o.s girls

bigstick#1

I have noticed that many on here have spoken about not swinging at an "adult". Is it really okay to swing at anyone. Whether it be adult, player, fan, umpire. Our society is so used to violence and violent acts that it almost seems like we are saying it's okay for the players to fight, but how dare a player try to fight a coach. In my book a swing is a swing is a swing----NO MATTER FOR WHOM IT IS INTENDED . And BTW, everyone is responsible for their actions. Mommy and daddy cant and wont be there all the time to hold these kids hands. Hopefully we raise our kids instilling respect and they DON'T do things like this. But people can let their emotions get the best of them sometimes and it doesn't make them a bad person---just a person that made a mistake........that will be remembered for a while, unfortunately.

Edited by PhillipNeyland

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i was watching the game of OS and RCHS. First, the pitcher had no reason at all to take a swing at the rchs coach. i played for kingston a few years ago and i have played ball my whole life and i agree 100 % with the idea that a kid never swings at an adult!!! if that would have been me, then my mom and dad would have killed me! the rchs pitch did the right thing by not going after headden. but what more can you expect from an oliver springs player? i mean their coach obviously doesn't care what his players do. i still have my kingston pride and i haven't played there in almost 10 years.

I take it since you played ball at kingston and you went to school there that automatically means you know everything right!!! lol haha what a joke!! I played at OS Does that mean I fall under that catergory that your placing on OS players??? And since you kno a whole heck of a lot about the OS coach..then why is that player being punished!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!! YOU people bash os and say os would have done the same thing or other things worse, well maybe if you tried not singling os out then maybe os people wont bash back at you like I am fixing to do!! SO Since you went to kingston and played ball there makes you basically the smartest person in roane county, then YOU WOULD KNOW THAT COACH HEADDEN WASN'T EVEN THERE WHEN TEH INCIDENT TOOK PLACE!!! SHows just how much you know!! Truthfully I cannpt believe I am actually bashing back at you, but I am sick and tired of people putting stero type on os for an incident. Not one person is the same. CRAP HAPPENS IN LIFE.. I have spoke with the os player and believe me she regrets everything that happened...and couldn't even believe she let her self get that upset...so your telling me that this kid is such a horrible person bc she made a mistake....And i am sure that all you people no matter where you live haVE made mistakes before...just as big as this, bigger, or not even close. But without mistakes what would we learn in life. NOT A DANG THING!!! SO LETS STOP THIS DISCUSSION PLEASE AND LET THE PLAYER DO HER TIME AND GET BACK TO WHAT'S IMPORTANT...HAVING FUN WHILE PLAYING BALL!!!

Edited by Ozballer12

okay... so i know im gonna get heck for this post but nothing could be as bad as the stuff im getting elsewhere... i am the kingston pitcher... i was there and i know exactly what happened...i wish everyone would stop talking about it...i wish people would STOP saying i dont have pride in my school and STOP saying that i should have done something to stand up for my coach... what did you expect me to do? jump in the middle and in the process get suspended for fighting on school property at a school sponsered event? and if i had done that i would not be able to play... suspended players are not supposed to play... it would have been letting my ENTIRE team down. I am sorry if people dont understand that. and another thing... I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO DO ANYTHING. by the time i realized what was going on the os pitcher was being held back by her father my mother and my teammates mother. i didnt have time to do anything. no matter how good of friends we may be and no matter what happens i do not agree with my friends actions nor will i defend them. i would however like to remain friends and teammates with her this summer so people saying that my loyalties lie more with my travelball teammates than with my highschool team is not helping. if anything i compete more when i step on the field against a summerball teammate b/c i want to show them up *as corny as that may sound* i want to say to the people who are stereotyping os players... they arent bad people ... they are ball players... players who would do anything to win or for their team... same as all ball players in all schools...

thank you ozballer12 and rcgrad87... thank you for taking up for me... thank you anyone else... i just know them personally...

