Riverdale v. Siegel

DIP-BOY003

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking with someone at the game, and we agreed that Hunter is a good "put it out of reach hitter" the second we said that he hit a 2 run blast. Stay up on Riverdale, and he will not be much of a threat, alot of fly balls. Don't be afraid to throw him in occasionally, back him off that plate. When that kid gets to College, they're going to jam him up all the time if he doesn't back off slightly. You can't live there at the next level. Great game all around. Riverdale had the big inning, and that's all it takes. This one could have gone either way, but Riverdal was fortunate it went their way, because had Siegel won, they would have been unstopable in game two of the match up. Great season Stars. You seniors are my boys. I'm happy for all those playing at the next level. I'm proud of you guys.

I was talking with someone at the game, and we agreed that Hunter is a good "put it out of reach hitter" the second we said that he hit a 2 run blast. Stay up on Riverdale, and he will not be much of a threat, alot of fly balls. Don't be afraid to throw him in occasionally, back him off that plate. When that kid gets to College, they're going to jam him up all the time if he doesn't back off slightly. You can't live there at the next level. Great game all around. Riverdale had the big inning, and that's all it takes. This one could have gone either way, but Riverdal was fortunate it went their way, because had Siegel won, they would have been unstopable in game two of the match up. Great season Stars. You seniors are my boys. I'm happy for all those playing at the next level. I'm proud of you guys.

Im going to respectfully disagree with you on hunter he is a solid hitter he CAN hit the inside pitch but they dont pitch him inside wonder why? becasue he smashes it most teams pitch him outside and he doesa good job of going with a pitch now i dont know if he can hit on the next level but i know he is a reall good high school hitter and he gets better and better everyday

just curious why would siegel been unstoppable in the second game but they werent in the first game when their season was on the line? I think siegel gave us their best effort and i do agree we were fortunate to come out on top

First off the bunt that was laid and third baseman Tobitt fielded cleanly and threw the ball to second ended up having little effect after the triple by Lanning (sp). I think the kid tryed to make the big time out and got the short end of the stick. He's a big time player just wasn't thinking of getting an out. The triple was clutch and would have put them up 4-3 or so. The HR really put it out of reach for the Stars. Two times this year Hunter has come up HUGE with a late homerun in the 6th or 7th against Siegel. Both of off Joshua McKenzie.

Im going to respectfully disagree with you on hunter he is a solid hitter he CAN hit the inside pitch but they dont pitch him inside wonder why? becasue he smashes it most teams pitch him outside and he doesa good job of going with a pitch now i dont know if he can hit on the next level but i know he is a reall good high school hitter and he gets better and better everyday

just curious why would siegel been unstoppable in the second game but they werent in the first game when their season was on the line? I think siegel gave us their best effort and i do agree we were fortunate to come out on top

siegel would have been unstoppable because when they get momentum, it's like they are ten times a better team... i've known that from watching them for three years. winning a game against riverdale would deffinetely add momentum.

i believe siegel would have had a much better shot had woods not come in. he is as dominating as killian, roberts, choate, and barnes in my opinion.

siegel would have been unstoppable because when they get momentum, it's like they are ten times a better team... i've known that from watching them for three years. winning a game against riverdale would deffinetely add momentum.

i believe siegel would have had a much better shot had woods not come in. he is as dominating as killian, roberts, choate, and barnes in my opinion.

when siegel took the lead in the 6th didnt they have all the momentum then? Like i said i will respectfully disagree with you

A one run lead is momentum, yes, but they had to go to the field with a pitcher with 5 innings of work already in the game. Had they won, they would have played today, just another days rest for Roberts. It's all over and done with, but I think once again, for the 2nd year in a row, Siegel was one win away from a state tournement birth. If they beat Riverdale, then blcakman, and the region for that matter might as well already be in the books, because of the confidence they would have generated. Their year is coming. I believe the ONLY difference between Riverdale and Siegel, is Riverdale's confidence they had last night, and this whole season for that matter. Without it, they're middle pack, and get 4 or 5 district losses this year. But they do have that confidence, and I'm happy for them. Now they have to keep it. They lose it, and they may not make it out of the Region, and if they do, they'll go down first round in the State, assuming they win a game for substate.

