Region 6aa

Raider_55

In my opinion the four teams will be Camden, Lewis Co., Waverly and Richland. The top spots for home games depend heavily (once again IMO) on the Camden/Richland Richland/Lewis and Camden/Lewis games. I feel like Wavo has a good shot at beating one of these three teams.

With Riverside losing as many players to graduation as they did, and with Houston, Adamsville, and Stewart Co. programs in the fledgling period of program growth, I really can't see any of them jumping over the four aforementioned teams.

Richland really impressed me last season towards the end, and without the stellar play of Clay Colley for Lewis Co., would have pulled off the number two spot last season, even with the Camden loss to Lewis Co.. I attended the playoff game at Camden and saw a Richland that come into their own in the postseason. They really fought back, especially after the woodshed beating Camden dealt them in the regular season.

I saw Camden this spring and the thing about them that was most impressive, I thought, was the development of their younger players. And the overwhelming power of the defensive line. All returning starters on the D-line. Coach McDowell has really got them to buy into his system and they are confident.

Waverly lost quite a few players, but they also have a lot of good players coming in and I truly beleive that they could pick up a number 3 spot this year, IF the offense can come together at some point in time this coming season.

Loretto remains a mystery to me.

Edited by rcombs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rcombs is #70 one of those d-line players coming back?I thought he was a senior but im not sure.

And yes Camden has to come to Richlands home field this year,its hard to play at Camden,they have good fans and Richland had to go up there twice.Now its Camdens turn.

Busby is a senior but because of things that happened off the field, alot of players got starting time on the D-line.

It will be tough on the Lions having to come to Richland especially since they have to travel all the way to Loretto the week before. With the Lions tough away schedule I guess we'll know just what we are made of...I expect it to be a shootout for sure.

I didn't even think of home field advantage, dang. But why is our region so screwed up, we got Adamsville, (West TN) and Richland (other side of Nashville) it just seems weird...baseball and basketball are ok, so why is football like this,. I understand that amount of students matters, but what about these teams we play in baseball and basketball?? Sorry if i sound stupid..lol

I didn't even think of home field advantage, dang. But why is our region so screwed up, we got Adamsville, (West TN) and Richland (other side of Nashville) it just seems weird...baseball and basketball are ok, so why is football like this,. I understand that amount of students matters, but what about these teams we play in baseball and basketball?? Sorry if i sound stupid..lol

;) Speak for yourselves when it comes to baseball and basketball....Camden is still completely screwed....our closest district basketball game is Lexington(50 miles) and then there is McNairy, state champs Liberty, 2time state champs Bolivar, Chester co and Jackson South Side...somebody in TSSAA-land doesn't like us.! ;) Hey be glad Waverly just has to go to Richland and Adamsville... we have to go to Loretto, Richland,(those two back-to-back) Adamsville, Lewis co and Martin...all in all about 1000 miles round trip and about 25 hours just in the bus! The reason everything isn't so screwed up for basketball etc (for most anyway) is because alot of the schools that had to move up in football didn't have to move up in basketball...look at Riverside and Adamsville they are both 1A in basketball so that completely throws everything off....kinda crazy to me.

Just wait until the next realignment...I have a feeling Stewart and Waverly will be 3A by then so who knows what'll happen to this mixed-up region.

Edited by Lions4ever

Correct me if wrong but Waverly has to go to Camden, Loretto, Adamsville, Lewis County, and that may be it. Stewart, Richland, Riverside, and Houston come here. And our two non district games (Montgomery Central n Hickman) we will go to hickman i think n Mont Central will come here. If we play the same people as we did last year that is right, i think.

But yes, Camden is screwed in Basketball, i went to some of yall's games this past year and well, that is a good ways off, real good ways. But they have to go to your place too. But that has to hurt Camden in the money Dept.

Correct me if wrong but Waverly has to go to Camden, Loretto, Adamsville, Lewis County, and that may be it. Stewart, Richland, Riverside, and Houston come here. And our two non district games (Montgomery Central n Hickman) we will go to hickman i think n Mont Central will come here. If we play the same people as we did last year that is right, i think.

But yes, Camden is screwed in Basketball, i went to some of yall's games this past year and well, that is a good ways off, real good ways. But they have to go to your place too. But that has to hurt Camden in the money Dept.

How all our long distance trips got put in the same year I don't know....just a flip of the coin I guess....as far as basketball goes yes they all have to come to Camden once a year but everyone else is much closer to each other than we are to anyone....we have to travel more than 65 miles (one way) to every game except Lexington (50 miles) and as far as 95 to one(Bolivar).

This region has kinda screwed everyone in football as far as money goes. Camden carries a big crowd to every game regardless of distance but not many other teams in our region do, so we all get the shaft as far as money goes. But oh well no sense in griping about what we can't change. At least week 0 and week 1, the week we play you, the Lewis co game and if we keep making the playoffs we make good gate money.

Richland will have a good gate at their home games but lets look at the away games Chapel Hill, Adamsville,Waverly,Lewis and nearby Lorreto.Lewis and Waverly will be tough games on the road and Lorreto is always scrapy.

Richland should load up at home because I know every redneck around will come out the sticks to come watch Richland vs Camden round 3. :thumb:

Richland will have a good gate at their home games but lets look at the away games Chapel Hill, Adamsville,Waverly,Lewis and nearby Lorreto.Lewis and Waverly will be tough games on the road and Lorreto is always scrapy.

Richland should load up at home because I know every redneck around will come out the sticks to come watch Richland vs Camden round 3. :huh:

This ought to be a dandy. I know I'll be there.

Richland should load up at home because I know every redneck around will come out the sticks to come watch Richland vs Camden round 3. :huh:

How big is Richland's visitor stands?....I know of a bunch of rednecks on this side of the river(and boy do I mean a bunch! :lol: ) that will be headed to Lynnville this fall. We could just hold a redneck family reunion. B) Should be a great game.....football season just won't get here soon enough for me :(