Classification changes

Indian

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you are saying. I guess I was just talking more about Middle TN. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Maryville and I have watched them in the state champ. games and I do believe that they can compete with anyone.

However in Middle Tn. it is obvious that teams that drop down to 4A win more than they lose and the ones that have to move up lose more than they win.

Kenwood 5A 1-9 and 0-10 move to 4A 8-2

Columbia 4A wins at least 6 or more each year they move to 5A they win 3

Hillwood 4A undefeated a few years back this past year 1 win and fire the coach

Clarksville 5A they did make playoffs one year other than that not very good

last year in 4a they finish 2nd in region

Northeast 4A they win 6 or more 5A lucky to win one

Henry Co. 5A 1 or 2 wins 4A they win 8

Hillsboro and Melrose were both in 5A and went out in first round

These are just a few. It took me a long time looking at all the schedules and seeing who was 4A and 5A

I am sure there are more.

ONce again, I am not ripping on Maryville. Heck, I would hate for our little school to have to play them. Well, maybe not, if we were playing Maryville, it would be for the state.

You can also go back to AAA when there was just 3 classifications and how may teams that are now 4A competed year in and year out with the ones that are 5A

When did Northeast win 6+ games???? They have been terrible for awhile now.

If it's Clarksville Northeast, they went 7-4 in 2004. Last year they were 1-9, with their only win against 1-9 Independence.

and they got those 7 wins in 4A. That is what I was trying to say. I was never doubting Maryville. It is much tougher throughout the whole schedule in 5A. Those schools all prove it.

When did Northeast win 6+ games???? They have been terrible for awhile now.

wrong they won 7 in 2004

• 2 weeks later...

One of the interesting ones in our area I saw was Marion County dropping under 500 from 521 to 478 and of course Sequatchie County going from 517 to 578.

I looked up a couple of the area teams' enrollments. Grundy County is is usually one of the lowest among 3A football teams in the area, not counting Polk, etc, that moved up on their own. Grundy had 662 in this latest list, I expect Sequatchie to pass that easily and be in 3A in football. The elementary school had their 4th grade graduation today and it was a huge number, every upcoming class is like that, starting with 200+ in the 9th grade this fall. I'd guess the enrollment this fall will be maybe 625, before any dropouts (hopefully not many for reasons of course that have nothing to do with sports).

Edited by Indian

what region in 5a would maryville be in? gesh i hope it isnt with us (Bradley Central) we already play hard enough teams

I would say it will continue to be a Knoxville-Cleveland-Chattanooga 5A group, which would include Maryville. That's unless any 4A around Chattanooga move up, that could place those schools around Chattanooga in one region but it would probably take at least 5. I read Walker Valley, 4A at least for now, is now only 50 behind McMinn County, a 5A school, if WV keeps growing they could be in 5A. That might give a region of Ooltewah, Soddy-Daisy, Bradley, McMinn County and Walker Valley.

Edited by Indian