Montgomery Central

d_end92

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see here:

1.) In 2004 Montgomery Central went to the playoffs with a quarterback named Evan Harrison leading the way and a guy named Benton Jackson who always seemed to make big plays throughout that season (3 kick returns for TD's).

2.) In 2005 with Harrison as the starting quarterback Central started out 2-0 with convincing blowout wins over Houston Co. and Spring Hill.

3.) After Harrison went down in the Rossview game Central went on to lose their final eight games of the season (despite some strong play down the stretch from a freshman all region quarterback/defensive back).

4.) With Harrison, Rittenhouse, and Jackson all returning this year and running behind a line that will be much more experienced this could be a team that sneaks up and bites some big boys in Region 5-3A.

5.) Last year's inexperience will be an advantage this year because there will be much experience on the field for Montgomery Central this fall. This will be a team in the playoff hunt in a very crowded region late in the 2006 season.

I think you nailed it pretty good Big Country. Montgomery Central lost some close games last year. Some that could have really went either way. With some minor coaching changes this year, the Indians will be much improved over last year.

MC Indians scrimmaged Stewart County last weekend and looked very impressive. They played hard hitting smashmouth football. Like I said in another post, if they keep that game plan...there gonna win several more games this year.

I think you nailed it pretty good Big Country. Montgomery Central lost some close games last year. Some that could have really went either way. With some minor coaching changes this year, the Indians will be much improved over last year.

MC Indians scrimmaged Stewart County last weekend and looked very impressive. They played hard hitting smashmouth football. Like I said in another post, if they keep that game plan...there gonna win several more games this year.

Did coach Hood go to NW? If so, who is the new OC?