Marshall County at Loretto

buford

The Marshall County and Loretto games used to be very intence games...finally they are getting back that way...Both teams will be throwing their best tonight it is just going to come down to which one does not allow walks...One team is going to have to step up and hit the ball and make the other team work...Should be a great game, not making any predictions just that it should be CLOSE!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Loretto's expected starter, Senior Mark Lamm, this game could have added meaning. If Marshall wins, then they will earn home field-advantage for the champioship game or games. It could be Lamm's last game at Loretto so he is sure to step and deliever his best pitching and hitting efforts to win home-field advantage for the Mustangs.

It has been interesting to watch Mark develope over the years into an outstanding player. His efforts in the outfield should not be overlooked either as I have seen him make many great catches in center field and throw the runner out at the plate. His bat does his talking as well with many HR's and game-winning hits. Loretto won't be the same without him next season. Good luck at Vanderbilt next season, Mark - I'll try to catch some of your games next season.

What will happen if they cant play tomarrow?? Since Loretto said theit tarp was blown off the field will probally be to wet..So since Marshall's tarp is still on at the moment will they play at Marshall???? This is going to be a very Great game!! Senior vs Sophmore..Lintz out did Lamm last time the two went head to head..Who wins?? Predictions??

Loretto's tarp was only partially blown off and really didn't look too bad. There was standing water around the edge of the field, but if no more rain comes tomorrow, the field will be playable. If there is rain tomorrow, the tournament could be moved to another location if the coaches decide to do so. We'll just have to see what tomorrow brings at this point. It sure was a long way to drive to go to the bathroom and get some Sonic onion rings in Loretto. That's the way it goes - you win some, you lose some, and some get rained out.

this tourney could very well turn into single elimination and mean that Marshall and Loretto play one game for district championship, because according to Channel 2 News the weather aint gonna be too pretty tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

this tourney could very well turn into single elimination and mean that Marshall and Loretto play one game for district championship, because according to Channel 2 News the weather aint gonna be too pretty tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Is it supposed to rain all day or what?

Weather does not look good this morning in Middle TN as there has already been rain in the area. This afternoon an approaching cold front from the north-west will trigger more serious storms. There are radar links on post #3 above. It looks to me like the games will not be played today.

When I talked with Loretto's Coach Gary Lamm yesterday, he said that it was possbile to move both of Tuesday's games to Loretto since Spring Hill's field has no tarp and does not drain well. They would start the Spring Hill/Giles Co. game at 4:00 followed by Loretto/Marshall Co. at 7:00. I suppose that 3 games could be played on Thursday if the start time was moved up to 3:00 with Loretto/Marshall first, followed by Spring Hill/Giles at 5:00, and then loser of Loretto/Marshall vs winner of Spring Hill/Giles at 7:00. This scenario would have the championship game or games on Friday. The problem with playing on Friday is that Loretto's prom is that day. The district tournament is supposed to be completed by Friday, but I suppose it's possible to play on Saturday. The regional tournament is supposed to start on Monday. I'm sure the district coaches will have a meeting if today's games are indeed rained out and they will set the schedule for the remainder of the tournament. I believe that this happened at few years ago when it was decided to send Marshall Co. and Fairview as district representatives to the regional tournament. We'll see what developes today.

Edited by PageMan