District 3AAA Who will win the tourney?

deviledhornet

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a sneaky feeling Halls will bounce back and claim numero uno. Mr Lockwood looked like his old self on the mound tonight against Jeff Co. Lucas slammed #16. Lance Campbell and Zack Lawson are red hot at the plate at the moment.

Central & Karns will be tough but I like my Debils to kick it up a notch and in a short series this senior led team will be very hard to beat.

Play Ball!!! :thumb:

Central seems to be on a roll. Playing at Bill Meyer gives them a big advantage over the teams like Halls that like to pound the long ball. I think it will ultimately come down to pitching and timely line drive hitting. Newcombe & Nipper have had good seasons for Central. Lockwood & Lawson are a good one two punch for Halls. Patterson has been a hoss for Karns. Key game Halls @ Karns. Aces should match up here Karns beat Halls 6-5 last time out on four straight bunts. Expect Halls to tighten up the defense and play like they did the first time around against Karns.

Overall the key to me is which team is really ready to play and keep the intensity up 1 thru 9. Usually the bottom of the order of each team gets magnified at tournament time and I think Halls has better depth throughout the lineup. So my edge goes to the Red Devils.

Prediction Halls #1, Central #2

Being from district 4AAA, I really don't know much about many of these teams in the district, but from the past I've realized that regardless how much Halls may have struggled in the season (with only 3 losses I don't think that's struggling too much), they still will be a huge threat to win the district tournament. My pick is definitely for them to win it, probably with Karns coming in 2nd.

I think Halls has a great chance of winning this tourney. They have the pitching and the bats, the only question is if there defense will show up and play like they know how too. I also believe that Central has a deeper pitching staff and will have a better shot of winning this than Karns. Karns plays fundamentally sound, but I don't think they have the pitching depth to carry them through this tourney.

My pick Halls vs. Central in the championship game and Halls winning a classic.

Good luck to all.

Who would be the most at risk not throwing their ace in the first game?

I think Halls will be at most risk of not throwing Lockwood against Clinton on Thursday at Karns. The first time Clinton played Halls they threw Lockwood and beat Clinton into the ground. The second time they played @ Clinton, they threw I think Lawson and Clinton won 3-1. Halls may have not hit as well when they played us, but I think they will throw Lockwood to ensure them a first round win.

Good point CHS nobody can be taken lightly at tourney time. Didn't Bubba Owens only allow two hits and one run in that game. That game with the shock loss to Powell at home knocked Halls from the top spot to number three in the district this year.

Any thing can happen in a short series good luck to all but especially my Devils.

I think Halls will be at most risk of not throwing Lockwood against Clinton on Thursday at Karns. The first time Clinton played Halls they threw Lockwood and beat Clinton into the ground. The second time they played @ Clinton, they threw I think Lawson and Clinton won 3-1. Halls may have not hit as well when they played us, but I think they will throw Lockwood to ensure them a first round win.

[/quote

Lockwood will not start against Clinton. The loss to Clinton had absolutely nothing to do with poor pitching. Zach pitched a great game and only gave up one earned run and 5 hits in a 3-1 loss. We had 4 errors in that game and we did not hit the ball. No matter who is on the hill for the Devils, if we score 24 runs like we did in the first meeting, it won't matter who is pitching. Look for someone other than #24 on the mound. Phibbs or Lawson will get the call in this game, you can almost bet we are not going to put our ace on the mound unless we are in trouble and I don't see that happening. :blink:

Devils win big tonight over Clinton 17-1. We hit,pitched and fielded very well. This was just the type of game we needed to work on a few things and get everything ironed out before Saturday's game with Karns. Don't look now but its tourney time and the Devils look good. Look for the Beavers to get a good dose of #24 on Saturday.