Dyersburg vs. Westview

Richards#5

So after the game, the hosting team (martin) leaves so fast that there is no ceremony for all district or all tournament and they just handed our coach the trophy and walked off.... Now i know it was a hard fought game, but is should that be considered bad sportmanship and a bad host on martin's part??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after the game, the hosting team (martin) leaves so fast that there is no ceremony for all district or all tournament and they just handed our coach the trophy and walked off.... Now i know it was a hard fought game, but is should that be considered bad sportmanship and a bad host on martin's part??

now i don't know why there wasn't a ceremony and i was wondering that myself, but let's not accuse others of bad sportsmanship

I say bad host on Martin side but not because of the Westview Players. Both teams deserved to be recognized for their outstanding play. Apparently Westview administration doesn't recognize soccer as a "sport". If it had been football, it would have been a celebration. Dyersburg outplayed Westview and deserved the win. It was a clean, well played game. Don't blame the players for an adminstrative decision, but Dyersburg deserved to be recognized and I thought all-district was always announced at the championship game. Good luck to both teams. Dyersburg should win easily in their next game. Westview better be on their game. Anyone got any predictions on the score of the WV-USJ game?

Fair question though, i would understand if your coach ( your real coach or the one yall cheat with) was mad and just told you to leave or something... I have that happen myself to...... fair question

there will not be a club team next season so Gavin is officially not a club coach, and a letter was sent to TSSAA stating that he was done with club so everything is legal. just want to set everything straight. i don't know why some think that westview cheats with their coaches

Edited by BH2

there will not be a club team next season so Gavin is officially not a club coach, and a letter was sent to TSSAA stating that he was done with club so everything is legal. just want to set everything straight. i don't know why some think that westview cheats with their coaches

Was the club team "Gavin" coached the Westview HS team?

He was yalls coach this fall... the same school year as your high school season... yall's argument is it is not in the same calendar year but the school year isnt either, as far as im concerned, it is cheating, and should be dealt with, it has gone on for at least four years. Not knocking Gavin or old coach Duffy, both are great coaches, but apparently the administration at martin needs to get a grip on things

HAHAH, and the dyersburg traveling team consisted of players from around dyersburg too... but we dont use our coach do we?? Im pretty sure if he coached one of your players, he cant coach the h/s team..... Otherwise, H/S coaches would just coach the same team during the fall

Ummm... You say your "pretty sure" about what you say. So you can't back up what you say with the TSSAA rules? If the team consisted of players all over West Tenn. did the training these players received not benefit their individual school teams that they went back to for HS?