Dyersburg vs. Westview

Richards#5

I say bad host on Martin side but not because of the Westview Players. Both teams deserved to be recognized for their outstanding play. Apparently Westview administration doesn't recognize soccer as a "sport". If it had been football, it would have been a celebration. Dyersburg outplayed Westview and deserved the win. It was a clean, well played game. Don't blame the players for an adminstrative decision, but Dyersburg deserved to be recognized and I thought all-district was always announced at the championship game. Good luck to both teams. Dyersburg should win easily in their next game. Westview better be on their game. Anyone got any predictions on the score of the WV-USJ game?

im tellin you guys, dont under estimate northside, they have good players all over the field and move the ball around very well, i know you might not think they are very good, but they have some very decent players, if anyone was to be upset, northside will be the ones that will do it because everyone is over looking them

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im tellin you guys, dont under estimate northside, they have good players all over the field and move the ball around very well, i know you might not think they are very good, but they have some very decent players, if anyone was to be upset, northside will be the ones that will do it because everyone is over looking them

i dont think wtnkgb is from d-burg I think he is from Madison. nobody at d-burg is overlooking Northside. We know from playing them in districts last year that they are capable and there has always been a big rivalry between us that always is a factor. we will not underestimate them

In all honesty.....quit being a hater dude. Yal know yal got stuck with some X-football coach as your highschool coach hence why he definately wasn't your club coach and Gavin is my boy so stfu mate k thx gg.

everybody likes Gavin and everybody loved Simon. Yeah we are stuck just like most other public schools with whatever coach we get. Westview should be stuck with their coach (Scates) cause that is the way the rule is written and everybody else has to play by the rules. Why is expecting the rules to be followed being a hater?

Once again, if you think Westview has done something wrong, have your coach or A.D. contact them or the TSSAA. This forum is not the place.

Big G-I have become increasingly more respectful of the wisdom and insight you have brought to many of the areas of conflict that often happen in some of this board's areas of discussion. I know I am not alone in that your players and other team's players and parents and many others on these boards share in their esteem for your apparent strength of character and ability to coach soccer and give valuable life lessons to those you coach.

However...why is this forum not the place? There are young people on these boards looking for answers to questions and explanations to what they perseive as a breach of what everybody else believes to be a pretty clear cut rule. These young people are asking an important question-Are or are not the rules supposed to be obeyed?

On occasion you have lashed out at Dyersburg with criticism of us over-scoring and then against our fowards implying their goals aren't worthy of noticebecause we overscore. You have confessed a bias to Westview and you are now intolerant of us discussing this rule about coaches. so I have to ask....

If two of Westview's best players and their father weren't about to become part of the CAK family next year as members of your team and as possibly your future principal would you still be so intolerant of this discussion about Westview's Assistant Coach who also coached most of the team this past fall?

Should we teach and emphasize to our athletes that rules apply to everyone even when it is not going to cause us conflict for standing by our convictions?

If two of Westview's best players and their father weren't about to become part of the CAK family next year as members of your team and as possibly your future principal would you still be so intolerant of this discussion about Westview's Assistant Coach who also coached most of the team this past fall?

If you would referr to the posts I have closed in the past, none of their players or fathers are coming to CAK.

I am not saying that Westview is right or wrong, and if people could discuss this with class I would let it continue. Most do, the minority do not. I also wanted Westview to win, not to get away with something if they did something wrong. I think someone should look into it. Someone who can do something about it.

If lashing out is accusing another program of scoring a high amount of goals against a weaker team, then I guess I have done that. I also apologized when I have gotten "out of line".

I thank you for the way you phrased your question. I am sure that others were wondering the same thing. As far as convincing you that I approached this post just like every other, you can believe what you want.

Big G-I have become increasingly more respectful of the wisdom and insight you have brought to many of the areas of conflict that often happen in some of this board's areas of discussion. I know I am not alone in that your players and other team's players and parents and many others on these boards share in their esteem for your apparent strength of character and ability to coach soccer and give valuable life lessons to those you coach.

