• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Trousdale Co.

2. Jo Byrns

3. Friendship

4. Mt. Pleasant

5. South Pittsburg

Top teams that have alot returning for next year, prolly but wont be in that order, but thats a solid top 5.

I like your Top 5 personally. I don't see how FCS could make it above some of these teams when all of them have enough ability to win a state championship. i wish you a good season big tuck, but if Mt. Pleasant and Jo Byrns meet again in the playoffs, I guess we will be sitting on the opposite side of the bleachers!! :thumb:

Burr, WHAT were you smoking (or snorting) when you made those picks? I want you to do 2 things.

1. Put down the crack pipe for your own sake.

2. Commit yourself to Ridgeview for making picks like that because you have to be insane to think CAK or Harriman is gonna win the gold ball.

:thumb:

By the way this looks, Smith County should just fofeit even if they win in round two. I mean, at home or not, expecting to beat Tyner in the quarters and then Alcoa in the semis is all but ridiculous. Just my opinion.

...Most "predictions" are made on the previous year...we all know that the previous year has nothing to do with the current year but fans, sportswriters, coaches, players,etc. have to use a "point-of-reference"(and most times historical success)...nobody is counting out Smith Co., however it was considered a "mild" upset when Boyd-B won on Smith Co.'s field last year in the 2nd round...it's just one of the things folks look at when forecasting for the following year :thumb:

...As I said in the other thread>>>don't take it too seriously at this point in time!!!

...Most "predictions" are made on the previous year...we all know that the previous year has nothing to do with the current year but fans, sportswriters, coaches, players,etc. have to use a "point-of-reference"(and most times historical success)...nobody is counting out Smith Co., however it was considered a "mild" upset when Boyd-B won on Smith Co.'s field last year in the 2nd round...it's just one of the things folks look at when forecasting for the following year :)

...As I said in the other thread>>>don't take it too seriously at this point in time!!!

I enjoyed the "mild" upset :thumb:

now i know trousdale isnt in burrs prediction...thats the only thing i disagree with...but whats your predictions?

pretty much the same as swanson's on post #77. FCS is the betting man's choice and therefore the favorite. they had a great team last year and will have a better one this year. SP had real good team last year and will be DEEP in the playoffs before or if they get beat, very solid program in my book. TC is TC. top of the mountain till proven otherwise, period. gordansville plays in a region with (unfortunatly for them :D ) the two best teams in the state. gordansville played these teams as close, if not closer than any one else in the state did last year. that has to mean something. i don't know about the west except for what i see on here and late in the playoffs. i say fayette or jo byrns, toss up, but i honestly think G-ville could give either one a run for their money. i haven't seen a team out of the west that could play with the top 3 picks though. :D

I enjoyed the "mild" upset :lol:

I didn't. Would much enjoy a rematch this year. TD called back because of a mental mistake. Hail mary tipped and completed ending first half. Fumble on a fourth down conversion. BB got all the breaks in the world and still barely won. I would love to know what might have happened had we recovered the on-side kick. Congratulations to you guys for capitalizing on our mistakes but I think we all know that that game could have been very different. :thumb:

Wow, how good is the season opener Milan at Crockett County gonna be. Someone was asking about Milan earlier in the thread. Lost a lot on the line. All region selections Ol Matt Jackson, Cole Hickerson, Donzielle Bell, Adam Nelson, and Dl Josh Bomar, De'Angelo Campbell and Big Chris Johnson. Also gone is Cornelious Colemen who Morris called the most complete player he's ever coached and if I'm not mistaken he was the 7-2a defensive player of the year or maybe 7-2a MVP. RB/DB Tremain Champion, WR Seth Postoak and WR/DBs Shaun Jordan and Jeremey Conley who always seemed to make the big play last year all graduated. And maybe the biggest lost is the graduation of kicker Clay Mallard. But the other 8 or 9 seniors never touched the field. This will be Lydales third season under center he should really put up some big numbers. Also Look out for pre-season all state selection Jamil Davis on the D-line. Jeremy Kirby, Brian Bledsoe, and Austin Alred make up a very good backfield. This team will have a few new faces but will have strong leadership. Jeff Morris and the rest of the coaches are all back so should be another deep playoff run for the bulldawgs.

Edited by bulldawgs#1