Spring Pratice around Knoxville

I know Central, Powell, Halls, and Bearden are in spring practice. Any news from these camps?

Who is taking snaps at Central? Any scrimmages coming up?

Heard Powells line d line was dominate vs. O.R. But the offense was not very effective. With the rumor floating around that they will have a very good transfer coming in the fall look for the O to improve. Does Powell have any more scrimmages?

Halls had a tough day vs. D.B. but they are said to be young and had several impact players out in baseball. What is on the schedule for Halls this week and have they recovered from the tough day against D.B.

Bearden is out and they have a srimmage coming up with O.R. What are the prospects for the Bulldogs?

Any other Knoxville teams in spring practice?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Powells line d line was dominate vs. O.R. But the offense was not very effective. With the rumor floating around that they will have a very good transfer coming in the fall look for the O to improve. Does Powell have any more scrimmages?

That's pretty accurate. The entire defense - and especially the front 7 - for the Panthers have been very good. The seconday also made a lot of progress and performed well against Oak Ridge.

Offensively there is still work to be done, but it's work that is doable.

Powell wrapped up spring practice last Friday. Everybody in Knox County has to be done by this Friday since finals begin on Monday.

That's pretty accurate. The entire defense - and especially the front 7 - for the Panthers have been very good. The seconday also made a lot of progress and performed well against Oak Ridge.

Offensively there is still work to be done, but it's work that is doable.

Powell wrapped up spring practice last Friday. Everybody in Knox County has to be done by this Friday since finals begin on Monday.

Actually I think Monday is "review day" and finals begin tuesday

Actually I think Monday is "review day" and finals begin tuesday

Thanks. I sit corrected, then. None the less, I don't believe anybody would extend spring practice to Monday since football players are students first and don't need to be practicing on Monday when they need to be studying for finals.

Any info from Bearden, Central, or Halls.

I did read in the shooper that Halls had a Red and White game coming up Monday.

Will Central have any such scrimmage? will they be having any kind of scrimmage?

Is the Bearden O.R. scrimmage today? If so how about a report latter?

I believe I read that Bearden and Oak Ridge will scrimmage on Friday.

Central normally has a red and black type of game to close out spring.

Speaking of Central, strong rumor has it that there may be some type of turmoil going on between some coaches right now. Anybody know anything concrete on that?

The Bearden/Or scrimmage will be today (Thurs.) at 6 oclock at Bearden.

You are right HTV, it's going to be tough to score on Powell this year. Any kind of offensive production and Mr. Lowe and co. appear to be in business. The Panthers seemed to have a different intensity than the recent past, I don't see them enough to know for sure, but I definately noticed that they were fired up, playing hard and having fun at OR.

Central has a scrimmage scheduled for Thursday at AE (weather permitting). They have the Red and Black game set for next Tuesday.

Do you know anything on the coaching rumors, Medman?

If you don't want to discuss it on this forum, I understand. You can email me at brmvol@aol.com

Thanks.

HTV,

The word is that Helton has had enough. Apparently he told principal, Jon Miller that he needed to name McMillan interim head coach, and McMillan decided to take over. This really didn't sit well with Helton and he is having second thoughts. Just can't seem to let go.....at least to McMillan. Apparently several parents called in and said that they wouldn't let their kids play for McMillan.....I guess the saga continues.