Riverdale, Siegel, Oakland, and Blackman?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is everyone feeling with the new O of RHS and the smashmouth football at Siegel High School?

Will Oakland and Blackman cause a ruckus with the spread offense???

Where will Lavergne, Lebanon, and Smyrna measure up?? .. and oh yeah Wilson Central

the words siegel and smashmouth football belong no where near each other :unsure:.

1. Riverdale

6. Siegel

7. Oakland (they could place above siegel if they win head to head)

8. Blackman

the words siegel and smashmouth football belong no where near each other :unsure:.

1. Riverdale

6. Siegel

7. Oakland (they could place above siegel if they win head to head)

8. Blackman

Siegel has had pretty good success at times with Corven Parks just running straight at folks. As previously mentioned, if they can keep Zeke on his feet when in passing situations, that will help them in so many areas on offense and more importantly take the heat off Corven Parks

I feel like Oakland and Siegel both could make the playoffs, probably not both of them, but this region is so balanced for this upcoming season that I wouldnt put it out of the question

Just my opinion, but I think you will see less and less of the spread from Oakland and moreso a desire to have a balanced offense. Jerome Burris is a tremendous talent and can carry the offense when asked to as evidenced by last year's games against Franklin County and Lebanon. I feel like Oakland has the pieces in the passing game to keep teams honest and not have to stack the line of scrimmage against the Patriots

I think a spread offense would suit Blackman better as opposed to a pro-style passing offense. Last year Blackman didnt really have a qb that could throw the ball down the field, but if they are able to nickel and dime it down the field, then maybe they can string together some wins and pull of some upsets, they came close last year

Riverdale is a program in decline, coach Rankin left, and the Wing T won't work in Tennessee. For all of those reasons I predict that Riverdale will have some closer games on their way to the 2006 Region 4-5A title. :unsure:

Lebanon, Smyrna, and Lavergne all have their own city but Riverdale, Siegel, Blackman, and Oakland have to share one. That's not really fair. Heck, WC doesn't even have part of a city...

RHS

Lavergne

Smyrna

WC

Lebanon

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

I can't remember if that's how I picked them last time.

Riverdale is a program in decline, coach Rankin left, and the Wing T won't work in Tennessee. For all of those reasons I predict that Riverdale will have some closer games on their way to the 2006 Region 4-5A title. :thumb:

Lebanon, Smyrna, and Lavergne all have their own city but Riverdale, Siegel, Blackman, and Oakland have to share one. That's not really fair. Heck, WC doesn't even have part of a city...

RHS

Lavergne

Smyrna

WC

Lebanon

Oakland

Siegel

Blackman

I can't remember if that's how I picked them last time.

I have no idea how Lebanon or Wilson Central will be, but based on what I saw last year and this off-season, I will have the schools ranked differently. (By the way, I bleed Red, White, and Blue)

1.Smyrna

2.Riverdale

3.La Vergne

4.Oakland

5.Wilson Central

6.Lebanon

7.Siegel

8.Blackman

Of course I am guessing, but that is how I rank the teams as I played them. Numbers 5-7 can be feasible in any order, but I think that Oakland will start their playoff streak again this year. I don't know, but wasn't Oakland in the playoffs every year before Siegel opened? Someone who knows might share.