Who will win Mr Football kicker

timbdp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is very accurate...he has more misses this year bc i think 3 have been blocked and he has had to change snappers AND holders every year since he has been in school so thats always a challenge, but when he gets guys doing the right thing he's lights out. Also perfect on PAT's this year (second time in his career).

Different holder each year, same snapper for 3 years.

I think his kickoffs are higher and deeper this year. Can say the samething about his punts. Plus he is good at moveing around on punts, he has saved the snapper I know 3 times this year.

I don't know if KO and punts play into it or is it just points scored??

Different holder each year, same snapper for 3 years.

I think his kickoffs are higher and deeper this year. Can say the samething about his punts. Plus he is good at moveing around on punts, he has saved the snapper I know 3 times this year.

I don't know if KO and punts play into it or is it just points scored??

I think they look at it all - but the vote is based on regular season and is already done so nothing he does now comes into play as far as voting. I think one of the most important things Josh does for us - other than scoring all those points - is kick the ball in the endzone on kickoffs. I would bet no one in the state is close to 40 of 51 touchback's.

I think they look at it all - but the vote is based on regular season and is already done so nothing he does now comes into play as far as voting. I think one of the most important things Josh does for us - other than scoring all those points - is kick the ball in the endzone on kickoffs. I would bet no one in the state is close to 40 of 51 touchback's.

I don't know how many times O'Connor kicked off, but I'd be willing to say that he only had 2 or 3 kickoffs not go into the endzone. On several occasions he has been good at putting the ball through the uprights on kickoffs and had a 56 yard field goal to his name. I think he had 7 fgs over 50 yards this year, making 4, having 2 blocked and one missing to the right or left. I don't think he'll win it because not much has been said about him, but he's definately deserving.

O'Connor sounds like a good kicker from all I have seen on here. Not saying what has been said on here about him is not true, but I would really like to see some OFFICIAL stats on him rather than what was just observed at the games. If I were trying to remember how many times Josh had not kicked into the end zone this year I would not have come up with 11! But, because I am the one writing it all down and am able to go back and look at each game, 40 of 51 kickoffs for touchback's is the accurate stat!

I agree with you that the lack of publicity may hurt O'Connor but I also think unless your stats are overwhelming, a lot of who wins depends on what area the sportswriters that show up to vote are from!

O'Connor sounds like a good kicker from all I have seen on here. Not saying what has been said on here about him is not true, but I would really like to see some OFFICIAL stats on him rather than what was just observed at the games. If I were trying to remember how many times Josh had not kicked into the end zone this year I would not have come up with 11! But, because I am the one writing it all down and am able to go back and look at each game, 40 of 51 kickoffs for touchback's is the accurate stat!

I agree with you that the lack of publicity may hurt O'Connor but I also think unless your stats are overwhelming, a lot of who wins depends on what area the sportswriters that show up to vote are from!

Oh, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'd put the stats down if I had them, but I neither know O'Connor nor am close to the staff at Halls either, so I'm kinda at a loss..

• 3 weeks later...