7-AAA Final Regular Season Standings

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David how is warren co ahead of siegel when siegel has a better record against oakland?

Huh?

Oakland, Siegel and Warren Co all finished 7-7

So, the first tie-breaker is head-to-head

Oakland - swept by both Siegel and Warren Co (0-4)

Siegel - swept Oakland and split with Warren Co (3-1)

Warren Co - swept Oakland and split with Siegel (3-1)

So Oakland finished 5th

Next Tie-breaker - how they did from top seed down

Riverdale - swept them both

Blackman - they both split

Oakland - they both swept

Lebanon - Warren Co split with them but Siegel was swept by the Blue Devils

So....

Warren Co 3 and Siegel 4

It is going to be a very interesting district tournament, I hope the Daily news Journal covers it. I can not believe they did not have any score in the paper from last night's games, except for Riverdale's score which was probably the least significant seeing that they had already clinched first place. What kind of newspaper does not cover the high school games in it's own city. what a disgrace.

Congratulations to Blackman for claiming second place in a competitive district and Breaking the school record for wins in a season

It is going to be a very interesting district tournament, I hope the Daily news Journal covers it. I can not believe they did not have any score in the paper from last night's games, except for Riverdale's score which was probably the least significant seeing that they had already clinched first place. What kind of newspaper does not cover the high school games in it's own city. what a disgrace.

Congratulations to Blackman for claiming second place in a competitive district and Breaking the school record for wins in a season

Look for this letter in your local paper soon:

As several writers have eloquently noted, our local paper’s quality and timeliness has seemed to diminish in the past several weeks. I understand my local paper no longer having its own printing press is a major factor in this change. A local paper not having its own printing press just amazes me. Dutton Peabody, the Editor of the Shinbone Star, had his own printing press!

With apologies in advance to my GREAT English teacher at Smyrna High School, Mrs. Tyler, please allow me to ‘conjugate the noun’ NewsPaper. It contains the adjective NEWS and the noun PAPER. Let’s take a closer look at that adjective and noun. First, the adjective NEWS. With what seems to be a deadline now of around 8:00pm or so, the PAPER that arrives the next morning seems to be lacking a lot of NEWS (and Sports for that matter – a lot of games START around 7:00pm or so…) If a NEWS story takes place on a Monday around 8:30pm or so (a gunfight in a local bar, a large zeppelin crashing into our courthouse or a cholera outbreak) it won’t be in our local paper’s headlines until Wednesday morning. (At least our local paper will never have a “Dewey Wins!" headline.) As a ‘workaround’, it seems the DNJ’s ‘answer’ is to put ‘late news and sports’ on their web-page. That gets us to the noun PAPER. Isn’t that what you get in your driveway each morning or pick up to read on your way to the office? A newsPAPER? And don’t you make that purchase to read things like what happened the night before or how M.T.S.U. or your local high school (years ago, even little league) team did the night before?

May I suggest our local paper goes back to an afternoon edition? That may give our great local writers a chance to get their work into our local paper in a timely manner. Or better yet, get them a printing press so they can see their fine work on the media it is intended for, PAPER. (I don’t think the price of our local paper went down with all the savings it may be trying to accomplish by not having their own printing press?)

Huh?

Oakland, Siegel and Warren Co all finished 7-7

So, the first tie-breaker is head-to-head

Oakland - swept by both Siegel and Warren Co (0-4)

Siegel - swept Oakland and split with Warren Co (3-1)

Warren Co - swept Oakland and split with Siegel (3-1)

So Oakland finished 5th

Next Tie-breaker - how they did from top seed down

Riverdale - swept them both

Blackman - they both split

Oakland - they both swept

Lebanon - Warren Co split with them but Siegel was swept by the Blue Devils

So....

Warren Co 3 and Siegel 4

sorry limbaugh i was looking at it wrong. thanks for the clarification. good luck to all

Treadway is definitely making use of all the talent he has over there at Blackman. This is going to be a very interesting tournament, and I'm going out on a limb and saying that Riverdale will not win it. I have my thoughts on who will, but I'll keep that information disclosed because it will stir up so much hatred on these boards between the young-guns.

I think you need to cut the DNJ some slack for Wednesday night. Reason ... they were honoring 200 or so high school athletes at their annual banquet, which was scheduled for a night in which there were no games scheduled prior to the rain outs on Tuesday.

As a media person, deadlines are deadlines. Do you have to like them? No. But, if you don't meet them, you don't have a product. The deadlines are not conducive to night events, but it affects the City Council or County Commission meetings just like it does high school sports.

I think you need to cut the DNJ some slack for Wednesday night. Reason ... they were honoring 200 or so high school athletes at their annual banquet, which was scheduled for a night in which there were no games scheduled prior to the rain outs on Tuesday.

As a media person, deadlines are deadlines. Do you have to like them? No. But, if you don't meet them, you don't have a product. The deadlines are not conducive to night events, but it affects the City Council or County Commission meetings just like it does high school sports.

I'm trying not to rant and rave but here is my opinion on this. People pay for your product so that mean you(newspaper) needs to do the best you can to satisfy your customer. I know good and well the deadline for sports stories can not be at 8 o'clock most sporting events whether it be junior pro, middle school, high school college or pro do not start before 6:30 7 o'clock. So if the deadline was at 8 there would never be a story. I dont think an 8 o'clock deadline for sports is conducive to having an efficient newspaper. Secondly I understand they were covering the banquet but you can not convince me that every reporter in the sports department was covering the banquet. As a matter of fact only Josh Beasly and Josh Ezell have articles in today's paper about the banquet. Last time I checked that was part of being a journalist you cover what's most important that evening, right or wrong?Some thing s I expect I'm sorry.

When I get home from work on Thursday I expect my trash to be picked up, When I go to Church on Sunday I expect my preacher to give me a sermon that will help me become a better Christian, When I go to McDonalds I expect hot fries and Burger that will not give me food poisoning. Just like the people who pay me to do my job expect me to do what they are paying me for.I expect the local newspaper to give me up to date news about what's going on in the community. I truly believe the baseball games last night were one of the two most important sports things to happen in Rutherford County last night but they were not covered by the newspaper. So