Catchers

War Eagles

Daniel Albarran from Forrest is as solid as they come. He calls his own games, great blocker and his pop time has been under 2. He is batting .477 and 3 HRs so far this season. Good luck at Maryville College next year.

Edited by daa21

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan Hostellar(sp) junior from BGA is really a solid catcher behind the plate, and offensively. He is a very good ball player, great mind set too. Although I do see him get hit by pitches more than anyone I know. He plays balls to the wall and can really get the job done. He's got a pretty darn good bat too. Look for him to be one of the top catchers his senior year.

this will a surprize to many...but as a sophmore, he wont' impress you much yet, as he hasn't filled out, and the power numbers aren't there. but Drew Brown from McKenzie has to be a pretty good standout catcher. He's called the games since he's started as a freshmen, yes that's right he calls his own games. Not to mention he's caught some pretty good pitching with Drew Hayes being arguably the best pitcher in the state, but certainly in west tenn. if he fills out more (as he will) body wise, and will work hard at the offensive side, he'll be a solid pickup in 2 years for any college team.

I agree that Brown is going to be a very good catcher in the future. Well, he's already very good. He'll only get better!! Drew Hayes is also a very talented athlete. I don't think he's close to being the best pitcher in the state though.There are some very good pitchers across the state this year. A good deal of lefties too. They always get the edge. Hayes throws as hard as anyone though. He's just not very polished in my opinion, but the potential is there.

Edited by wes_c_addle

I agree that Brown is going to be a very good catcher in the future. Well, he's already very good. He'll only get better!! Drew Hayes is also a very talented athlete. I don't think he's close to being the best pitcher in the state though.There are some very good pitchers across the state this year. A good deal of lefties too. They always get the edge. Hayes throws as hard as anyone though. He's just not very polished in my opinion, but the potential is there.

Yeah, Hayes is very good, but I can think of a few in the West that are better pitchers. They might not throw as hard, they just know more about how to pitch. I don't know enough about Brown to comment.

Edited by dirtyfrank

Yeah, Hayes is very good, but I can think of a few in the West that are better pitchers. They might not throw as hard, they just know more about how to pitch. I don't know enough about Brown to comment.

That's all I was saying. I've made the same observation in the few times I've seen Hayes pitch. As for Brown, he's a very talented catcher. Look out in a couple of years!! In years past, Hayes might have been the best pitcher in West TN just on stuff, but this is a strong pitching year. Look at Mathis at Covington, White at Milan, Gant at USJ, and some others.