However...why is this forum not the place? There are young people on these boards looking for answers to questions and explanations to what they perseive as a breach of what everybody else believes to be a pretty clear cut rule. These young people are asking an important question-Are or are not the rules supposed to be obeyed?

On occasion you have lashed out at Dyersburg with criticism of us over-scoring and then against our fowards implying their goals aren't worthy of noticebecause we overscore. You have confessed a bias to Westview and you are now intolerant of us discussing this rule about coaches. so I have to ask....

Should we teach and emphasize to our athletes that rules apply to everyone even when it is not going to cause us conflict for standing by our convictions?

Big G has a point, dont ask him why nothing has been done about martin's coach, i really dont find it a huge deal, i mean yes we should all follow the rules, but if westview has done what they said about sending the letter to TSSAA then why go on and on about it?... And Big G may have accused you of "overscoring" but lets be real, look at some of the teams we are playing in west TN. dyersburg, we are winning 10-0, 15-0 those sort of games, those are not games that show the quality of your strikers, all it shows is how weak some of the teams we are playing are, madison has done this to several teams also, it proves nothing, so if he questions that we are "overscoring" in some cases yes, but if you have a high scoring game against a good side, then thats a different story(ex: madison vs westview the first time they played 5-3)... not saying madison is better because they scored 5 goals against martin, it just shows sometimes they click really well... Thats all i have to say though, is this discussion is really pointless, because its almost the end of the season, and to be still talking about someone elses coach i think is pointless

Big G has a point, dont ask him why nothing has been done about martin's coach, i really dont find it a huge deal, i mean yes we should all follow the rules, but if westview has done what they said about sending the letter to TSSAA then why go on and on about it?... And Big G may have accused you of "overscoring" but lets be real, look at some of the teams we are playing in west TN. dyersburg, we are winning 10-0, 15-0 those sort of games, those are not games that show the quality of your strikers, all it shows is how weak some of the teams we are playing are, madison has done this to several teams also, it proves nothing, so if he questions that we are "overscoring" in some cases yes, but if you have a high scoring game against a good side, then thats a different story(ex: madison vs westview the first time they played 5-3)... not saying madison is better because they scored 5 goals against martin, it just shows sometimes they click really well... Thats all i have to say though, is this discussion is really pointless, because its almost the end of the season, and to be still talking about someone elses coach i think is pointless

It is never pointless to continue to try to persuade someone to do the right thing. The POINT is that nobody wants to turn in Westview we just want Gavin gone-no questions asked, no repercussions. When you are forced to turn in a team then the players are the one to pay the price. It keeps being discussed because we keep hoping Martin will just do the right thing and get rid of the guy.

To get back to what this thread was started on, I think Dyersburg will take Northside in Regional semis. Northside seems to be playing competitively as of late (barely lost to USJ), but I think Zach, Fern, and David will be too much for them to handle. As for the other matchups, Madison will beat Crockett easily, and I think Westview, even though they didnt show much offensivley in District finals against us, will beat USJ. Their defense seems to have improved a little from when they were getting 5 goals scored on them (Madison), and the Phifer guys won't want their Westview careers to end this early.

Dyersburg 5-2 over North Side

Madison 7-0 over Crockett

Westview 3-1 over USJ

So if Martin were turned into TSSAA Wouldd they be stripped of BOW runner up and be booted out of thir road to state?

dont worry about it kenny, its not something any of us should get into... no body is going to do anything about it because gavin is done coaching travel for good now, and dyersburg keeps going about it, drop it, no one will take action... so everyone just forget about this whole coaching thing, nothing will change and it shouldn't, i know the rules and so does everyone else, fact is he will not be coaching travel again, so just talk about what the forum is made for.... as for me, i think:

madison 8-0 against crockette

usj 2-1 over westview :(

and dyersburg 2-2 with northside and dyersburg will win in either p.k's or extra time