Maryville High School Hitting Facility

dheat

Maryville is just about to finish their indoor hittting facilty. Rumor has they may even get their own practice infield built behind facility.

It should help. They have not even had a cage to hit in all spring. With that and a 20 win JV do not get used to beating Maryville. This facility should help the people who want to work hard to get better.

What do you think?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future for Maryville baseball looks good. The coaches had a good plan on picking the team last year and coach Gaylor spent some summer nights and weekends watching baseball. He made some good choices and the JV team is doing great. They are all not ready for varsity yet but they will be soon and the Rebels have a bright future. I have been told that this new indoor facility will cost over $30,000 and it will be nice. Good lick to the future Rebels!!!!!

I agree it should help but all the nice stuff in the world will not help if Maryville does not bring in a better baseball coaching staff. I mean Coach Gaylor is coming off one of the best Football defensive coaching jobs in the history of the most dominate football program in the state, but in baseball he has had little success.

This yet another dismal, season is now in the books and the lack of effective coaching, facilities have taken its toll. There were kids in the school who could have helped the team, some, had even been previously on the team. The selection is flawed and in my opinion is that politics has been an issue. Due to many factors but mainly coaching and the schools lack of true commitment to baseball many players has left the team or never came out for the team. The county & MHS has some great baseball talent but it never gets developed and the sport is not supported as it should be.

Case in point. Is there another High School that does not have it's own field?

I agree it should help but all the nice stuff in the world will not help if Maryville does not bring in a better baseball coaching staff. I mean Coach Gaylor is coming off one of the best Football defensive coaching jobs in the history of the most dominate football program in the state, but in baseball he has had little success.

This yet another dismal, season is now in the books and the lack of effective coaching, facilities have taken its toll. There were kids in the school who could have helped the team, some, had even been previously on the team. The selection is flawed and in my opinion is that politics has been an issue. Due to many factors but mainly coaching and the schools lack of true commitment to baseball many players has left the team or never came out for the team. The county & MHS has some great baseball talent but it never gets developed and the sport is not supported as it should be.

WOW FBE you never surprise me...this was supposed to be a good thread but nope you had to jump in there...thats just great...that is part of the problem...not the coaches trust me...we don't have the support from the people in the city people like yourslef are upset that your kid is not on the team...the kids that were cut that had been on the team didn't need to be there...they didn't work in the offseason and it showed during the tryouts in July...Coach Gaylor has preached to us the same things that you hear from the analysts and coaches doing MLB games...try me and i can prove it...seriously you need to find something better to do than to get on here all the time and say negative things...because there are a lot of positives...You should work for the news or something because you like to report all the negatives instead of the positives and one of the things i am positve about is that your son just isn't good enough so you have to find another way to bash somebody.

On a more light sided note...the new facility will be great...4 cages...two for hitting and two will have pither's mounds in them...there is also an infield being built...i was mad that everything was not going to be up for our senior season but im glad that there is something to work with for the younger guys because a lot of them have a bright future...the JV had a great year...most of the players hit over .350 and a few hit .400+...Reid Walker ended up with a .500+ average and the only Freshman to ever move up to Varsity where he has helped us out some...their final record was 28-3 losing twice to Farragut and once to Halls...they beat Halls by run-rule the second time and beat Farragut twice during the season...it is overall a good situation for the years to come...we just need to get some people in the community involved other than the moms and dads on the team...even FBE can help out after he chokes on his own tongue for the next few years.

Edited by rebelguy21

I don't know about the politics of the program and I don't know anything about Maryville's coaches, but FBEmeritus states an undeniable truth: the facility will only help the team to the extent that the teaching that goes on inside of it is good.

It's absolutely a great thing to have and it gives more capability to develop players. But just as buying the best available bat won't make you a hitter, having the facility won't automatically make the team better. But it will provide more opportunity for them to improve, no doubt.

I hope Maryville's coaches are up to the challenge. Congratulations to the school on getting it done.

I don't know about the politics of the program and I don't know anything about Maryville's coaches, but FBEmeritus states an undeniable truth: the facility will only help the team to the extent that the teaching that goes on inside of it is good.

It's absolutely a great thing to have and it gives more capability to develop players. But just as buying the best available bat won't make you a hitter, having the facility won't automatically make the team better. But it will provide more opportunity for them to improve, no doubt.

I hope Maryville's coaches are up to the challenge. Congratulations to the school on getting it done.

LC everybody is up for the challenge including the coaches...FBE is just upset that his son is not good enough to play for us...and that is the undeniable truth.

I started this to get ideas about how the batting cage can be used to better the team not a forum to bash the coaches.

I would like to address a few thing in your remarks. I wonder if there were kids in the school that could have helped the football team that were not out there. No there were none. The ones that could help were out there because they learned to play in spite of their individual feelings and contribute to the football team. The players that you are talking about walking the halls that are not playing is just of base. They are either injured or mommas boys.

I am sure you are talking about the pitcher that quit his team in the middle of the season last year because thse coaches did not bow down to him because of who his family is and put him before the team. When that did not happen he quit. Now that is the kind of teammate Maryville needs to have a winning program, a quitter! A baby, who when he did not get his way cried to daddy and uncle, and they threatened everyone in town. I think it was time someone stood up to them and quit allowing them to push their weight around.

Next, I am assuming you are talking about your son. The one who stood out in right field as a sophomore flipping his glove up in the air like a t-baller. Yeah he could probably help us too. That is what will lead this team to a championship.

The thing you and all other daddies need to remember is that Maryville plays in probably the best district of baseball in the State. You are not going to win every game facing the pitching we are facing.

I will be the first to sayas a parent there have been decisions that I question as well. Batting order being one. But I am not the coach. And if you are going to blame all of the ups and downs on one person he needs to be able to make his own decisions.

I know one thing for sure. No team has ever won with people who walk the halls and do not play. I can surely hear the stories these guys tell their children and grandchildren about how great Maryville would have been if they had played, but didn't instead choosing to be a coacht hero. Get a life! Go see one of your great little league games!

Edited by dheat

Y'all have tryouts in JULY. I didn't think you could have any off-season coaching in baseball?

there has never been any restrictions on baseball in the summer except for the two week dead period.... if the coaches wanted they could practice and play as much as they wanted

there has never been any restrictions on baseball in the summer except for the two week dead period.... if the coaches wanted they could practice and play as much as they wanted

Coaches cannot coach their own kids during the summer. You are allowed to have tryouts though.