Check that. They wont lose confidence unless they lose, confidence can turn to cockyness, and they are very close to that now. I'll admit I don't like some of their players. When I look at Siegel I see a group of fine young men who respect the game of baseball. When I look at Riverdale (look, not know them. We're talking strict appearence here) I see arrogence, I see cockyness. I see a group of guys who think they are better than they trully are, like they could take Vanderbilt tomorrow. People enjoy watching men act like men, not men act like children. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't see division one teams knocking down there door, or players getting looks from pro scouts. Yeah Tennessee Tech takes a few, big deal. Scouts look at men. not boys! And I know you're going to say "well if they're boys, what's got them hitting the cover off the ball." Let me tell you, bloops down the right field line is not hitting the cover off the ball, it's called having confidence, and making contact. They've got two hitters, and one walks around like he is the best hitter to come through Murfreesboro. I got news for you kid. You're no Slayden or King. And you've got a long ways to go. That's all I have to say. Now that I've got that off my chest.

Good seasom 7AAA, good luck to Riverdale and Blackman.

Edited by Uncle Argile

A one run lead is momentum, yes, but they had to go to the field with a pitcher with 5 innings of work already in the game. Had they won, they would have played today, just another days rest for Roberts. It's all over and done with, but I think once again, for the 2nd year in a row, Siegel was one win away from a state tournement birth. If they beat Riverdale, then blcakman, and the region for that matter might as well already be in the books, because of the confidence they would have generated. Their year is coming. I believe the ONLY difference between Riverdale and Siegel, is Riverdale's confidence they had last night, and this whole season for that matter. Without it, they're middle pack, and get 4 or 5 district losses this year. But they do have that confidence, and I'm happy for them. Now they have to keep it. They lose it, and they may not make it out of the Region, and if they do, they'll go down first round in the State, assuming they win a game for substate.

So your saying a Siegel team that lost to Riverdale 3 times would make it farther than Riverdale if Siegel had won the game last night? The same Siegel team that finished 9-9 in the district and the same Riverdale team that is 17-0 in the district. That is biased if I have ever seen it. And what difference does it make if Roberts had another days rest. We all saw what Oakland did to him when he had plenty of rest.

the difference 2nd baseman is talent, and quite frankly Siegel has more all around talent. And it might be bias coming from me, but not when it comes from scouts and coaches. Roberts signed with middle.... who do you have that signed with a school of that calibur... signed!!! not walk-ons at Tech. Their other pitcher dominated the district... and He's a FRESHMAN! 4-6-3, Siegel was picked to win the district at the beginning of the year. They didn't because there was a team that played to the best of their ability at that was Riverdale. Why do you think Riverdale was 17-0. What makes them so untouchable... and don't give me stats, give me attributes, then stats to back them up. I didn't see much of anything the 3 times I saw them this year. Enlighten me scoot!

If they have more talent than a 17-0 team then what is your excuse for going 9-9? Sounds like poor coaching to me.

And Choate signed with Tech over MTSU because he is actually getting a scholarship to go to Tech, and he wanted to go there all along for school not baseball. And if Roberts got a scholarship there it isn't much at all but I am pretty sure he did not even receive any scholarship money. I would take Killian, Choate, Barnes, Woods, and even Robinson over Roberts anyday. And I do not mean this in any disrespect to Roberts at all. I hope he goes on and achieves great things, but I personally do not think he has the talent to play at MTSU. But hey my opinion doesn't matter he is signed and I hope he does well.

And you said Siegel was predicted to win the district and did not because Riverdale played to their best of their ability. But it seems if it was just Riverdale that beat them they would have been 12-2 in the regular season. What is your excuse for losing those other 5 games? Did those teams just play to the best of their ability as well? Or is Siegel simply not just the team you build them up to be?

Edited by 4-6-3

Siegel did not play to their ability alot this year. They have a team of talent... it's well known, and they are VERY WELL coached. They are still however, human, and alot of times got beat by teams that were not even the same calibur. They had trouble sparatically through the year with playing team ball. They would go on streaks, and then just lose it for a few games. Riverdale played as a team, and Siegel did not always through out the season, but they are very very capable of doing so. I'm not even sure what my original argument was, just that I think they are a very talented team, one that could have made it to the state, if they played to their best ability, possibly even fought for the title. I think even with Riverdales best, they will hit a brick wall soon.

Edited by Uncle Argile