Giles Co. vs. Lincoln Co.

Hawse40

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles County switched from the Spread offense to the Single Wing off.

Joseph Dunnavent is the QB and Sam Edgmon is the starting Running Back but Quon Renyolds started in the scrimmage.

And for the scrimmage i think that GC looked pretty good at times and bad at times i think they are going to have to adjust from running the spread and trying to pass and running the wing and trying to pass

I think Joseph(QB) got sacked more times in this one scrimmage than GC gave up all last year (really!!!)

I think GC will go 3-7 in the season on the count that i dont think that there defense will hold up to the competition their going up against this year. Whats going to be a killer for them is Shoot outs they went through alot last year but with this offense now i just dont think they can do it

Giles County switched from the Spread offense to the Single Wing off.

Joseph Dunnavent is the QB and Sam Edgmon is the starting Running Back but Quon Renyolds started in the scrimmage.

And for the scrimmage i think that GC looked pretty good at times and bad at times i think they are going to have to adjust from running the spread and trying to pass and running the wing and trying to pass

I think Joseph(QB) got sacked more times in this one scrimmage than GC gave up all last year (really!!!)

I think GC will go 3-7 in the season on the count that i dont think that there defense will hold up to the competition their going up against this year. Whats going to be a killer for them is Shoot outs they went through alot last year but with this offense now i just dont think they can do it

Well look at it this way:

In the region they play in David Lipscomb will be the unanimous pick to win the region title this year. Marshall Co. SHOULD finish at #2 in the region (at least) with the talent that they have returning.

After that??????????????????????

There are fresh faces all over the field everywhere this year for Creek Wood, Page, and Cheatham Co. Giles beat two of those teams last year (and all three of those teams will be rebuilding this year). Spring Hill is in a big state of confusion as it relates to who will be the coach of that football team this season. Finally there's Montgomery Central. The Indians in my opinion will be the most improved team in the region this fall. They were 2-8 but in '04 they were a playoff team and with key players returning all over the field I believe this could be another playoff season for the Clarksville school.

BTW, replacing BGA with Ensworth on the schedule doesn't hurt at all <_<

Giles Co. should be solid this season and this is coming from a guy who laughs every year when Giles fans get on here and make dumb predictions based on scrimmages in the preseason. Tim Johnson is gone but the guy they replaced him with won when he coached at Lee (AL) High School.

<_<

Well look at it this way:

In the region they play in David Lipscomb will be the unanimous pick to win the region title this year. Marshall Co. SHOULD finish at #2 in the region (at least) with the talent that they have returning.

After that??????????????????????

There are fresh faces all over the field everywhere this year for Creek Wood, Page, and Cheatham Co. Giles beat two of those teams last year (and all three of those teams will be rebuilding this year). Spring Hill is in a big state of confusion as it relates to who will be the coach of that football team this season. Finally there's Montgomery Central. The Indians in my opinion will be the most improved team in the region this fall. They were 2-8 but in '04 they were a playoff team and with key players returning all over the field I believe this could be another playoff season for the Clarksville school.

BTW, replacing BGA with Ensworth on the schedule doesn't hurt at all

Giles Co. should be solid this season and this is coming from a guy who laughs every year when Giles fans get on here and make dumb predictions based on scrimmages in the preseason. Tim Johnson is gone but the guy they replaced him with won when he coached at Lee (AL) High School.

O dont get me wrong(Im a big GC fan) i also think that GC is going to be a solid team, Im just saying that they had alot of success with the spread offense and to go back to the old GC by running the ball about 50 times a game, I just think that they wont be able to just overpower teams like they did back in the Jackie era.

And another thing about when fans get on here and talk about GC winning in scrimmages and keeping close to 5A teams. If u look at the scores at those scrimmages u will see that they dont give up about 2 touchdowns a game but when the season comes up teams seem to be putting up almost 40 a game. And that goes back to the offense, last season GC was able to score in a couple of seconds get the ball back and score quick again. This season coming up there going to be running a slow pace mix with the Single Wing and Maryland I. And when it comes time to put up a quick score I just dont think they have the personal to do it

But I hope im wrong about that and i hope GC gets to the playoffs for a change :unsure:

• 2 months later...