks later...

There is some things that will have to change before LC will start beating teams besides Greenback (no offense to Greenback, but they are a single A school).

Now that the dust has cleared on 2006, it will be interesting to see what adjustments LC makes to become competitive in 4AAA.

Well...you're saying it's a no-brainer that a talented kid would want to be in another program besides LC's? Why is that a no-brainer? After all, they're in the same district. LC has better facilities. What makes it a no-brainer to go elsewhere to play?

Well, many people would mind to go play at that farragut field which is MUCH better to say the least over LC's. Playing for coach Pharr wouldnt hurt either.

Well, many people would mind to go play at that farragut field which is MUCH better to say the least over LC's. Playing for coach Pharr wouldnt hurt either.

I don't know that Farragut's field is all that much better than LC's. And LC has a good-quality club house and an excellent indoor hitting/pitching facility and weight room.

There is Coach Pharr, though. I can't argue against that advantage. I mean, 25-14 and in the playoffs vs. 13-24 and looking forward to summer league vs. TMG. Go figure.

Coach Brown was a good pitcher for LC but I don't know how much impact he has on the overall program.

Edited by LCborn

I don't know that Farragut's field is all that much better than LC's. And LC has a good-quality club house and an excellent indoor hitting/pitching facility and weight room.

There is Coach Pharr, though. I can't argue against that advantage. I mean, 25-14 and in the playoffs vs. 13-24 and looking forward to summer league vs. TMG. Go figure.

Coach Brown was a good pitcher for LC but I don't know how much impact he has on the overall program.

Thanks, I was just wondering. He told me he used to throw the HEAT. Ask him about the Georgia Tech game his last year. That guy was a riot!! :blink:

frankenvol Posted Today, 06:40 AM

The Lenoir City and Farragut fields aren't even comparable. On the one hand, you are playing in a WWF wrestling cage(LC), and on the other, you are plying at a minor league-type venue. Are you kidding?

Yeah I have to agree. I doubt that LC's field has ever been field of the year either.

Well...you're saying it's a no-brainer that a talented kid would want to be in another program besides LC's? Why is that a no-brainer? After all, they're in the same district. LC has better facilities. What makes it a no-brainer to go elsewhere to play?

And why wouldn't you want to come play on a team that was 94-3 over two years in the highest class (AAA) with the best competition. Those two teams made everyone else look like JV teams. Last year when Ty transferred we still managed to get 3rd in the state minus all those college signees and one first rounder.

Absolutely. Talent takes skill development to perform. Players need to develop mentally and emotionally as well as physically. Winning takes leadership on and off the field. Talented players have to be used properly. Game management has to be good. Pitch selection has to be good.

There's a lot more that goes into baseball success than just raw talent. A "program" is the sum total of all those parts and probably others that I haven't mentioned.

I also believe that wins and losses aren't the only measure of a program. It's part of high school education, after all.

The talent list was just in response to the comment that all that LC needs is more talent coming through than that one kid.

I don't know anybody who could've said that any better, not just for the LC program, but programs across the state. Your statement should be put on a plaque and hung in every locker room and coaches' office. Nice job. :)

I don't know anybody who could've said that any better, not just for the LC program, but programs across the state. Your statement should be put on a plaque and hung in every locker room and coaches' office. Nice job. ;)

Thanks.

People talk about 5-skill players (hits for avg., hits for power, throws, runs, plays defense); I guess one could talk about 5-skill coaches, too. They (1) develop player skills, (2) develop players mentally and emotionally, (3) nurture and provide leadership, (4) manage game situations--including making good lineup decisions, and (5) either call good pitches or--better--teach their catchers to call good pitches and trust them to do it. Or, more succinctly, the 5-skill coaches do skills, brains, leadership, management, and pitch calling.

Coach Pharr has had a lot of talent but you can't win 8 straight regional championships without doing those coaching jobs, even with talent. Of course, the Farragut program is on a serious downhill slide, since they were only runners-up this year. :thumb:;)

Good answer on the "no-brainer" question. And about Ty, I've heard Farragut accused of recruiting him but that wasn't the case.

• 2 weeks later...