Marion

bballfan12

We are looking for assistants purple, and if I could get those two I would do it in a heartbeat. To great coaches and quality men, the kind I would want my son to play for, if I had one that is! ;) I have tried to get Tim but he is not ready to move that far from his home just yet. Maybe one day we will be coaching together again. Noone knows what the future holds. :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are looking for assistants purple, and if I could get those two I would do it in a heartbeat. To great coaches and quality men, the kind I would want my son to play for, if I had one that is! :lol: I have tried to get Tim but he is not ready to move that far from his home just yet. Maybe one day we will be coaching together again. Noone knows what the future holds. :D

I know Coach Underwood would not mind it one bit either. He has told me that he enjoyed working with those two a great deal. They growled at one another on occassions but what group of coaches don't.

Coach Barger never got the chance to show his stuff as a head coach in the valley but you never know when he might get the itch to come home again. I know I would work for him in a heartbeat if he would have me.

Coach Taylor is one of the best coaches around. I hope he gets another chance to be head coach again soon.

Lake County is looking for a couple of assistants. Coach Barger and Taylor could team up again and, if they could get Bill#49, they would have the coup de resistance!....... B)

Coach B... Bill.... What do you guys think???? Can we start that rummor?

I liked the 2 free tickets and a billy goat rumor better. :P

Bill, can you tell us the mood around the locker room right now. Do we have a little better swagger to us or is things about the same as always. What can we expect out of the Warriors next year barring any changes?

The boys are concerned about the situation with Coach Pruitt and the likelyhood that he is going back to Plainview. We would love to keep him but we also wish him well when he decides to go. MARION COUNTY FOOTBALL WILL SURVIVE EITHER WAY!!

All the assistants will be in place and I believe one more will be here soon but I am not going to spill those beans just yet. We have a great deal of starters coming back from last year and I expect us to be in the thick of things during the entire season. Spring practice is very important to find some depth at a few positions, so we should be more concerned with who is going to be here instead who isn't.

I expect the boys will be enthusiastic and excited when we start Monday. I expect them to come out with an attitude that they are going to get better each and every day. I expect them to accept the adversity that they did not deserve and use it as a positive, motivating force to get better. All in all, I expect them to remember who they are and what they represent. MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL ! :D

Bill, I've been away from the CPU all day. We had a great staff at Marion with Tim , Paul, Greg, Larry, Randy and our jv coaches as well. I had a fun five years in Jasper at MCHS. I feel working with you guys helped me tremendously in my career, not to mention a certian ole fart that I still email and talk to. Warrior 2024, little bro, has got to defeat the older brother in a game before he will work under him!!! :(:):D Just messing with ya. Hope you guys have a good spring, I'm out.

The boys are concerned about the situation with Coach Pruitt and the likelyhood that he is going back to Plainview. We would love to keep him but we also wish him well when he decides to go. MARION COUNTY FOOTBALL WILL SURVIVE EITHER WAY!!

All the assistants will be in place and I believe one more will be here soon but I am not going to spill those beans just yet. We have a great deal of starters coming back from last year and I expect us to be in the thick of things during the entire season. Spring practice is very important to find some depth at a few positions, so we should be more concerned with who is going to be here instead who isn't.

I expect the boys will be enthusiastic and excited when we start Monday. I expect them to come out with an attitude that they are going to get better each and every day. I expect them to accept the adversity that they did not deserve and use it as a positive, motivating force to get better. All in all, I expect them to remember who they are and what they represent. MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL ! :P

Thanks Bill and I agree with you 100%. Good luck to you and the rest of the staff. Good luck to the Warriors. Just as I heard the other day, We had football before and we will continue having it no matter who leads the team. And I know as long as we have the assistants in place that we have now, we will do just fine.

Thanks Bill and I agree with you 100%. Good luck to you and the rest of the staff. Good luck to the Warriors. Just as I heard the other day, We had football before and we will continue having it no matter who leads the team. And I know as long as we have the assistants in place that we have now, we will do just fine.

I will hold you to that.

I was snooping around on the Softball boards and saw someone had mentioned Pruitt leaving, then snooped on the AL.com boards and that Plainview bunch is still carrying on with their foolishness. So what is the real deal? Is it a possibility that Coach Pruitt is going home. I know that he has a really long drive and that has to be hard on the pocketbook (thanks W :ph34r: ) as well as on the family. If he does then all will still be well here at MC but from reading AL posts it seems those folks in Plainview just really don't like/care/or want him back. Is there any reason for that or is it just a few bad apples making the whole basket stinky.

Either way best of luck to the Warriors..lookin forward to football season

KimP... I think that what you read on AL.Com is just a couple of people who have it in for Pruitt, probably out of jealousy over Jeremy Pruitt (Coach's son). I think that in the city of Rainesville there are more Pruitt supporters than haters. However, from what I've been able to piece together, there may be a question as to whether Pruitt gets recommended for the PHS job or not. I don't think that the Superintendent likes him that well and some of the board members don't like him. Probably goes back to when he used to kick their butts in football every year. He has told the boys that he is in the running for the job and if it is offered, he will take it. Kinda bad timing since Spring practice for both schools starts Monday. The next BOE meeting is set for May 18 and that is when the principal is "supposed" to recommend a coach. We'll see if that happens.

I like Coach Pruitt and what he has done the past two years at MC. I also understand his situation and wouldn't blame him if he left. I do not like the timing. I think that he should have come forward earlier. I also think that there comes a point when he MUST make a decision, go or stay. I don't know if he should wait until the 18th to make that decision. I know that it's tough to quit a job if you don't have one waiting on you and it must also be very difficult to hang onto a job when the one that you really want is open. But he is a grown man and sometimes in life we have to make difficult decisions. It's time for him to make that decision. The longer he waits....the worse position that he puts Marion County in.

Like Bill#49 and others have said.... there was football in MC before Pruitt and there will be football when he is gone. I just wish someone would hurry up and decide something.......

AMEN BROTHER!!! Either leave or get on board for next season. If you can't make that decision maybe someone should make it for you.