GOLDEN TATE

popefan 21

Football Time in Tennessee!

I look for Golden to have a wonderful season, Rivals ranked or not. He is definately one of the top players in the country as proven by the stacks of letters that he receives daily and the number of coaches that call. One thing is for sure he will not be going to Tennessee.

I personally hope that he gives Vanderbilt a look because though colleges say they will let a talent like Golden play both football and baseball it is rarely true for a premier talent like Golden to be given that opportunity. I truly believe that Vanderbilt would be one school that would give him that chance. Besides Vanderbilt has one of the best baseball coaches in the country in Tim Corbin.

;)

Agreed...I would also like to see him consider Vanderbilt. It would be neat to go see him, Gaston Miller (Riverdale) and Roger Herndon (Greenbrier) all on the same field.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden, and any other 'stud,' will NOT be recruited on what they do this year or what they've done in the past (although it obviously gets people talking - he's up to 8 pages now - and coaches interested). All recruiting is based on 'potential.' D1 athletes don't live in yesterday. They work and live in today and tomorrow...and how can I get better.

I'd say Golden Tate's future is very bright...duh...IF he continues to improve and work hard. IF he thinks he's made it and doesn't care about getting better, he'd better get someone to 'advise' him about a reality check.

The Roger Herndon 'thing' still puzzles me. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't 'highly' recruit him ????? I guess it's why I'm not a highly-paid coach at Podunk U or...

He is a very good player. Where did you see he was ranked the #2 prospect in the nation? Rivals hasn't even done their rankings yet.

I was a non believer.... Then, i watched the highlights of the greenbrier game and now i'm on the goldenboy bandwagon mad props to tate he's the real deal. good luck to him in the future.

I don't know why people put so much stock in Rivals. I know three guys that have had offers from DI schools that aren't even listed on Rivals.

Rivals is alright, but you just cant put to much into those rankings. The top player is about the only ranking you can bank on, all the rest are just there.

The perfect example is Patrick Willis. I forget how many players were ranked above him in this state alone. I know he was the 60th rated LB in the country by rivals. Now he's rated as high as the #2 player overall in the NCAA. I think sometimes they look at the highschool a player comes from more than they look at the player.