Is it RHS staff or players? why do you doubt them?

Why does everyone doubt RHS? is it because they have lost most of their coaches? Or is just strictly cuz they lost key offensive players at the end of the 05 season? And when you reply if you believe that its the lost talent< then lets not forget RHS freshman team 2 years ago( that means they will be juniors in the 06 season) that were the lions bowl champs and that means they defeated most of yalls sophmores that will be juniors next year- but everyone knows its comin down to 3 teams-RHS, SHS, LHS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone doubt RHS? is it because they have lost most of their coaches?

I think they will be down (10-3) because of both reasons. They lost Miller, Butler, Stevenson, the entire OL, and Smith. In addition, they lost a large amount of their coaching staff. They will not lose games they shouldn't. If they have more talent... they will win. My early prediction is they beat Siegel, Oakland, Blackman, LaVergne, Lebanon, Wilson Central, and all the teams that they have better players than. They lose to Smyrna, the Ohio Team, and a team in the playoffs.

I am more interested in seeing how the players respond to the new coaching staff.

I think they will be down (10-3) because of both reasons. They lost Miller, Butler, Stevenson, the entire OL, and Smith. In addition, they lost a large amount of their coaching staff. They will not lose games they shouldn't. If they have more talent... they will win. My early prediction is they beat Siegel, Oakland, Blackman, LaVergne, Lebanon, Wilson Central, and all the teams that they have better players than. They lose to Smyrna, the Ohio Team, and a team in the playoffs.

I am more interested in seeing how the players respond to the new coaching staff.

Thank god there is someone with some sense about themselves. In some aspects, i comepletely agree with you. Despite all the crap LHS talks i believe RHS will beat them but it will be an ok game. Im not sure about the out come of the game with the ohio team cuz i dont know how they play. But the RHS vs. SHS will be a toss up and will be anything but a blow out. If RHS bust their butts then they may make it to the 2nd round of the play-offs. And from what my classmates say their adjusting pretty good to coach A and the wing T

Why does everyone doubt RHS? is it because they have lost most of their coaches? Or is just strictly cuz they lost key offensive players at the end of the 05 season? And when you reply if you believe that its the lost talent< then lets not forget RHS freshman team 2 years ago( that means they will be juniors in the 06 season) that were the lions bowl champs and that means they defeated most of yalls sophmores that will be juniors next year- but everyone knows its comin down to 3 teams-RHS, SHS, LHS

I don't see it as doubt so much as I see it as others are trying to psych themselves up. This time of year every team sees itself 15-0 at the end of the season. Thing is only R'dale seems to do it!

R'dale has always had the 'psych' edge on every team it has played. It shows when they take the field. They "KNOW" they are winners and then they prove it to the other teams. This year the others 'think' they have the edge as Coach Rankin and others have left. Thing is they forget it is the players that win games.

Now R'dale just has to go out and PROVE it to the other teams that they have NOT lost their edge.

I am going out next week and try to watch a little practice and see for myself what they are doing. Yes there is a new offensive plan, but the players are smart enough to learn it and use it to the max of their abilities.

Will R'dale be undefeated this year? I honestly do not know, but I wouldn't want to bet against them either!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

well they are doubting us because they sense a little weakness losing so many and coach Rankin every feels they better get us this year if they dont it will be a long time before they will get us

I don't see it as doubt so much as I see it as others are trying to psych themselves up. This time of year every team sees itself 15-0 at the end of the season. Thing is only R'dale seems to do it!

R'dale has always had the 'psych' edge on every team it has played. It shows when they take the field. They "KNOW" they are winners and then they prove it to the other teams. This year the others 'think' they have the edge as Coach Rankin and others have left. Thing is they forget it is the players that win games.

Smyrna has a big monkey on their back and he's waving a tomahawk. I don't care how good they are, they can't win this one. They could go farther in the playoffs, but head to head they can't do it

Guys..... Do I need to remind you all of the dynasty Gallatin had in the 80's and early 90's? Very comparable to the Riverdale one. Also, legend Calvin Short packed his bags one day. His record at the other schools at which he has coached.... Phenomenal. So I ask you, can one coach be THAT good? I say yes. Can 6 or seven coaches leaving at once be THAT bad? I say yes. But still, I think the nail in the coffin will be the wing-t offense. No one ever has immediate succes with it, and not a whole lot more than that even afterward. You guys are really really gonna hate that thing when it gets there. It's like the black plague. Everyone is gonna suffer.

Good thoughts,

Ole Dad

Guys..... Do I need to remind you all of the dynasty Gallatin had in the 80's and early 90's? Very comparable to the Riverdale one. Also, legend Calvin Short packed his bags one day. His record at the other schools at which he has coached.... Phenomenal. So I ask you, can one coach be THAT good? I say yes. Can 6 or seven coaches leaving at once be THAT bad? I say yes. But still, I think the nail in the coffin will be the wing-t offense. No one ever has immediate succes with it, and not a whole lot more than that even afterward. You guys are really really gonna hate that thing when it gets there. It's like the black plague. Everyone is gonna suffer.

I talked to several Gallatin folk who echoed exactly what you said.....

I lived in gallatin at that time early 80s with goo baby and td woods i was there in 82 when Lincoln county beat us what a game i left in 85 the summer prior to my freshman year and went to Riverdale upon my arrival i had to learn a new offense and that was the wing T so we have run it here it just that we havent ran it since rankin has been here i am not a fan of it but i will support it and my team all the way thru