Riverdale, Siegel, Oakland, and Blackman?

Good question. Daley Sallis and (I think) Micah Walker return from last season. One of the Maynard brothers from last year's freshman squad may get a shot. One way or another, Brown will find a way to get those two on the field. They definitely have skills.

QB could be quite the weakness unless one of these guys blows up.

Main thing is to find someone that protects the ball and makes good decisions.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have about two months until fall practice starts...what do we do until then?

During the spring I got to see Riverdale, Smyrna, Lavergne and Oakland scrimmage. Also got to see two of Riverdale's non-region opponents in Lincoln County and Dickson County. It was not very pretty...definitely spring football.

The region is going to be very tough. Someone posted earlier that there will be at least one pretty good team from this region that won't make the playoffs. After watching how close the teams were, talent-wise, it's pretty sure that we're headed for some close, competitive games this fall. The first team to lose a game they should win is in trouble.

One thing that was noticeably missing in the spring were great running backs. I just didn't seen any. I saw big backs, fast backs, and backs with some moves but did not see anyone that looked like they had all three. I did see a lot of fast straight-ahead runners but I just didn't see any Gaston Millers out there on any of the teams I saw scrimmage. There were good backs, I just didn't see any great backs...at least they weren't great the day that I saw them.

From the Riverdale perspective:

I thought the spring answered a few questions. First, Scott Thomas looked much better as a Wing-T QB than I thought he would. He is going to be very good there.

The DL has great potential and needs to play up to that potential...I didn't think they quite got there in the spring. In the Wing-T, you need to be at least two-deep at every offensive position...there are still several positions up for grabs on the offensive two-deep. The defense has a lot of work to do with several positions on the two-deep waiting for someone to claim them. The OL looks like a group with promise that needs to work their butts off for the next 60 days getting stronger and in better shape.

I'm still hearing that several players are moving in over the summer but don't know if they are guys that could come in and play soon. With all of the new houses going up all over the county I expect we'll see new guys coming in to most of the schools.

Lastly:

I visited Delphi, Greece last week. While there I consulted the Oracle for guidance on the outcome of the upcoming football season. It is written...that Riverdale will repeat as region champion but only after some stirring epic battles. The Oracle really likes epic battles, BTW. I know many of you were hoping that this is the year the Riverdale would fall but, alas, according to the prophecy it is not to be. Go Warriors!!

We have about two months until fall practice starts...what do we do until then?

During the spring I got to see Riverdale, Smyrna, Lavergne and Oakland scrimmage. Also got to see two of Riverdale's non-region opponents in Lincoln County and Dickson County. It was not very pretty...definitely spring football.

The region is going to be very tough. Someone posted earlier that there will be at least one pretty good team from this region that won't make the playoffs. After watching how close the teams were, talent-wise, it's pretty sure that we're headed for some close, competitive games this fall. The first team to lose a game they should win is in trouble.

One thing that was noticeably missing in the spring were great running backs. I just didn't seen any. I saw big backs, fast backs, and backs with some moves but did not see anyone that looked like they had all three. I did see a lot of fast straight-ahead runners but I just didn't see any Gaston Millers out there on any of the teams I saw scrimmage. There were good backs, I just didn't see any great backs...at least they weren't great the day that I saw them.

From the Riverdale perspective:

I thought the spring answered a few questions. First, Scott Thomas looked much better as a Wing-T QB than I thought he would. He is going to be very good there.

The DL has great potential and needs to play up to that potential...I didn't think they quite got there in the spring. In the Wing-T, you need to be at least two-deep at every offensive position...there are still several positions up for grabs on the offensive two-deep. The defense has a lot of work to do with several positions on the two-deep waiting for someone to claim them. The OL looks like a group with promise that needs to work their butts off for the next 60 days getting stronger and in better shape.

I'm still hearing that several players are moving in over the summer but don't know if they are guys that could come in and play soon. With all of the new houses going up all over the county I expect we'll see new guys coming in to most of the schools.

Lastly:

I visited Delphi, Greece last week. While there I consulted the Oracle for guidance on the outcome of the upcoming football season. It is written...that Riverdale will repeat as region champion but only after some stirring epic battles. The Oracle really likes epic battles, BTW. I know many of you were hoping that this is the year the Riverdale would fall but, alas, according to the prophecy it is not to be. Go Warriors!!

Good post!

Now we will hear from the Oracles of Smyrna, LaVergne and a couple of other places. ;)

Like I have said, we 'may' see a team make the playoffs with 5 losses this year. It does not mean they will be bad, but just in a tough region.

TDC, R'dale doing Iron Warrior again this year?

Good post!

Now we will hear from the Oracles of Smyrna, LaVergne and a couple of other places. :lol:

Like I have said, we 'may' see a team make the playoffs with 5 losses this year. It does not mean they will be bad, but just in a tough region.

TDC, R'dale doing Iron Warrior again this year?

Yes, we are waiting to hear from the Oracles. :lol:

Good question. Daley Sallis and (I think) Micah Walker return from last season. One of the Maynard brothers from last year's freshman squad may get a shot. One way or another, Brown will find a way to get those two on the field. They definitely have skills.

QB could be quite the weakness unless one of these guys blows up.

Daley Sallis and Micah Walker will bot hbe juniors this year. Daley started every game last year, but when Micah came in against Smyrna in the last game, he looked really good, and led 2 or 3 touchdown drives against the #1 defense of Smyrna. Anyone heard who got the upperhand in the spring?

Daley Sallis and Micah Walker will bot hbe juniors this year. Daley started every game last year, but when Micah came in against Smyrna in the last game, he looked really good, and led 2 or 3 touchdown drives against the #1 defense of Smyrna. Anyone heard who got the upperhand in the spring?

who was the qb when u played ohs? he was a lil shakey.