Riverdale, Siegel, Oakland, and Blackman?

Our freshman team last year was loaded. Devon Howse and Blair Jones will take the reigns at the RB position. Siegel's problem next year will be WR's....we don't have a big threat like Ramsey was. Last year, especially when Ramsey wasn't in the game people knew it was going to Corven but he still ran over people. Kenny Meredith said Corven was the hardest guy he has ever tried to tackle and that was when Corven was a sophomore.

But I like how even though Corven was only 200 yards behind Gaston in yards at the end of last year's regular season...he isn't even considered the top RB in the region...actually its kind of baffling how he isn't recognized as the top RB.

well i could see corven being hard to tackle..but whats his 40 do u kno that could be a factor..it will be hard for him this comin yr though cause teams r gonna zone in on him, zeke is gonna have to show he can be a reliable QB to try and keep tha D honest

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our freshman team last year was loaded. Devon Howse and Blair Jones will take the reigns at the RB position. Siegel's problem next year will be WR's....we don't have a big threat like Ramsey was. Last year, especially when Ramsey wasn't in the game people knew it was going to Corven but he still ran over people. Kenny Meredith said Corven was the hardest guy he has ever tried to tackle and that was when Corven was a sophomore.

But I like how even though Corven was only 200 yards behind Gaston in yards at the end of last year's regular season...he isn't even considered the top RB in the region...actually its kind of baffling how he isn't recognized as the top RB.

I would think its the QB and the entire Defense spot...

Guest Cutters Crazies

Chuck McCord, Staley Haynes will be two VERY good LB'ers. They have some pretty strong and big young'ns coming up that should be fine on the lines that I know of. The young talent is there for upcoming years...nice combination of big guys with some skill players.

Interesting post from a Lavergne thread; I agree with most of this!

HOW FAR WILL THEY GO?

they should make it out to I-24; at least on their 5 road games

Lavergne had a very good season last year; first in a while. I suspect they will do even better this season, because they finally have something to build on. They have a good returning group of players, a good coaching staff. The Wolverines should be in the upper group of Mid-State teams this fall, along with Smyrna and Riverdale from Region 4.

Surprise team from region 4 could be Lebanon, perhaps Oakland (a very good coaching staff)

Semi-surprise could be siegel (jury is still out on some things there.......... as in an ego run amuck)

Wilson Central has a good group returning, but will have to adjust to some major changes

Blackman is simply Blackman: they are now acting just like a newly opened school unlike their roaring start when the doors first opened.

ZERO WEEK WILL TELL A LOT.

1.) Who wins in battle of Smyrna-Lavergne (winner could be second or first in region)

2.) Will siegel battle the Warriors; are simply roll over? The Stars have got make it a game; even if they lose!

OTTER IN THE HOUSE!!

I still think Lebanon is a year or two away, but they will be MUCH improved this season. They lost just about everyone after their 8-2 season two years ago and had a whole heap of new guys to break in.

That being said, Brown is a good coach who knows what he's doing. LHS had tons of talent in '01 but went 4-6. Brown has gotten his teams to play to, or at times above, their abilities, Gaines is a good, strong RB, and the defense is improving. Finding a steady hand at QB is a necessity.

The Blue Devil freshmen won the region (and went undefeated, I believe). This is a deep, talented group.

I don't think they'll be higher than 4th, but they'll certainly be better than 2-8. Considering what they had to work with last season, they played teams pretty wel.

Thoughts?

I still think Lebanon is a year or two away, but they will be MUCH improved this season. They lost just about everyone after their 8-2 season two years ago and had a whole heap of new guys to break in.

That being said, Brown is a good coach who knows what he's doing. LHS had tons of talent in '01 but went 4-6. Brown has gotten his teams to play to, or at times above, their abilities, Gaines is a good, strong RB, and the defense is improving. Finding a steady hand at QB is a necessity.

The Blue Devil freshmen won the region (and went undefeated, I believe). This is a deep, talented group.

I don't think they'll be higher than 4th, but they'll certainly be better than 2-8. Considering what they had to work with last season, they played teams pretty wel.

Thoughts?

Really good post. Lebanon is one of those wild card teams this year. The question is how far will they come and how fast. I expect they will be tough by the end of the year. If they can win a couple games early they could be back in the playoffss...the talent is there, it is just young.

Really good post. Lebanon is one of those wild card teams this year. The question is how far will they come and how fast. I expect they will be tough by the end of the year. If they can win a couple games early they could be back in the playoffss...the talent is there, it is just young.

I think if any team is the "sleeper" team, its definately them. I just hope we can knock em' off before the season gets to rolling good.

Who will the qb be?

Good question. Daley Sallis and (I think) Micah Walker return from last season. One of the Maynard brothers from last year's freshman squad may get a shot. One way or another, Brown will find a way to get those two on the field. They definitely have skills.

QB could be quite the weakness unless one of these guys blows up.

Edited by BlackAndBlueDevil