Who will win 1A Mr Football

timbdp

Two guys in West TN who should be considered are

Back: Brandon Springer from Lake County. He rushed for 1,422 yards and 19 TD's as a So. and 1,092 yards and 24 TD's last year as a Jr. Two time TFCA and TSWA 1st Team All-State, 2004 Region 8-1A Offensive MVP as well as 2005 second team All-West TN by Jackson Sun.

Lineman: Kevin Copelin Lake Co., 2005 Region 7-1A Defensive MVP with 73 tackles, 14 for loss yardage and 4 sacks. 1st team TSWA All-State 2005. 2004 had 60 tackles, 12 for loss and 2 sacks. He was 2004 All-Region as a So.

Both of these guys are great players and have a chance to play at the next level.

Edited by wardawg2038

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back-justin smith of gordonsville........almost1000 yds passing and about that rushing.also,rickaway from fcs

lineman-justin sims.....gaurd for g-ville...played on the d-line last year,will play both sides this year,he is fast and effective.he is 6'2 205 and runs a 5.2 forty.

wow those are bigs words. let him prove it on the field first. If Rod doesnt get hurt MP pretty much plays in the state championship game. and a 4.7 LB is not going to catch Marco who will probably win Mr. Football 1A the next two years.

now THOSE are big words, i hope rod doesn't hurt his back carrying the rest of the team to state. consecutive mr football titles? EVEN BIGGER WORDS!!!!! :thumb::huh::)

Edited by snoball5278

....gaurd for g-ville...played on the d-line last year,will play both sides this year,he is fast and effective.he is 6'2 205 and runs a 5.2 forty.

5.2 IS slow for any one 6'2 and 200 lbs but, maybe that's fast for a gaUrd in gville :thumb: hope he's worked on conditioning like a mad man if he's just starting to play iron man ball, if not by the 2nd half he may start losing some of that blinding speed :):):huh:

Edited by snoball5278

I did not say he was slow, I was simply stating his forty time which as you know does not always translate on the football field. He is probably one of the best 1a running backs in the state just as vestal is one of the best 1a linebackers in the state. It should be a great scrimmage, I'm looking forward to seeing Mt. Pleasant play.

When and where is the scrimmage?

Rod will not hurt is back. He is a senior and will not be back next year. Rod hurt his knee last year aganist Cornersville and missed the last 4 games. MP won all but the Jo Byrns game. One of the best games all sesaon.

Marco had the ability to win back to bak Mr Footballs. As a Freshman he rushed for 483 yards and 10 TD. He played behind a 1,300 yard back in Theo Fennessee. As a Spohomore he rushed for 1971 yards and 30 TD. If I remember correctly he did not play the whole second half of 4 to 5 games. If he had not been a Sophomore last season he would have been a finalist for the award last year.

I do beleive that everyone who has seen him play would say he is one good back?

Edited by wholder