7-AAA Final Regular Season Standings

davidlimbaugh

Again, respectfully, I would say that their entire sports department, except for those who were working in the office, was at the banquet last night. The folks writing the stories -- the Joshes -- couldn't write and present the awards also. I'd also say that most of the important newsroom people were at the banquet -- editor, news editors, publisher, etc. I've been a part of those type banquets and your staff is always well-represented.

When you have put the planning into the all-sports banquet that they have over the past few months, it's very hard to change your plans in a blink of an eye because Tuesday's games were rained out. Should the games have been covered? Probably. But a major event like the all-sports banquet will always take priority -- unfortunately -- over a live event that there was no guarantees that would even happen (could have been more rain outs yesterday, right at game time).

I'm trying not to rant and rave but here is my opinion on this. People pay for your product so that mean you(newspaper) needs to do the best you can to satisfy your customer. I know good and well the deadline for sports stories can not be at 8 o'clock most sporting events whether it be junior pro, middle school, high school college or pro do not start before 6:30 7 o'clock. So if the deadline was at 8 there would never be a story. I dont think an 8 o'clock deadline for sports is conducive to having an efficient newspaper. Secondly I understand they were covering the banquet but you can not convince me that every reporter in the sports department was covering the banquet. As a matter of fact only Josh Beasly and Josh Ezell have articles in today's paper about the banquet. Last time I checked that was part of being a journalist you cover what's most important that evening, right or wrong?Some thing s I expect I'm sorry.

When I get home from work on Thursday I expect my trash to be picked up, When I go to Church on Sunday I expect my preacher to give me a sermon that will help me become a better Christian, When I go to McDonalds I expect hot fries and Burger that will not give me food poisoning. Just like the people who pay me to do my job expect me to do what they are paying me for.I expect the local newspaper to give me up to date news about what's going on in the community. I truly believe the baseball games last night were one of the two most important sports things to happen in Rutherford County last night but they were not covered by the newspaper. So

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, respectfully, I would say that their entire sports department, except for those who were working in the office, was at the banquet last night. The folks writing the stories -- the Joshes -- couldn't write and present the awards also. I'd also say that most of the important newsroom people were at the banquet -- editor, news editors, publisher, etc. I've been a part of those type banquets and your staff is always well-represented.

When you have put the planning into the all-sports banquet that they have over the past few months, it's very hard to change your plans in a blink of an eye because Tuesday's games were rained out. Should the games have been covered? Probably. But a major event like the all-sports banquet will always take priority -- unfortunately -- over a live event that there was no guarantees that would even happen (could have been more rain outs yesterday, right at game time).

With that being said and me going be and looking and noticing that it ws the DNJ's banquet I can accept that. Granted I still think the Paper's coverage of local sports is not where it should be I can accept that last night's games were not covered after your explanation

Treadway probably should be coach of the yr.

I agree. It either has to be Treadway or Powers. Powers took a team that many predicted not even to finish first in the district to a perfect 14-0 record. Something that has never been done before.

Any word on who made all district

If I had to make an all district team I believe I would pick it like this...

C) Sr. Bratcher, Warren Co.

1B) Sr. Roden, Siegel

2B) Undecided

SS) Sr. Powers, Riverdale

3B) Jr. Cole, Blackman

OF) Jr. Hunter, Riverdale

OF) Jr. Polk, Oakland

OF) Jr. Skinner, Riverdale

P) Sr. Killian, Warren Co.

P) Sr. Choate, Riverdale

P) Jr. Barnes, Oakland

P) Sr. Woods, Riverdale

P) Sr. Roberts, Siegel

Edited by 4-6-3

Huh?

Oakland, Siegel and Warren Co all finished 7-7

So, the first tie-breaker is head-to-head

Oakland - swept by both Siegel and Warren Co (0-4)

Siegel - swept Oakland and split with Warren Co (3-1)

Warren Co - swept Oakland and split with Siegel (3-1)

So Oakland finished 5th

Next Tie-breaker - how they did from top seed down

Riverdale - swept them both

Blackman - they both split

Oakland - they both swept

Lebanon - Warren Co split with them but Siegel was swept by the Blue Devils

So....

Warren Co 3 and Siegel 4

It should not matter how Warren Co and Siegel did against a team that finished below them. Bad tie breaker rule. It should come down to run differential between the two teams during their two games against each other.

It should not matter how Warren Co and Siegel did against a team that finished below them. Bad tie breaker rule. It should come down to run differential between the two teams during their two games against each other.

ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

Someone above this says it well. This is BASEBALL. It only matters if you win or lose - not by how many you win or lose by.

Edited by davidlimbaugh

ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

Someone above this says it well. This is BASEBALL. It only matters if you win or lose - not by how many you win or lose by.

DEFINITELY WRONG.

I do not need to be reminded on what sport we are talking about. They are tied because they have the same record. That is why you need a tie breaker. Why bring Lebanon into it? Because they finished 6th? C'mon David, it is a bad tie breaker rule. Admit it.