top five teams in 1a 2a and 3a

playintowin

3A:

Fulton

Austin East

White House

Greenbrier

Pearl Cohn

4-3A is the toughest region in the state - period!

If I'm not mistaken, are not all of these teams from the east? Only 1 will make it to Murfreesboro. Crockett County and Lipscomb, perhaps repeats from either Covington, Lexington or perhaps someone else is will come out of the west. Your five teams will probably be listed in the top 10 for the preseason. Just some thoughts.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3A:

Fulton

Austin East

White House

Greenbrier

Pearl Cohn

4-3A is the toughest region in the state - period!

It's a tough region without question but how do you have Greenbrier in your top five when on the thread titled "Region 4-3A" you have the Bobcats at #5 in the region standings (finishing behind both Sycamore and Station Camp). That might have been a typo on your part on the other thread but it still leaves me worried.

If I'm not mistaken, are not all of these teams from the east? Only 1 will make it to Murfreesboro. Crockett County and Lipscomb, perhaps repeats from either Covington, Lexington or perhaps someone else is will come out of the west. Your five teams will probably be listed in the top 10 for the preseason. Just some thoughts.

willie clark {slickwillie#85}is the best d linemen in the state and he cant wait for next season

I will be real surprised to see Lexington have anything close to the success they had last year.

It's a tough region without question but how do you have Greenbrier in your top five when on the thread titled "Region 4-3A" you have the Bobcats at #5 in the region standings (finishing behind both Sycamore and Station Camp). That might have been a typo on your part on the other thread but it still leaves me worried.

Country,

It wasn't a typo. I know what Greenbrier lost however, I do feel that Greenbrier may fall behind Sycamore & possibly Station Campin the regular season. I feel that in the playoff picture Greenbrier has the recent tradition to make a late season comeback like the MIGHTY BLUE DEVILS did last year. That was my thinking on that one.

How can you say that when the Region 2 / 3A has won 4 of 5 , or 5 of 6 past state championships !!! PERIOD !!!

Well, like the other guy said, only one team per region can make it to the state. Last year, Greenbriar, Pearl Cohn, White House, & Sycamore were very close in competition. White House made it to the quarter finals & got beat by Notre Dame in a one sided officiating game. Don't believe it? I got the tape. By the way, is Livingston Acadamy a team from the East or Middle TN? By the way, are you sure about your #rs? NO! NO WAY dude! Portland won one in 99 or 2000, Milan won one @ the same time & white House won one in 97, but that was out of your figures. Anyway, they were asking for the toughest regions, not the region that may or may not have a state championship team that may or may not recruit - loke Notre Dame.

3A Winners:

'99- Milan (beat Portland in the title game)

'00- Portland (beat Covington in the title game)

'01- Austin East (beat Crockett Co. in the title game)

'02- Ridgeway (beat Fulton in the title game)

'03- Fulton (beat Covington in the title game)

'04- Fulton (beat Greenbrier in the title game)

'05- Livingston Academy (beat David Lipscomb in the title game)

In those years the west side of the state has two winners (Milan & Ridgeway). The midstate has two winners (Portland & Livingston Academy). The east side of the state has two winners (Austin East & Fulton twice).

Region 2-3A has won four out of the past five state titles in 3A however for anyone to say that Livingston Academy is an east-TN team is ridiculous. Livingston had a very special team last year and they simply made me look ridiculous when they dominated a great defensive football team (Lipscomb) in the Blue Cross Bowl. The deck is currently stacked against LA for the upcoming season seeing as how they lost a head coach and a tremendous senior class but I do wish them the best and right now the folks in Hog Eye Country can say that they are #1 heading into the 2006 season and that is something that won't change until it's proven between the lines on Friday nights this upcoming fall.

It is just a judgement call on my part, having seen all the teams either live or on film(except Carver). My opinion on Goodpasture was large last year but slow. I thought some of those linemen graduated, but that still leaves them slow unless somethings have changed which they may have.

Milan (Tradition in a region where several teams graduted alot, Dresden and Huntingdon might be in this spot)

East Robertson (If their quarterback is back and they still have some of the speed they showed last year)

Alcoa (great football situation)

Tyner (bar none the team with the best team speed I saw last year, will play Alcoa in the semis again this year)

Carver (I needed to pick a Memphis team substitute whichever one you want)

Your opinion came from where?I myself saw Goodpasture play and I dont believe they were slow.They showed alot of speed in the game I saw at Camden.They had two or three backs that could break away just like any other.I dont see how they could be slow and make it to the State Championship and beating teams like Ezell,Camden,Hunnington,DCA,D.County Riverside they held one of the best players in TN under control(Donald) and he is as fast as anyone in TN.