District 3AAA Who will win the tourney?

deviledhornet

Halls no doubt layed it on us last night. They hit very well, and their defense didn't do too bad (when we put the ball in play). I think our team underestimated Halls pitching outside of Lockwood. Phibbs did an excellent job on the mound for Halls.

The Halls and Karns matchup at 3:30 @ Karns should be an excellent game. Karns threw Henry last night against West, so Halls will probably see Patterson. I'm not sure if Halls will throw Lock, but if they did it would be a great pitcher match-up.

West and Clinton play the game before that at 1:00 @ Karns. This should be a pretty good game. Clinton has beat West twice this season, but both were very close games and one of them even went into extra innings. Should be two pretty good games on Saturday (if the rain holds out), great game at 3:30.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also @ 3:30 at Bill Meyer Central will play Powell. Central handled CC pretty good with Nipper on the hill. Powell won in the bottom of the 7th against OR on a pass ball. Andrew Green started for Powell and then Brad Pressley came in, so I dont know who Powell will throw. If they throw Daniel Evans then Central might take this one easily due to the fact that they have already seen him. Central will throw Frank Newcomb and then probably throw by committee on Tuesday against the Karns winner.

Don't look now but the Devils are peeking at the right time. Halls beats Central 13-3 in 6 innings. Zach Lawson pitched a great game and Trey Lucas is at again with two bombs, including a grand slam, in a tough park to hit one out of at Bill Meyer. Defense was solid and everyone in the line-up hit the ball well to help advance the Devils to the championship game against either Central or Karns. Everyone has been down on us but we are playing as well as anyone around and are poised to make a run back to state. Good Luck Guys. Keep it up.

Don't look now but the Devils are peeking at the right time. Halls beats Central 13-3 in 6 innings. Zach Lawson pitched a great game and Trey Lucas is at again with two bombs, including a grand slam, in a tough park to hit one out of at Bill Meyer. Defense was solid and everyone in the line-up hit the ball well to help advance the Devils to the championship game against either Central or Karns. Everyone has been down on us but we are playing as well as anyone around and are poised to make a run back to state. Good Luck Guys. Keep it up.

Gee whiz - what have you been feeding Trey this year? He hit two out at Helton-Ridley? About the only park tougher to hit it out of than Helton-Ridley is Yellowstone. :thumb:

I knew that Halls was too good not to make a serious run come tourney time. They and Farragut are always the teams to beat, no matter what has happened in the regular season.

So, who pitched for Karns against Central tonight? Lee Henry threw 10 innings yesterday, so he couldn't come back tonight.

Gee whiz - what have you been feeding Trey this year? He hit two out at Helton-Ridley? About the only park tougher to hit it out of than Helton-Ridley is Yellowstone. :lol:

I knew that Halls was too good not to make a serious run come tourney time. They and Farragut are always the teams to beat, no matter what has happened in the regular season.

So, who pitched for Karns against Central tonight? Lee Henry threw 10 innings yesterday, so he couldn't come back tonight.

Yeah he hit two out. One was to straight away center and the other was to left center. He had a third one if not for a great play in center by Sean Adkins who climbed the fence in center and made an unbeliveable play. I don't know what Trey has been eating but I hope he keeps doing it for about 3 more weeks