please just drop the subject and let us play ball

okay... so i know im gonna get heck for this post but nothing could be as bad as the stuff im getting elsewhere... i am the kingston pitcher... i was there and i know exactly what happened...i wish everyone would stop talking about it...i wish people would STOP saying i dont have pride in my school and STOP saying that i should have done something to stand up for my coach... what did you expect me to do? jump in the middle and in the process get suspended for fighting on school property at a school sponsered event? and if i had done that i would not be able to play... suspended players are not supposed to play... it would have been letting my ENTIRE team down. I am sorry if people dont understand that. and another thing... I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO DO ANYTHING. by the time i realized what was going on the os pitcher was being held back by her father my mother and my teammates mother. i didnt have time to do anything. no matter how good of friends we may be and no matter what happens i do not agree with my friends actions nor will i defend them. i would however like to remain friends and teammates with her this summer so people saying that my loyalties lie more with my travelball teammates than with my highschool team is not helping. if anything i compete more when i step on the field against a summerball teammate b/c i want to show them up *as corny as that may sound* i want to say to the people who are stereotyping os players... they arent bad people ... they are ball players... players who would do anything to win or for their team... same as all ball players in all schools...

thank you ozballer12 and rcgrad87... thank you for taking up for me... thank you anyone else... i just know them personally...

please just drop the subject and let us play ball

Amen, now do I think os has what it takes to get to state...

Well lets see, they have a great pitcher... good catcher... well they have a really good infield entirely, as for outfield well it could use some help... he needs a center to balance everything and he needs a leader out there as for the rest, if no errors are made it could deffinately happen... :thumb:

ladyjacket818,

Your post and reply to all of this, shows a lot of class and maturity on your part. Anytime an incident of this nature happens, its easy to point fingers at who is at fault and why, or make matters worst. You chose the right path, and have no need to defend your actions. Too bad others can't or wont' follow your lead, thats OK, you just continue to shine. As an OS fan, I know all parties involved feel bad about what happened, nothing good will come of being critical or judgemental of a parent or kid, remember what the good book says "let ye without sin cast the first stone". Anyway, good luck, and thanks for a great post!

Edited by catback

I was not trying to say the pitcher should have fought the girl. I thought one of the other girls might have said something but in hindsight I realize that everyone was so shocked by the events taking place that they didn't know what to do. I was not trying to bash anyone from OS. Someone posted wanting the facts- so I gave them. The only thing I did say about OS was that they would have told about the events on here if they were asked. You can't expect to do something like this in public and not have it talked about. I also said that there was no way Coach Headden would condone this behavior. He was not there- had he been I'm sure he would have stopped it. He was made aware of the events and I'm sure the girl has been punished. It is a very serious accusation to make to accuse a coach of telling a pitcher to hit a player. Coach Brackett has never told his pitcher- this year or last- to hit any players. I think this needs to be the end of this thread and everyone needs to move on. District tournaments are next week and these players, coaches, parents and anyone else involved needs to come together and support each other. The lady jackets have just as much of a chance to win the district tourn. as anyone else, but that can't happen if each player doesn't come together and work as a team. Players- forget this event- listen to your coaches and each other, build on last night's win and get focused for the disticts. From what I've seen this year if you are focused and play 7 complete error free innings you are as good as any team out there. Next week all the records go to 0-0. Now is your time to show what hard work and playing a tough schedule can do. You have worked too hard this season to let it all go down the drain because one stupid event.

As a parent I would like to find out what the Oliver Springs High School coach plans to do about the situation. This is not something to be dismissed without deciplinary action being taken. I see it as this could cost OSHS a trip to state. The coach needs to face the fact he had a player represent not only softball at OSHS, but Roane County in a very negative way.

As a parent I would like to find out what the Oliver Springs High School coach plans to do about the situation. This is not something to be dismissed without deciplinary action being taken. I see it as this could cost OSHS a trip to state. The coach needs to face the fact he had a player represent not only softball at OSHS, but Roane County in a very negative way.

As a parent you need to leave the subject alone... let coaches be coaches and get your nose out of his business, and I dont go to os or kingston... so its not one sided. :thumb:

This is Roane County softball, the last time I checked I had a job, paid taxes, and don't appreciate the likes of you trying to be somebody!!!

Get a life

WOW! Now that is the way to represent Roane County!!!!!!!!!! Let your anger get the best of you and take it out on someone!!!!!!! Oh Yeah, that is the mistake everyone is talking about. I guess it is alright for adults to be that way and just tell the kids to behave. What is the old saying? " Do as I say and not as I do"

You are a parent as you stated. Judging from the previous post your reply was from a high school student/player. Why can adults behave this way and kids can't?

This is Roane County softball, the last time I checked I had a job, paid taxes, and don't appreciate the likes of you trying to be somebody!!!

Get a life

You want action taken because of an incident that involved a high school aged kid, granted it was wrong, and action has taken place. Yet, you state your a parent and concerned about the image of Roane County, your post reflect neither! Let it alone, and let the PROPER people take care of it!